• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Medivia - discussion and announcement of a new world Unity

Can't wait to start the new server - will be the first OT I've played in year's and ofc it has to be the trusted Medivia brand <3

Also interested in what dlaw14 said - any hopes of a future non-pvp server? :D

Well to be honest you forgot to mention that there is just 1 level 500. And about mmm 7 level 400? You also forgot to mention that the only reason why Medivia has such levels is because it is the only OT gamelike that has lastest and provided stability over the years. I understand and respect if you are one of those loving to start a fresh server every 2 months and get reset over and over but a little bit biased opinions there.

There also something valuable to add: age average. I understand some people mmm how to say it? Are forever teenagers (I'm not saying that you are one of those) but Medivia has come to understand that the players are growing old and some things comes first, families, jobs, responsibilities. I know there is a good amount of people like me, enjoying the game but not willing to play x1 anymore or to spend 10 hours a day playing a game to do something meaningful. If you cannot see that, well I suggest you to get a productive life and try to play and ENJOY any OT putting just 2 hours a day during business day.

It is not my intention to attack you but you need to get out of that welfare bubble. We are not kids/teens anymore.

Oh sorry you are another person which think that higher exp rate makes u spent less time on server well then... i guess theres no point to even argue with u?

Oh sorry you are another person which think that higher exp rate makes u spent less time on server well then... i guess theres no point to even argue with u?

I actually spend less time in the game, enjoy it more and I'm willing to continue playing it since the x2 rates were established. That's a straight fact.

Listen snowflake, the reason why we cannot argue comes from the point that you are expressing your idea based in feelings and biased arguments. If you could bring any real facts and arguments would be cool. I really love if you could make it interesting so I will leave you again this list of real facts vs your biased crying:

1. Medivia has just 1 level 500.
2. Medivia has about 7 level 400 chars.
3. Medivia has been stable for over 7 years (which allows chars to reach higher levels compared to the rest of reset forever OTs)

Look, you are going to say; bla bla bla it is pointless to argue with you etc, based in your cheap demagogy so get a job or something instead of wasting precious life time trolling and doing nothing with a productive purpose. Take it or leave it.

I actually spend less time in the game, enjoy it more and I'm willing to continue playing it since the x2 rates were established. That's a straight fact.

Listen snowflake, the reason why we cannot argue comes from the point that you are expressing your idea based in feelings and biased arguments. If you could bring any real facts and arguments would be cool. I really love if you could make it interesting so I will leave you again this list of real facts vs your biased crying:

1. Medivia has just 1 level 500.
2. Medivia has about 7 level 400 chars.
3. Medivia has been stable for over 7 years (which allows chars to reach higher levels compared to the rest of reset forever OTs)

Look, you are going to say; bla bla bla it is pointless to argue with you etc, based in your cheap demagogy so get a job or something instead of wasting precious life time trolling and doing nothing with a productive purpose. Take it or leave it.
It takes one year on new server to reach 300lvl* oh sorry in fact its not even a year thats 11 months medivia went same way as rl tibia people take lvls fast and hit lvls which shouldnt be possible at 7.4 tibia then u can bring ur argue "its medivia not tibia" yeah but well soon people like u gonna force changes on medivia which allow people reaching 1000lvls in few years and 100lvls in just few days even if its 2x rate

In fact its nowhere close to 2x rate tasks already helps u a lot to lvl up early lvls (100-150lvl right now in medivia) then u have to add lower mana cost for runes (yeah that helps u in progression) boosted bedmages (like 10 times?) regen rate x2 also boost ur exping x2 if not even more and other "QoL" changes which favors player and help him lvling faster and easier but u dont even realise they exist

At some break point it'll be worth to simply make sds on mfs and keep hunting forever cause rune power gonna be so huge cant wait for new custom spawns seems like staff changed a bit during few years and they dont even test things before adding them to game (unless some ppl prove them its op) wanna see 100 mobs on stack specially made for these 500 mages to pg on cause we are adult people without time to play so we play 15h but wants better spawn with lvl every 5minutes

*should be faster cause its now legal to use 1 extra client

How will you fight botting? will the usual medivia bots be possible to use on this new server? will this server be like any other ot with 70% botters or do you have any special programming feature and/or plans to stop botting entierly?

Can't wait to start the new server - will be the first OT I've played in year's and ofc it has to be the trusted Medivia brand <3

Also interested in what dlaw14 said - any hopes of a future non-pvp server? :D
Let me know your name!

