• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Massive ping variation (rev.3777)

sowber

Reaction score
Yo, i'm having a massive ping variation in my server. Basically when i move my character i got a lot of freezes, my ping goes from 200~ to 400~. Taking a look at otland's i found a lot of threads saying that i should check my datapack and look for faulty scripts. I did some tests, and i'm getting these freezes even with default data from tfs, wich makes me wonder if this rev is really stable.

Is there any possible diagnostic / solution for that? Or even a direction to go?

Distro: GitHub - Fir3element/3777

Just to rule out any possibility that there is a connection issue between you an the server, did you check how the latest TFS and default datapack (what we preinstall) work for you and what ping you have?

getting 'Request timed out.' when pinging my server, so idk how to measure it xd. i could check before with elfbot (not sure if it's precise)

I had the same problem when using Firewalls on Linux Mint. If your server is possibly being ran off a Wifi Network, some Linux distros aren't too fond of Wifi, and the ping thing happens. I've researched how to fix this for quite some time, and haven't found a solution. But when running on Wifi via Debian, I don't get the random 7.8k ping spike and "Request Timed Out". However, when running Wifi on Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, ElementaryOS, Arch and even Kali Linux I get the same ping problem. It could be that the server you're hosting on doesn't have the proper network drivers, but I seriously doubt that, and I would advise not to try to fix them yourself, because if you don't know Linux well, you'll more than likely get stuck with a good ol' Initramfs> prompt on boot, which is just gay.

Back