• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

mapping and scripting problems

nickpoo2

Reaction score
i am having many issues with this server and it deals with mapping and scripting i guess:

1. it says this many times but instead of 'keyword_reply3' it would be 4 or 5 and i dont understand wat is missing

[26/07/2010 00:37:10] [Warning] NpcSystem:
[26/07/2010 00:37:10] Parameter 'keyword_reply3' missing. Skipping...

2. this part has to deal with my map editor i think. The Zao island always looks like this whenever i use my map editor. I think it has to do something with the items but im not completely sure. If u cant cant see it very clearly the black spots have boxes in them and the road that should be there is all walls

map.png

i would love if i could get some help on this because this tends to be very fustrating:)
Thanks!

Last edited:
then install RME 1.1.11 again,
remove Zao completely,
downgrade map to version 8.50,
install RME 1.1.10 again,
convert it back to 8.54,
import Zao again,
????
profit

Npc problem, go to data/npc/lib/npcsystem/ open file modules.lua

search for lines
Code:
					print('[Warning] NpcSystem:', 'Parameter \'' .. 'keyword_reply' .. n .. '\' missing. Skipping...')
Under those lines add
Code:
print("NPC: ".. getCreatureName(getNpcCid()))
Now it should show npc name after console error :thumbup:

About fixing:
In this npc file you got these kind of lines
Code:
		<parameter key="module_keywords" value="1" />
[COLOR="Red"]		<parameter key="keywords" value="quest;help;item" />[/COLOR]
		<parameter key="keyword_reply1" value="Search the deep jungle!" />
		<parameter key="keyword_reply2" value="I buy items. Say 'Trade' to see what I buy." />
		<parameter key="keyword_reply3" value="I buy items. Say 'Trade' to see what I buy." />
And in red line you can see keywords, under red line you can see answers. If I add one more keyword to red line it doesn't have answer and it shows error because then I have 4 keywords and 3 replys, got it?

Sonical i did wat u said to do and it still gives me the same response

[26/07/2010 00:37:10] [Warning] NpcSystem:
[26/07/2010 00:37:10] Parameter 'keyword_reply3' missing. Skipping...

ill show u the script to see if i did it correct
Code:
if(i ~= 1) then
				local reply = NpcSystem.getParameter('keyword_reply' .. n)
				if(reply ~= nil) then
					self:addKeyword(keywords, reply)
				else
					print('[Warning] NpcSystem:', 'Parameter \'' .. 'keyword_reply' .. n .. '\' missing. Skipping...')
				end
			else
				print('[Warning] NpcSystem:', 'No keywords found for keyword set #' .. n .. '. Skipping...')
			end

n = n + 1
		end
	end

Back