• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapping suggestions for update

Myths

Cyntara Staff
Reaction score
Thread for Cyntara players.

Hello everyone. FIrst off, my name is Myth (in game of course). I have played Cyntara a number of months, and played Red's servers for longer than I can remember. He has asked me to help adjust the map for a future update.

Being that it is the players that play the server, I am open to any and all suggestions you are willing to give. This does not necessarily mean you will see them all. However, as long as they are reasonable requests, I'll see what I can do.

The only rules are:
-Try not to repeat the same thing as another player
-Don't be vague (i.e. Redo all spawns.)
-Don't be too specific (i.e. Redo my house in...)

A good example of a suggestion would be: The Orshabaal teleport area looks very messy. Therefor, making it have a cleaner look would be nice.
If it's something specific or intricate, please include a picture.

Keep in mind that things can be added, or removed. For starters, the teleport room is already being worked on (and the railway has been taken out, along wth many other things). However, many things have been added.

Remove the teleport room, incorporate a RL/edited map that includes every monster currently ingame at it's own spawn that you need to find & walk to each time you'd like to hunt there.
I'd love it, lol.

If ofc you're too lazy for all of that, I'd say remove the PZs in VIP Nightmares & remap the teleport room (I just don't like it.)

Remove the teleport room, incorporate a RL/edited map that includes every monster currently ingame at it's own spawn that you need to find & walk to each time you'd like to hunt there.
I'd love it, lol.

If ofc you're too lazy for all of that, I'd say remove the PZs in VIP Nightmares & remap the teleport room (I just don't like it.)

It's not a matter of laziness of course, that's a different kind of server. And the pz's should be removed now (i'm assuming you were speaking of the 2 areas that still had it). Finally, the teleport room has a new and much cleaner look now. I'm just finishing up, but it should be put towards the next update.

@Tanner: Sorry, this isn't a rl map server >_>; too many of them.

A new respawn with "Medussa" (monster), in a place with swamp.
with less exp/power than BKB but not to much

Medusa.gif
yes it is
Medusa - TibiaWiki - Quests, Items, Spells, and more
Medusa - TibiaWiki - Quests, Items, Spells, and more

Well will be great if you add hidden places like under threes and stuff or just in a big city like rookgard that you need to explore all rook and you find alot of quests so will be great if you add quests under the ground or stuff :p. And also harder quests that give you nice items that you can use instead ur donor items but maybe red can add a key or idk in the gift shop that you need to do the quest so it will be fair if it is stronger that a donation.

Uhhh, congestion

[Problem 1]
Congestion in the main teleport room.

[Solution 1]
Newly groupings for the hunting grounds teleporters should be more spread out also. Grouping hunting spots by like [100-200] [300-400] [500-600]. Not only this would be more friendly to new comers but a more efficient way to find a hunting spot. i realize some doors have level requirements, you can do that to a teleporter that takes you to the room.

[Problem 2]
Also i have another problem, the infinite tower/hallway of training monks. all i can say is wow it bothers me so much. first you cant trade with the npcs so u need to say your whole sentence, but then u receive 2-3x more. so then your forced to cut it in half or by 1/3. the tower even has a crash spot in the first room going down. which then u have to restart tibia all over again, to be at the bottom of the tower, but what if u wanted to get to the hallway, well you only have to climb like 7 sets of stairs....

[Solution 2]
NPC
ADD space between trainers or a food spawner.

Tower [for a mass Isn't really necessarily needed can get rid of with no repercussions]
Shorten tower, maybe like 4 floors max up and down. [also fix crash spot]

Hallway
Shorten, also have spawn spot in the middle. not only spawning halfway makes walking to the end cut in half, but equally spreads out trainers.

[Problem 3]
Signs level suggestion

[Solution 3]
Every class is a little different on what types they can fight, put the class next to the level suggestion.
Example:
Heros:
level 80 [ALL]

Behemoths:
Level 80 [Sorcs, druids, Paladins]
Level 90 [Knights]

[Hey no level doo.. Oh dear you are dead!]
hey what is this monster?

[Solution - Addition??]
What would be a cool addition would be a custom monster museum. see all the custom monsters that where made and their base attacks for each attack. Not only help newer players, but get a good guess if you could take the monster before you throw away your levels to see it in action.

[Lag issue "Move-able"]
Delete move-able objects that spawn with map, example light sources and unusable objects. Not only does it look cleaner but it also keeps lag out of the server.

[Solution Move-able]
replace move-able objects lightsources with stationary.

Thank you for your time and patenice!

Netuju - beware thy arrows
-=[Elite]=- Mapper, Retired OT hoster, Multi-cast spell maker

[Problem 2]
Also i have another problem, the infinite tower/hallway of training monks. all i can say is wow it bothers me so much. first you cant trade with the npcs so u need to say your whole sentence, but then u receive 2-3x more. so then your forced to cut it in half or by 1/3. the tower even has a crash spot in the first room going down. which then u have to restart tibia all over again, to be at the bottom of the tower, but what if u wanted to get to the hallway, well you only have to climb like 7 sets of stairs....

[Solution 2.0]
NPC
[Solution 2.1]
Add more training monks per floor

@Tanner: Sorry, this isn't a rl map server >_>; too many of them.

I just want more real Tibia cities including the spawns but have your custom monsters in there, not a full rl map server.

But you're right, we need to revive Roxor. There's totally not enough of them.

Going along with the training monks suggestion, it's not so much that more are needed, just a better layout is needed. And also, possibly a VIP training room with more monks per room (three or four) for faster shielding gains.

Shielding defends against a maximum of two opponents with the rest of the damage going straight through to armor, therefore any more than two training training monks are useless.

i think you should make a city..thats full of dolphins, with cherries all over the ground..and its a duel arena..with cherries and dolphins, wat could go wrong..? :eek:

[Problem 1]
Congestion in the main teleport room.