How will you fight botting? will the usual medivia bots be possible to use on this new server? will this server be like any other ot with 70% botters or do you have any special programming feature and/or plans to stop botting entierly?

We currently have anti-bot system that is monitoring what player is using, if he is breaking the rules he for sure will be banned.

Dear players

We have decided to open a test server with a single purpose to find as many bugs as possible before the final release of the mainland update. Please note that this is rather a test server for die hard players as it forces you to start from scratch with Pendulum like rates. In such case we would like to invite you to join us and help us with it. The test server was opened with following features:

• Rates of Pendulum world in terms of experience and skills.
  • Doubled loot rate.
  • Tripled regeneration.
  • No death penalty.
  • Every account received premium time.
  • Everyone starts from scratch on Novus.
  • Everything is finite (runes, ammunitions, fluids, and so on) just like on any normal live world.
  • Heavily restricted PVP limits.
  • Maximum 50 players online at the same time.
  • Lowered max idle time to 5 minutes.

Please keep in mind that this is not a fun server and should be taken seriously for its purpose. In case of players who do nothing in-game and they are not useful for us we will consider taking action such as banishment to allow other players to join the test server.

Also, the test server can be restarted or taken down at any moment. It is not guaranteed to be online at a specific time for that matter.

On a side note, as you may already know, the game client allows you to erase certain parts of your mini-map by context menu and "select from" along with "select to" option. You can select a rectangle from multiple floors. Once you use "Erase selection" available under the context menu it will erase all mini-map data within that rectangle.

In order to report bugs you have to use CTRL+Z option in-game.

The report will be sent to us with a position of your character and it should be relatively easy to use rather than using a forum for the same purpose. Please report grammar and other mistakes within NPCs using that way as well.

Anyway, in case of players with a lot of bug reports or with a critical bug report we will definitely consider some sort of reward :)

How to log into the test server:

1. Use your credentials in the state as of before server save of 07.02.2020 (snapshot for the test server was taken during that day).
2. Download a client from a link provided at the bottom of this post and run it.
3. Go to Options and check "Show test server login option" available under "Game" tab.
4. Type your credentials and select "Test server" under "Remember password".
5. Choose the character and log in.

You won't be able to login into a Live world with this game client, so there is no need to worry about possible mistakes.

The game client was marked as version 4.00 (with a version labeling change from X.X.X to X.XX). The game client was heavily reworked in general and among many improvements it does include following changes:

- The architecture of the game client is now 64-bit only.

- Major overhaul of all rendering engines including two heavily optimized software renderers (SDL2 -> Software and Blend2D).

Please note that in the beta version of 3.1.0 the SDL2 -> Software renderer was not optimized which in our test case resulted in about 9-10 fps in game. However, that has changed with 4.00 and now on our test computer the renderer is able to achieve 100 fps without issues.

- The game client does now fully utilize TrueType fonts instead of outdated bitmap fonts. In fact, all previously used bitmap fonts in the game client were fully replaced by anti-aliased TrueType fonts.

- Specific reworks in text rendering for optimized drawing of font glyphs.

- Collapse of multiple executables (D3D & OGL) into one main one with selectable rendering engine.

- Lagless walking fixes compared to beta of 3.1.0.

- OpenGL 1 & 2 rendering engines were collapsed into OpenGL as the the game client will choose OpenGL backend on its own depending on the underlying hardware.

Graphics options:

gjGN4vx.png

95prqoW.png

Please note the software renderers are very much useful in workstations where you are restricted from using or unable to use GPU accelerated rendering.

However, if you find yourself in a situation where you do not get many fps with hardware renderers in general (OpenGL, DirectX or SDL2) you might want to try a software renderer to see if you can get a better gaming experience (Blend2D or SDL2 -> Software).

On a side note, I would very much appreciate if you could play on any new renderer (either SDL2 with any backend you feel is comfortable or Blend2D).

You can download the game client using the following link:

https://medivia.online/uploads/downloads/Medivia-4.00-alpha.zip

As this might be a milestone in Medivia development I thought it's worth sharing that we are currently working on enlarging Medivia sprites using specified AI to switch the game from 32x32 to 64x64 sprites in general. However, for the time being it would be option to choose from (whether the game should load 32x32 or 64x64 sprites). The basic idea of AI enlargement of sprites has been shown on otland.net a few years ago, but without much improvements until now as we did put it into actual game. The following images were captured from the game client itself with comparison of the old game client (32x32 sprites) vs the new game client (64x64 sprites):

