• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Medivia Lighting Effects

Aoxomoxoa

Dev
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
TheAoxomoxoa
Hello,

I have been away from the OT community for several years and got back into playing them while starting on Medivia with my cousin.

The first thing I've noticed about their server that still to this day is my favorite thing is their lighting effects. When it's night time or you're in a cave with no light at all, your screen is nearly entirely black. It made the game world feel vastly more immersive.

I'm wondering if this is possible to do within TFS currently, or if it is a custom implementation directly within their game client.

I'm not asking for someone to build this, as it seems extremely complex. I'm just wondering if anyone has any information regarding this type of implementation into the game.

Thanks,
Aoxomoxoa

Solution
I see you are referring to the spot light of your own character. That is client side property only and it has nothing to do with the server. Editing it in the Tibia client might be more challenging than it is worth, but you can always change the lighting behavior of your own character in the OTClient:

Here is the difference I'm seeing. The ring of light around the character on the left, which is a server hosted on TFS 1.3, is slightly larger than the one on Medivia, which is pictured on the right.

I also noticed something else, that the viewport was slightly zoomed out in Medivia vs TFS. Is there any reason that could be the reasoning behind the ring appearing larger in TFS?

Lighting.PNG

I see you are referring to the spot light of your own character. That is client side property only and it has nothing to do with the server. Editing it in the Tibia client might be more challenging than it is worth, but you can always change the lighting behavior of your own character in the OTClient:

Solution

This is what I ended up doing. I managed to change the lighting within the source of OTClient. The ring lighting around the character was set to 3. I set it to 1 and realized it darkened the character nameplate too much. 2 ended up being the value that I went with. However, Medivias lighting seemed to be at 1, and they had the nameplates draw over the darkness, in case anyone was interested.

Back