• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Mapping] Midnight World

Ferchox

Reaction score
Hi!, This is a map im working on. Please Comment and tell me what i need to improve skills!:)

Main City Screenshots(Naema):

-Depots:
depotswp9.jpg

Some Shops!(Just the idea how i made them, because there's alot of shop places in the city):

-The Rune Maker
shop1dm3.jpg

-The paladin store
shops1jg6.jpg

-Some houses!:
housesjf7.jpg

-Some Large Views Of The City:

largeeu2.jpg

large2or7.jpg

The Traditional Beginners Spawn Down City:

1st Floor:
thespawnea6.jpg

2nd floor:
2ndfloornk1.jpg

It has 3 floors, big enough for no hunting problems. I show you pics from 1st and 2nd floor just to get the idea how i make this kind of caves^_^

a little beach near town you can spend some springbreak with your friends;)

beachbr0.jpg

Some hunt zones outside city!:

This is a little spot for hunters i made:
hunterspotcy0.jpg

huntersac5.jpg

A Spider Cave:
spideroa7.jpg

spidersdk9.jpg

agssp8.jpg

Some Cyclops Cave:

cycwj8.jpg

cyc2di0.jpg

The look of outside city (I think, It have to look nice and natural for players comfort while walking around to find some place to hunt outside!):

aroundrx4.jpg

around2gx7.jpg

Mysterious spots in the map that can take you to dangerous quests!

spotsfx4.jpg

Well i think thats enough, as you can see the map still need alot of things to do, like ice islands, more spawns and more cities.. But Am i doing it good? Please Commet:p

Looking very very very very (Very) Empty! sry to say it :/

As neon said yeah it looks empyty and i have idea for you try to make something from your mind i mean the dp try to make it un normal i mean with new way anything like this will make the map much popular , about the hunting places your sence of mapping is cool but you need to randomize things and put more details because it looks like someone build it

Hey you don't have to insult me! :'(

Ontopic: Ya, you need a lot more trees in the first pictures, there's like 5 trees in the whole town. And all the houses are lined up, looking almost the same, apart from some minor tweaks. There's just no creativity around there.

And the caves, the pathing looks good, but you need more plants down there, even tho you don't need to fill the caves, like Neon does, you still need a little life there. The only sign of life, other than the cyclops, is the waterfall, it gets quite boring after a while of running thru endless tunnels that look exactly the same.

Just some constructive critizism. :thumbup:

why is there grass growing into the shops? to much misplaced grass in town and no dirt at all just grass and gravel(the path stuff) everywhere

Well, Thanks Masterboltin. Actually that's why im trying to make a good map. Should be good looking and Playable, Like you said. Of course im not the best doing the detailed work hehe. But im gonna work more into the city. But i think, Why make every house different?, Of course there's alot of houses with SQM Difference. All houses should be made in the same way. including walls and stuff. After all, Players Gonna Buy it. Im not doing it to look very very very very full of details and stuff. Because is not necessary. (Also Players Can buy Furniture.. Is'nt enough detail?)

P.D: Im updating map i'll post the new screenshots:D

i think you use that one grass/dirt border too much, but i like the pic of the GS hole with the webbed victims.

Back