tYrFAGE.png

\/​
FECkJXI.png

SwSwfuG.png

\/​
pgcQhrA.png

sIREzRw.png

\/​
gKp0Kfv.png

LlHm7lf.png

\/​
GuYvjfZ.png

dwCusAR.png

\/​
W8Y3JLv.png

8wAb5Qs.png

\/​
LzYRZ9D.png

ONS9zCv.png

\/​
wbtlWYK.png

TpcsrNp.png

\/​
Wi8UVSg.png

89oZpto.png

\/​
K2uIrXy.png

3ueXg4p.png

\/​
LcVn17z.png

6nvQWBQ.png

\/​
fGYx7j6.png

5d0h4FR.png

\/​
Qn7ZC0H.png

There are still a lot of issues and glitches for us to fix and work on, but we will definitely keep improving it to move Medivia forward with new HD look at the game itself.

Let us know what you think.

As this might be a milestone in Medivia development I thought it's worth sharing that we are currently working on enlarging Medivia sprites using specified AI to switch the game from 32x32 to 64x64 sprites in general. However, for the time being it would be option to choose from (whether the game should load 32x32 or 64x64 sprites). The basic idea of AI enlargement of sprites has been shown on otland.net a few years ago, but without much improvements until now as we did put it into actual game. The following images were captured from the game client itself with comparison of the old game client (32x32 sprites) vs the new game client (64x64 sprites):

tYrFAGE.png

\/​
FECkJXI.png

SwSwfuG.png

\/​
pgcQhrA.png

sIREzRw.png

\/​
gKp0Kfv.png

LlHm7lf.png

\/​
GuYvjfZ.png

dwCusAR.png

\/​
W8Y3JLv.png

8wAb5Qs.png

\/​
LzYRZ9D.png

ONS9zCv.png

\/​
wbtlWYK.png

TpcsrNp.png

\/​
Wi8UVSg.png

89oZpto.png

\/​
K2uIrXy.png

3ueXg4p.png

\/​
LcVn17z.png

6nvQWBQ.png

\/​
fGYx7j6.png

5d0h4FR.png

\/​
Qn7ZC0H.png

There are still a lot of issues and glitches for us to fix and work on, but we will definitely keep improving it to move Medivia forward with new HD look at the game itself.

Let us know what you think.

Woah, looks crisp.

Hopefully with this graphical update you guys can also take the time to retouch some of the sprites that are often criticized and "force" many of us to opt for the classic graphics pack (mostly some outfits... IE citizen outfit looks terrible, but that elf outfit in your screenshots looks pretty good)

Will this elf outfit with a staff be available in-game?

It is likely, indeed.

Hopefully with this graphical update you guys can also take the time to retouch some of the sprites that are often criticized and "force" many of us to opt for the classic graphics pack (mostly some outfits... IE citizen outfit looks terrible, but that elf outfit in your screenshots looks pretty good)

I believe @Saphron is in general quite flexible about re-working certain sprites when he feels they weren't made good enough. In fact, he does that from time to time to improve his previous work ;)

This enlarging Medivia sprites looks artistic, it fits that game very well. Add it! :D

It certainly does ;) A few minutes ago I did post a new teaser on our Facebook and Discord:

Kom8NM8.png

IAEQZjh.png

Ccz8DLR.png

Xlgpmoi.png

I do expect it to be available in a few weeks on the test server and in general it will be released along with the mainland major overhaul (which is expected to happen within a few months top).

Dev-2-dev, I'm curious:

I'm presuming this is waifu, or in the same family. Did you train your own model or use the defaults? I've been thinking about grabbing as many free RPG Maker and similar type sprite sets/packs as I can get my hands on off the web and using that as a training set, so I can do an upscale job on the standard tibia.spr as a free community resource.

I'm asking because I'm curious if before/after training was significantly different? This idea will be the first time I've used a neural net upscale en masse.

It's not really, just based on the same idea. The code was created from scratch using PyTorch C++ API with custom trained model to fit Medivia style. We actually had bunch of differently trained models to test how it will look like, but it turned out that sometimes over-trained models on the same set are simply worse.

That being the case I can tell you one thing, it won't work if you decide to upscale Tibia.spr for that matter. All sprites will be heavily misaligned towards each other. Objects are assembled from set of sprites and they need to be enlarged together, not separately. Another issue are combined objects (e.g. borders) or the ones which build up a bigger set of objects (tables, walls, and so on). Enlarging sprites using AI is the easiest way and it isn't demanding, but making it look good and properly aligned is another story which is actually the hard part in all of this.

Back