[Solution 1]
Newly groupings for the hunting grounds teleporters should be more spread out also. Grouping hunting spots by like [100-200] [300-400] [500-600]. Not only this would be more friendly to new comers but a more efficient way to find a hunting spot. i realize some doors have level requirements, you can do that to a teleporter that takes you to the room.

[Problem 2]

[Solution 2]
NPC

Tower [for a mass Isn't really necessarily needed can get rid of with no repercussions]
Shorten tower, maybe like 4 floors max up and down. [also fix crash spot]

Hallway
Shorten, also have spawn spot in the middle. not only spawning halfway makes walking to the end cut in half, but equally spreads out trainers.

[Problem 3]
Signs level suggestion

[Solution 3]
Every class is a little different on what types they can fight, put the class next to the level suggestion.
Example:
Heros:
level 80 [ALL]

Behemoths:
Level 80 [Sorcs, druids, Paladins]
Level 90 [Knights]

[Hey no level doo.. Oh dear you are dead!]
hey what is this monster?

[Solution - Addition??]
What would be a cool addition would be a custom monster museum. see all the custom monsters that where made and their base attacks for each attack. Not only help newer players, but get a good guess if you could take the monster before you throw away your levels to see it in action.

[Lag issue "Move-able"]
Delete move-able objects that spawn with map, example light sources and unusable objects. Not only does it look cleaner but it also keeps lag out of the server.

[Solution Move-able]
replace move-able objects lightsources with stationary.

Thank you for your time and patenice!

Netuju - beware thy arrows
-=[Elite]=- Mapper, Retired OT hoster, Multi-cast spell maker

1) Teleport room has already been re-made. It has a much cleaner, less congested look. Mabey in a future update, the teleport room can be completely redone.
2) I'll try to do something about the monks. But, if you want food you can just as easily leave, go buy food, and return. I probably won't have time to adjust every single NPC, so just make the best of it. *About the crash spot, show me in-game some time.
3) The "infinite" tower of monks will only be 2 floors instead of 5. There should still be plenty of monks.
4) I honestly don't see the sign suggestion as necessary. If a person has a question on what they can and can't hunt, they can ask around in-game or on forums. If you provide a hunting guide, I think many people would appreciate it. Even if I decided to add levels/vocations, it would be my own opinion. Finally, it's part of the game to figure out what to hunt, and what to avoid. I have other reasons, but those are just a few.
5) I will not make a monster museum.
6) If you create a list (or provide pictures) of objects that you think should be removed, I will gladly remove them.

Thanks for the suggestions, these are the things i'm looking for.
-DM

Make the BR BKBs have either a 2 way in it, or another entrance to the left side

Ive got an idea that would maybe spice up Cyntara a bit. Instead of just having TP room that everybody hangs out in, make a city! Make a custom city that is pvp enabled, has a DP, has vendor shops instead of just walking up the tp room into a shopping center... It seems out of place... Also the rebirth NPC, it would be nice to see a big, luxurious, completely over the top castle that he/she is in. I would be like WOW!! I want to rebirth... in other words maybe it would make more players want to get a rebirth. And dont get lazy and make a small city, make it like the size of Thais, or Carlin via RL Tibia. Dont nesicarily copy the map and call it done, make it look like Cyntara! Another thing, in the city, have towers full of monks as you do now, but rather than having TP's at the end of the hall, use stairs. Give it a more real tibia feel. Have multipule training towers so your never looking for the next person to move. Make the city the main place players hang out. I know its a pvp/pve server, but I dont nesicarliy like to PvP in monster spawns. They get in the way, very unpredictable as far as spawns go. Normally when your killing people in RL Tibia, its a gank on the way to a hunting spot or while they are mana'ing back up. Town PvP would be awesome. Its like, when your hunting on Cyntara and somebody just comes into the spawn and randomly kills you, its like wtf? Im just hunting.. But that is the only place where u can really PvP. When making the city, shops, the training towers, dp, castle to rebirth, they will all be PZ. You dont have to make a dp the size of the Tp room because alot of people will be sitting outside of the DP "chillin". In the Dp, you could go up the stairs to TPs which will take you to the current hunting room, take you to quest entrances such as they do now. Also make some newbie hunting areas that extend from the town. Like make a graveyard full of ghouls, demon skeletons, vampires, shamblers, zombies, nightstalkers etc... It gives new players a chance to make a decent penny to get started with there character. Im sure you guys can think of something to put in as far as "newbie" hunting spots are concerned, as being viable hunting spots around the town. And another thing, when the "Raids" in venore come alive. If they were in town, it gives everybody a fair chance to play. Its a 2 Sqm bridge you gotta cross and its always packed when things spawn. No fun..

Cyntara is a nice server but this could take it to a whole new level of OTs. Some people like the realistic feeling when they log into a OT. When you make a character on Cyntara you almost feel lost. It makes it seem like its to easy. And if the city is implemented, 1 suggestion would be to make 3 sqm roads so it dosent become a traffic jam if a large group of people is going to run through town.

What you are describing would require a complete makeover. Essentially (for those who don't want to read an essay) he wants the teleport room to rather be a city.

I think it has it's pro's and con's. Even if it was decided to get a new city look instead of a teleport room, it would require huge amounts of time to redo. Just think of all the teleports to and from the current teleport room, and the task of just transferring them.

For the upcoming update, this idea is out of the question. However, for a future update, it is completely possible if that is truly what the majority of players want.

I disagree with the turning the teleport room into a city idea.

There are many OTs with cities (rl maps cough) and they're overrated.
There's venore, edron, has many houses, and some teleport spawns.

This is Cyntara, not Real Tibia <_<;
Red

Back