• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Mapping idea] Otland as a Community

Sentielo

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
I am from Holland, where the fack you from :)
Dear boys and girls,

I and others have noticed the last few months, that some kind of players are getting bored, because of all those cipsoft maps. The main problem on creating costum maps is, that it is hard to make 1) a large costum map, 2) well detailed and 3) a map where peoples can find huntspots easely and where are enough large places to hunt.

Why did I make this thread?
I would also like to create a nice costum map, which players can download to use after we made it. So we as Otlanders will create slowly a map. As I said the main problem was, that peoples dislike the fact that it takes so mutch time to create a whole costum map by theirself or with a small group. So why don't we all make just a small town or one large huntspot?

So how will this work?
1) Chooise if you want to make a city or if you want to make a town.
-City: Remember it shouldn't be to big, a few houses, enough houses for npcs, detailled maps, attractive to pvp on, dp, etc.
-Huntspot: Create a way where first are just a solo spawn, after that there are a few more creatures and finally a quest mayby, also detail it nice. You do not have to place monsters!!!
2) After you mapped something, post a screenshot, so other peoples from Otland can give feedback (so do not only tell what is bad, also tell what is nice about the map)
3) If the players from Otland think the town/huntspot is ready, fix a download-link (preferation to speedy share?)

The Start:
First we start mapping a forrest town, so think of monsters which belongs their (look at towns, such as Edron, Thais, Carlin, etc. After we got enough towns (like 3 forest towns) we will start with some other kind of town.

Finally I would love to say if you know anything which could be improved in this thread, please tell me. Comments on the mapping thread/maps are able. I also hope, peoples will participate. See this also as a place where you can create experience to be a better mapper.

Rules:
*If you found a nice mappiece, it is able to post here! You do not have to map it by yourself.
*If you found a mappiece, please add the name of the guy which made it.
*You gotta have to add a screenshot with a download link.
*Don't flame here, just give feedback to others.

Tips:
If you are a starting mapper, use tutorial! I am also a starting mapper, following tutorial. Here is a link with tutorials.
~Sentielo

Last edited:
Well in that case I think it'd be the same, 'cus every time a mapper want to share something, he/she justs uploads it and release in the download maps section. =/

I think this could work if there was a map editor with like a multi-player type function (lets more mappers work on the same map at the same time <live>)

How about just use the pieces youve made but arent using instead of making new pieces especially for this project. Then it's pretty easy to put together a map

It's oke to put old pieces of your map here, it's also able to pust maps you have found somewhere at otland, but if peoples want you to edit it, you should be able to.

Edit:
Do you like this map? What to improve. This will be a wyvern mountain (remind it's not finished yet, only look to details inside the mountain:

Last edited:
the problem with this is that if you create a bunch of peices and let them have it to put together then you end up with a bunch of very similar servers.

then people will end up getting bored of that as well, just as they did with the evolutions map and the yurot's map.

It's way better if the map were good. It takes time to learn. Perhaps some pro's could create one?

The evolutions map and the yurot's map were just "small" maps. It were just one great city in the beginning. I just want to make a large map, which will be as good or better as cipsoft, which will be like as populair as the current cispoft map is. Hope you understand my meaning.

And Perez. This is the first time I made a map after the 7.6 update =). Just read tutorials (see the main page), base your mapping on Cipsoft and after that create your own activity.

Btw, peoples start mapping please, not only telling what you feel about this!

I have 2 small maps I made for everyone to download you can use those;p in map download section.

stuff.jpg

http://otland.net/f50/8-54-desert-thing-72419/

Yourspic.jpg

http://otland.net/f50/small-little-village-69187/

There not to good but people can edit them more.

Neon did something similar

OpenTibia Map something like that

Use the search function
There's already a big city with few hunt zones