• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MEDIVIA - update what u think

DzonyZony

Reaction score
am i the only one here who thinks medivia fcked their game up with this update ? u no longer fell nostalgia and more to that the graphics look well.... not to good anyway

lookin forward for some old version 1-2x lowrate any1 else? cause medivia is unplayable for me now - just want to know if some1 thinks the same

yes man! ITS TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE! omg MAN! they changed graphics yeah man its totally unplayable omfg.. yes i can no longer play it man. totally unplayable because they changed sprites.

no dog stop crying its fukcing fine mmkay

Probably lots of people think the game is ruined, but I loved the update.
Created a new char last week (last time I played was last year around July~).
I think it's great that they r getting their own identity as a whole game, in fact, I can't wait to see how the map's gonna look when they change all mainland.
For me, I don't really care about nostalgia of 7.4 or whatever, I just want something original and fun to play, and Medivia absolutely has it.

Better start to learn adapt I know its hard to go out from your comfort zone at first but trust me its worth it

All the gameplay formulas, functions and style is based on 7.4 and people are crying cuz they changed sprites from original ones to fully custom and that's all? Or with the changes on making runes? Why is not playable anymore?
I didn't notice an HARD "arrow to down" in online counter. Everything is fine at this server idk why people cry cuz of "little remake" on premium cities and full on sprites. Remake's on 7.4/retro servers are needed cuz players on old original map have small amount of experience places, etc. so gameplay can get boring as f*ck if author of any oldschool server don't keep in mind that adding custom features and ex. monsters for high levels, custom spawns - experience places are needed and it's good way because gameplay may be bored as hell without implementing such things above.

I noticed they changed the names of vocations, anyone has a list of what the new names is and which they replaced?

I noticed they changed the names of vocations, anyone has a list of what the new names is and which they replaced?

Just simply ex. Master Sorcerer is now Archmage, Elder Druid is Priest/Cleric, Knight idk, Royal Paladin is Ranger

They just changed names and you guys are frustrated XD

Just simply ex. Master Sorcerer is now Archmage, Elder Druid is Priest/Cleric, Knight idk, Royal Paladin is Ranger

I'm not frustrated, I don't even play the game anymore. I just noticed they changed names.

Thanks for the answer though!

i Think Druids have the same name only sorcerers/knights/paladins changed ^^

Well,
Cleric becomes Druid//Sorcerer > Archmage//Warrior > Knight//Scout > Ranger
That's the new names of vocations and their promotions ingame.

I like the new magic wall sprite. If only they could match the pattern for adjacent magic walls. :rolleyes:

Edit: Also, I've seen it mentioned that Tibia "borrowed" sprites from Ultima Online as a justification for keeping Tibia sprites. While that is true, it should be noted that Tibia used those for only 3 years and had replaced them over a year before they went commercial.

Medivia is way past that point and has been commercial for it's entire existence.

Last edited:
I actually quit playing shortly after update, i had been playing pretty often over a year. I was not mad with the update, i think it was really cool, i love most of the new creature sprites. I just can't stand the new equipment and backpacks. I find that low level weapons/items look a lot better than rare set. It wasn't for me like "OH GOD THE UPDATE SUCKS I QUIT", i just found myself logging on less and less during the month after update till my premium ran out. I might play again, who knows, its just that weather is getting warmer and warmer and other things to do irl :p

so people tried to find a perfect anti-bot system and you are telling me that all they had to do was to change sprites? genius!

so people tried to find a perfect anti-bot system and you are telling me that all they had to do was to change sprites? genius!

If you change around the item files then bots need to be updated.

I think the servers drastically dropping in player count speaks for itself.

@Worr Really? I had no idea there were so many botters on a server with GMs constantly looking for botters, but you are right, there were probably lots of botters.

@dizztah I would also change the subject if I made a personal insult that completely missed because I directed it to the wrong person. :rolleyes:

The update ruined Medivia. Game will slowly die if nothing changes to what it were before.

imagine if medivia still had old school graphic how many players they would have xD like 2000 on every server

Back