• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Matching monster attacks

pansuchar

Reaction score
I created a monster (boss), his attacks:
Code:
    <attacks>
        <attack name="melee" interval="2000" min="-1000" max="-2500"/>
        <attack name="death" interval="1000" chance="9" range="7" min="-500" max="-600">
            <attribute key="shootEffect" value="suddendeath"/>
            <attribute key="areaEffect" value="mortarea"/>
        </attack>
            <attack name="energy" interval="1000" chance="11" range="7" target="1" radius="2" min="-300" max="-600">
            <attribute key="areaEffect" value="purpleenergy"/>
        </attack>
            <attack name="poison" interval="2000" chance="20" range="7" radius="6" target="0" min="-300" max="-600">
            <attribute key="areaEffect" value="poison"/>
        </attack>
            <attack name="fire" interval="1000" chance="11" radius="7" target="0" min="-300" max="-600">
            <attribute key="areaEffect" value="firearea"/>
        </attack>
                <attack name="physical" interval="2000" chance="25" range="7" radius="4" target="1" min="-300" max="-600">
            <attribute key="shootEffect" value="energy"/>
            <attribute key="areaEffect" value="blackspark"/>
        </attack>
    </attacks>

Are the attacks are suitable for players (especially knights who block) with level ~200? Balance is typical for medium exp ots, no manarune, only sio + pot.
I would like to blocking this monster was not obviously too easy.
Creating monsters - the biggest problem for me :p
Thanks for help :)

Let's check his highest and average DPS (damage per second).
If average DPS is higher then amount of sio then you need atleast 2 healers to tank it.

How I'm calculating it:
calculation.png

A 200th leveled Knight have 3135 health. This boss have definetly too high combo and maxDPS, while averageDPS is very small. This boss is mostly luck based. If you have a bit of luck as a tank you can beat it with one druid very easy. This works in the other way, if you have a bad luck you can die at level ~400 with one combo.

If you want to make a good boss - you should aim on maxDPS around 90% of tank's health, average over 50% and combo around 125%. Remember to take in calculations boss' summons.
Going to check the probability formula and I'll tell you every X seconds a combo occurs what is enough strong to kill a tank.

Link for Excel's file:
http://speedy*****malware.localhost/4mPGf/calculation.xlsx

Last edited:
Let's check his highest and average DPS (damage per second).
If average DPS is higher then amount of sio then you need atleast 2 healers to tank it.

How I'm calculating it:
View attachment 25102

A 200th leveled Knight have 3135 health. This boss have definetly too high combo and maxDPS, while averageDPS is very small. This boss is mostly luck based. If you have a bit of luck as a tank you can beat it with one druid very easy. This works in the other way, if you have a bad luck you can die at level ~400 with one combo.

If you want to make a good boss - you should aim on maxDPS around 90% of tank's health, average over 50% and combo around 125%. Remember to take in calculations boss' summons.
Going to check the probability formula and I'll tell you every X seconds a combo occurs what is enough strong to kill a tank.

Link for Excel's file:
http://speedy*****malware.localhost/4mPGf/calculation.xlsx

Damn, you are awesome man :) Creating monsters for me was terrible to this day :) I'm very appreciate your work :)

Back