• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Medivia - discussion and announcement of a new world Unity

Why don't you guys advertise on the advertisement section?
they don't put their server on any of the ots lists either
they know how to make a good server and sprites but dogshit at marketing xD

Why don't you guys advertise on the advertisement section?

they don't put their server on any of the ots lists either
they know how to make a good server and sprites but dogshit at marketing xD

In my humble opinion any OTS list nowadays is useless for advertising. I do fully agree with @kay and his post regarding such lists:

Also, I believe there is no need to spam with an advertisement thread here on otland as everything is clearly visible within our own thread.

That being said, lets go back to Medivia to mention some changes as of today:

Dear players

For some time already we have been thinking about how to make Medivia more friendly to free account players. That being the case, for a start, we have come to the conclusion that free accounts should be able to conjure runes for themselves in order to be self-sufficient in terms of in-game supplies. However, as we know from the past that usually led to abuse (e.g. rune farms), so having the past in mind we have decided to implement soulbound runes with an ability for a free account player to conjure most currently available runes in game without needing premium as well as few basic spells available for every character from the start.

What are soulbound runes?

Soulbound runes are runes conjured by free account players which are soulbound to their accounts. That being the case, only characters on that specific account can use those runes. This restriction does not apply to runes created by premium accounts as those will not be soulbound.

Those kinds of runes are marked with an ankh and they cannot be used by any other player besides the one who conjured them in the first place, so please have that in mind. In order to spot those runes, as they are no different from normal runes, an option within game client Settings => Game of "Display markings around unique items" needs to be enabled which will show markings around a soulbound rune:

N8IoDTR.png

That being the case, if you encounter a rune created by a different player which is soulbound it will have a gray ankh:

exQZNSR.png

Following combinations are possible:

Yellow ankh - rune is soulbound and it can be used by you.
Gray ankh - rune is soulbound and it cannot be used by you since it was conjured by another player.
No ankh - rune is not soulbound and can be used by everyone.

Also, after this update following extra spells can now be learned by players with a free account:

• Conjure Bolt
• Enchant Staff
• Energy Strike
• Explosion (soulbound)
• Fireball (soulbound)
• Flame Strike
• Great Fireball (soulbound)
• Heavy Magic Missile (soulbound)
• Sudden Death (soulbound)
• Ultimate Healing Rune (soulbound)
• Ultimate Light
• Undead Legion

What about basic spells?

Following basic spells can now be used by everyone on the mainland, without needing to learn them:

Antidote - incuro vex - cures poison
Conjure Arrow - increo amu - conjures 15 arrows (scouts only)
Create Food - increo nutri - conjures various types of food (scouts and clerics only)
Force Strike - incurso mortem - deals physical damage in front of the caster (sorcerers and clerics only)
Light - ancreo lux - illuminates surroundings of the caster
Light Healing - incuro - heals for small amount of health
Light Magic Missile - encurso - conjures rune that deals a small amount of energy damage (excluding warriors)
Magic Rope - inima tera - teleports you one floor up if you are standing below a hole in the ceiling

Additionally, following spells can now also be used by everyone on Novus as well:

Antidote - incuro vex - cures poison
Lesser Healing - incuro min - heals for a very small amount of health
Magic Rope - inima tera - teleports you one floor up if you are standing on a rope spot
Small Light - ancreo min lux - illuminates very small radius around the caster for 12 minutes

What about new spells?

In total four new spells have been added this update:

Lesser Healing - incuro min - heals the caster for a very small amount of health (Novus only)
Small Light - ancreo min lux - illuminates very small radius around the caster for 12 minutes (Novus only)
Ice Healing - incuro glaci - cures freezing state of the caster (clerics only)
Mass Ice Healing - incuro glaci mas res - cures freezing state of everyone in a moderate radius (clerics only)

Please refer to your spellbook (in the game client, top-left) for more details.

Please note though, the magic level progress on Novus is much lower than progress in mainland of a warrior vocation, even though the regeneration is higher.

Last edited:
@Iryont
I don't mean OTS List, I mean the advertisement section on this forum.

It doesn't hurt to add it, just a few minutes of your time. There are people that don't even look at discussions, if they are looking for new servers to start, they go to Advertisement.

Good idea with soulbound runes, bad idea with other spell changes. It smells a lot more like new Tibia with free spells + Novus spells.

Good idea with soulbound runes, bad idea with other spell changes. It smells a lot more like new Tibia with free spells + Novus spells.
From development point it has the very sense to introduce them on Novus:
a) New players will get familiar with spells being a thing in Medivia word, so there is a possibility in being "curious" about what future brings
b) There will be less and less "I'm stuck cuz I don't have a rope on Novus" which resulted only in frustration

From development point it has the very sense to introduce them on Novus:
a) New players will get familiar with spells being a thing in Medivia word, so there is a possibility in being "curious" about what future brings
b) There will be less and less "I'm stuck cuz I don't have a rope on Novus" which resulted only in frustration
a) Seriously, how many newcomers haven't ever played Tibia? 3, 5, 10?
b) Maybe, but it takes away the feeling of classic rookgard, where you're dependent only on life regeneration. Also, I always enjoyed the dependency on your life-saving rope if you're not premium with the magic rope spell acquired. You could go a step further and add a spell for conjuring rope/shovel/machete.

I understand your arguments, but I'd prefer to keep the game as hardcore as it could be.

Medivia has left the stage of being "hardcore" a long time ago.

a) Seriously, how many newcomers haven't ever played Tibia? 3, 5, 10?
b) Maybe, but it takes away the feeling of classic rookgard, where you're dependent only on life regeneration. Also, I always enjoyed the dependency on your life-saving rope if you're not premium with the magic rope spell acquired. You could go a step further and add a spell for conjuring rope/shovel/machete.

I understand your arguments, but I'd prefer to keep the game as hardcore as it could be.
I take your point too, but I think medivia is about to quit being "Tibia" once and for all, so I guess this is why.

It's nice and all, but I must say that I am not impressed anymore with big-ass-monsters that have ton-of-health, they do oh-so-much-damage and they summon-monsters-you-wouldn't-believe.
Like, maybe it's time to introduce new monster behavior/strategics because I believe it's the only way to make it more interesting for the player to pick up.

Because if Medivia won't set the bar high, who will?

Last edited:
Totally agree with @Ochman. It's cool but unfortunately, nothing interesting is presented in the clip. :/

I would like to see some real changes in-game. It actually looks like an old tibia in HD with some new content. It got a stable server, a good od community, and an RPG climate. But imho there's a lack of unique features (game-changing features). The very last thing I saw what was interesting is soulbound system in runes. But the rest is mostly meaningless to the gameplay (or maybe after tens or hundreds of hours of gameplay I didn't found them useful). :/

Last edited:
Does someone have 7.4 sprite pack that includes outfits? The wiki one doesn't include outfits :(

Back