• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • New resources must be posted under Resources tab. A discussion thread will be created automatically, you can't open threads manually anymore.

[Mod] Random Item Stats

can you even use speed with doItemSetAttribute? I dont think so

veri najs
ht1.jpg
jh88.jpg
test.jpg
huang10

@Cykotitan
Help me... i am testing it and no receive console errors... but my monster doesn't loot nothing...
rats, dragons, rotworms, monster with no bag on loot!! not give me anything!!
TFS 0.4_DEV
NOTE: It doesn't send loot message

EDIT: 100% Working...

How to make the item received in quest could be epic... legendary or rare? thx

Last edited:
@Cykotitan
Help me... i am testing it and no receive console errors... but my monster doesn't loot nothing...
rats, dragons, rotworms, monster with no bag on loot!! not give me anything!!
TFS 0.4_DEV
NOTE: It doesn't send loot message

EDIT: 100% Working...

How to make the item received in quest could be epic... legendary or rare? thx

You are not able to ask for help, for this version on normal forum.

I just wanna know how to make it for a quest.. i solved the problem myself

absorbPercent<insert type here> can't be dynamically set, so you have to move it from items.cpp (ItemType) to item.cpp/itemattributes.cpp (ItemAttributes)

I am not sure, But i think this:
extra_loot_key = 123 --: optional storage for higher loot rate
interferes with my lootrate in config.xml
If there's somewhere this mod makes my lootrate different, Can you tell me where? I need to set it to "1" so the loot is droped as my configuration earlier.. I am currently totaly confused with my boss monster drops.. Some drops are skyhigh and others seem to have dissapeared..

- - - Updated - - -

edit: I may have changed the lootrate since I configured the drops in the bosses, but still, what does 123 mean? and optional storage for higher loot rate means?

- - - Updated - - -

edit2: no, this mod is absolutely changing my lootrate..

Last edited:
are you sure? it's only changing it if your players have storage key 123 set.
otherwise you could be experiencing that issue with items in container not being dropped, try to verify

Cykotitan, you're too good at Lua to be sitting around helping newbies all day. :mad: That's all I've seen you do over the years.

I'm not saying, "stop helping", but make a server or something!

Cykotitan, you're too good at Lua to be sitting around helping newbies all day. :mad: That's all I've seen you do over the years.

I'm not saying, "stop helping", but make a server or something!
That's not possible, he feeds off of supporting people. We need meat and he needs to help people!

Hey ive had my server on for a couple of weeks, i still havnt seen anyone with any of the rare/epic/legendary or any other items, my loot rate is set on 2, Does it have to do with that?

Thx for help me televolt, but that still not what i need ;S
i have other upg system, and that isnt working what i want (i have 3 items to upg, one can upg to lv3, second to lv 6, and third to lvl 11). When i try do that with mock system, isnt working :S
So i need changes for my script :(
Wklej.to - po prostu wklej to! - paste: YX0Iu

Someone can help?

What your asking is not exactly trivial, it would take extensive additions of code to make the two systems interactive with each other. That or an inelegant hack that could possibly break in the future if you tried to add additional features that alter item names. But since the later seems to be what you desire...

The relevant code in Azi's system is this line.
local getItem = getItemInfo(itemEx.itemid) ;

The is getting the the item info by the itemid... ie the generic name (as if you looked at the item as a god and just spawned another by it's itemid) not the current name of the specific item in question. What you'd need to use is getItemAttribute(itemEx.uid, "name") ; however that would return something like, from my server my current weapon on my 'God+Player' char is "immortal archers crossbow [+25]" I imagine you'll have similar strings to deal with. You'll either need to trim the previous "[+25]", or your equiv, part off before applying the new one, or a more elegant solution would be a regular expression search/replace of tho old one for the new one, This would maintain the previously altered name.

Looking at the code for Azi's system, the stock method doesn't enclose the +num in anything, so it could be as simple as trimming 2 + number of digits off the end (ie +1 - +9 would be 3 and +10 - +99 would be 4, one for the space, one for the + and one or two for the number.)

so add the following, the first and last lines preexisting in the code:
Code:
        local level = upgrading.getLevel(itemEx.uid) ; 
        do 
            getItem.name = getItemAttribute(itemEx.uid, "name") ; 
            local nameLength = string.len(getItem.name) ; 
            local trim = 3 ; 
            if level >= 10 then ( trim = trim + 1 ) ; end ; 
            if level >= 100 then ( trim = trim + 1 ) ; end ; 
            getItem.name = string.sub(getItem.name, 1, ( nameLength - trim )) ; 
        end ; 

if (level < #conf["level"]) then

Last edited:
I'm using 0.4 rev 3777 and even when my monsterlootmessage = 0 it's displaying loot as '01:04 Loot of a rat: nothing' even though there is loot in the bodies..

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Justin~

I am having the same issue, not sure what to change to make it work correctly. Anyone!

is it sending the description too fast for the server to execute loot code? :p try increasing this from 0 to 50
Code:
addEvent(dropLoot, [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]0[/B][/COLOR], getThingPos(target), v, s == -1 and rate or s, getCreatureMaster(target), cid, target)

LooooooL, it's work fine for me, i use TFS 0.3.6 and it.work, all people saying it does'nt work?

Back