• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

mappers dafUQ?

Crolly

Lithera♣ Dev
Reaction score
so im in this m4d mode where i type like a FKNR morOn and trullz ;]

anywey, why do the otlandz commuinties make so tryhard with maps? players dunt give a fk if the piece has been made by nEon or cipsoFT!!!!!!!!! (the style, not rl map)
so tell me forum, why not use auto border and create a map on a week insteed of 2 years with rAW when no one gives a shit?

sure it looks fkn good when u do it in this dont resize window and in forum with little frame and i laik mapping, but when u create server WHYYYYYYYY SOOOOOO FKN TRYHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

Yesh agreed but it's because we need 'inspiration' but the people here only see and attempt to copy what they like onto they map. I think they should do it ur way ;D

Because it's a hobby, it's more fun to make a good looking map instead of a bad looking map.

Because it's a hobby, it's more fun to make a good looking map instead of a bad looking map.
idd its a hobby, but if ur creating a server and want it finished early u better just auto it all - players wont give a shit

idd its a hobby, but if ur creating a server and want it finished early u better just auto it all - players wont give a shit

It's not just because of the server, it's because we want to create a beutiful map. I don't care if players won't give a shit. I give a shit.

It's not just because of the server, it's because we want to create a beutiful map. I don't care if players won't give a shit. I give a shit.

u got a point, but i dont get why the bigG fakking entire community try so hard with creating betiful map when you can just doodad that shit ;]

There is already 10000 servers with doodad, autobordered shitty map.

To be honest, when I play a OT, I doesnt rlly care for details, since there r hunts, houses, quests etc... Thats enough :p

all raw mapping could get you rep and a possible mapping job but I do understand what you are saying, it's just that people want to try and show off what they CAN do with an image in their head (inspiration). Hence why they look at something the image changes to what they want to see as "100% made by them inspiration by so and so"

To be honest, when I play a OT, I doesnt rlly care for details, since there r hunts, houses, quests etc... Thats enough :p

Indeed!

Reputation or a mapping job read over if you don't understand. I understand people do it for fun too but alot of people mainly do it for a name to get a map job.

Learn to have fun and stop qqing about whatever others do.
If you prefer doodad/autobordering etc over "uber-neon-like" maps, sure, no problem.

I mix it altogether myself. And I don't show it on this forum so I don't get whiners about me having to use raw when I don't care about perfect stuff.
I just want decent stuff for my own server, even though I prefer having Neon's stuff. Ohyay for copy-paste!

and why would I?

Because if you were me, you would want to map with raw and take your time... Wtf is the problem here... If you want to map with Doodad, you map with doodad. Go ahead.
If I want to map with Raw and take my time, let me... Or whoever the fuck we are talking about...

Because if you were me, you would want to map with raw and take your time... Wtf is the problem here... If you want to map with Doodad, you map with doodad. Go ahead.
If I want to map with Raw and take my time, let me... Or whoever the fuck we are talking about...

Im not you
Maybe sometimes!
Sure!

Exactly what Neon says here. Why do people paint pictures from scratch instead of using a computer and having auto fill in and shit like that? It's because it's a hobby and they like what they're doing. Neon has done a lot of showoff in the past where it had nothing to do with making an OT but for just the purpose of doing it.

Back