• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Mod] Random Item Stats

Sorry Cyko,my fault. I killed Orshabaal and I had this error because I have another script with this monster ;s It work now fine :D REP

Sorry Cyko,my fault. I killed Orshabaal and I had this error because I have another script with this monster ;s It work now fine :D REP

ehhe lolz also make ur loot message in config = 0 to avoid 2 messages it's already built in the mod ;p

why the hell in mod? ;f
you know, mods are bad for many reasons, deleting mod support is one of my TODO for my lil project cause its plain useless for me

anyway, were you hell bored or something? I have bad day or this code is just wtf, I can understand it but I'd probably give up "a bit" earlier

(btw, making that lock to not use the same attr again... It would be hard to put proper name but withoiut names sometimes its better to get sword with double boosted attack without anything else right?)

Last edited:
@zakius:
It's easier to install scripts with mods for newbies, just put one file instead of many files + .xml entries. As far as I remember he was perfecting this script in any free time for weeks :p.

anyway, it looks good and probably also works good but lua way is too limited
(fe that range, also everything from itemType.abilities, weight is always loaded from itemype so needs souce edit anyway, but possible that I'll try using combo of both ways cause I'm more fammiliar with lua arrays based config somehow)

why the hell in mod? ;f
you know, mods are bad for many reasons, deleting mod support is one of my TODO for my lil project cause its plain useless for me

anyway, were you hell bored or something? I have bad day or this code is just wtf, I can understand it but I'd probably give up "a bit" earlier

(btw, making that lock to not use the same attr again... It would be hard to put proper name but withoiut names sometimes its better to get sword with double boosted attack without anything else right?)

Why are mods bad? 0.o

bit harder to edit(copy to clean lua file all main code at least, edit, paste to mod again... just stupid, good for ready module but for noting more
and if while coding and testing I ahve to register normal why what is the reason to put effort to convert?

Sometimes the prey does not appear like it should, that is, kill the monster, shows the information about the items, but in the body are quite different objects.

Let's talk about script. I can't loot any items like DSM RH. ;o Others items yes I can loot like Dragon Hams.

Let's talk about script. I can't loot any items like DSM RH. ;o Others items yes I can loot like Dragon Hams.

Hmm, yeah. Some items like DSM and RH never drops when using this script ;f

EDIT:

item that requires levels & vocations doesn't seem to drop

Last edited:
Loot of a dragon lord: a bag, red dragon leather, a green mushroom, 10 power bolts, 5 burst arrows, a royal spear, a dragon scale mail, an epic royal helmet, a broadsword, a book, a golden mug, dragon ham, 10 gold coins, a red dragon scale, a dragon lance, a dragon slayer, a fortified tower shield, 2 small sapphires, a fire sword, a small emerald, 4 gold coins

Code:
		<item id="2498" chance="588"/> <!-- royal helmet -->
		<item id="2492" chance="333"/> <!-- dragon scale mail -->

(i set my loot rate to 1000x for testing purposes)

later on..
Loot of a dragon lord: a bag, a strong royal helmet, dragon ham, 91 gold coins, 50 gold coins
Loot of a dragon lord: a bag, an epic dragon scale mail, dragon ham, 4 gold coins, 2 small sapphires, 74 gold coins

yeah, I tested again and my bad, it was items inside bags that didn't drop.

Code:
	<loot>
    <item id="2148" countmax="100" chance="33500" /><!-- gold coin -->
    <item id="2148" countmax="100" chance="33500" /><!-- gold coin -->
    <item id="2148" countmax="45" chance="33500" /><!-- gold coin -->
    <item id="2672" chance="75725" /><!-- dragon ham -->
    <item id="2796" chance="12500" /><!-- green mushroom -->
    <item id="2146" chance="5475" /><!-- small sapphire -->
    <item id="5882" countmax="3" chance="2550" /><!-- red dragon scale -->
    <item id="2547" countmax="7" chance="4250" /><!-- power bolt -->
    <item id="2167" chance="5600" /><!-- energy ring -->
    <item id="7402" chance="600" /><!-- dragon slayer -->
    <item id="7378" countmax="3" chance="6550" /><!-- royal spear -->
    <item id="1976" chance="9400" /><!-- book -->
    <item id="2033" chance="3500" /><!-- golden mug -->
    <item id="2492" chance="60000000" /><!-- dragon scale mail -->
    <item id="1987" chance="100000"><!-- bag -->
        <inside>
    <item id="2492" chance="60000000" /><!-- dragon scale mail -->
            <item id="2177" chance="1075" /><!-- life crystal -->
            <item id="2498" chance="725" /><!-- royal helmet -->
            <item id="2528" chance="800" /><!-- tower shield -->
            <item id="7588" chance="1400" /><!-- strong health potion -->
            <item id="5948" chance="1500" /><!-- red dragon leather -->
            <item id="2392" chance="850" /><!-- fire sword -->
            <item id="2479" chance="925" /><!-- strange helmet -->
            <item id="7399" chance="575" /><!-- dragon lord trophy -->
        </inside>
    </item>

Every single DL drops DSM in the corpse but the bag is ALWAYS empty.

Possible to fix?, or should I find another monster package that doesn't have all items in the bags =_=

edit:
my monsters seems to be really badd, is there any good monster package out there?

bit harder to edit(copy to clean lua file all main code at least, edit, paste to mod again... just stupid, good for ready module but for noting more
and if while coding and testing I ahve to register normal why what is the reason to put effort to convert?

I think I've stated this before....

Mod's are fucking awesome... for production ready implementations. If it's(the code) not production ready... don't convert it. If you want to modify it, debug it or expand it, break it down into regular files again and use Decoda.

anyway, it looks good and probably also works good but lua way is too limited

The Lua programming language is a small scripting language specifically designed to be embedded in other programs. Lua's C API allows exceptionally clean and simple code both to call Lua from C, and to call C from Lua. This allows developers who want a convenient runtime scripting language to easily implement the basic API elements needed by the scripting language, then use Lua code from their applications. This article introduces the Lua language as a possible tool for simplifying common development tasks, and discusses some of the reasons to embed a scripting language in the first place.
Embed Lua for scriptable apps

Lua is as powerful as your desire to write an extensive API.

Guys, i have added the mod to the server, the console doesn't give any error but in-game it doesn't work, it just doesn't drop items with attributes! :S Im using tfs 0.2.1 (8.7) its that the cause?

Wow, first release? o_O Wouldn't guess that with your 15,000 posts :p

But well done I guess xD

Back