• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Moderaters giving out IP numbers? What the FUCK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevalopo

Demigod
Reaction score
Hi. A moderater just gave out my ip to a random server owner and then banned both me and my brother. OTLand mods what the fuck are u doing? that is private shit i would also like to know WHO gave out my IP. This is serious and makes me want to leave otland when mods are just throwing all my info to whoever wants it.

If they had a legal justification (with police involved), then yes, they should do this.
There are no reasons otherwise. Until more information comes out, I have no say.

Its just bullshit that mods can see my ip and possibly accnr/pass And then after that give it out to whomever they like. (Also no, There was no police involved or anything that was illegal.)

Where is the proof...?

While I don't agree with what the moderator did (assuming your accusation is true), I assume he or she had a valid reason for doing so. However, moderators should not be giving out information about members to anyone outside of OTLand.

And some proof would be nice.

Proof would be checking Fribbens pms if it went down over otland or if you could see how latest checked my ip. Altho i figured out he knew my ip from otland when all of the characters from my ip got deleted after a flamewar at otland. My profile at otland had no connections to the server and no name had been mentioned. Obviously got my ip from here (its the only logic way) and then banned/deleted the chars.

you can easily get IP's through skype, maybe that's how?

<talkaction log="yes" words="/mc" access="3" event="script" value="multicheck.lua"/>
this command may consider you and your brother as mc if you are using router
it can also ip-ban you both, you may bypass it using proxy if he didn't ban your acc

would be nice if you could provide more details about how it all happend

Proof?! All I see is empty words..

There is no conclusive proof unless he has a private pm conversation asking for the ip in otland.

So no proofs at all.. You should maybe change the title.

It sounds like you just assumed that your connection from otland and this server was found out because a moderator gave out your IP.

Though there are many ways to find out who a person is if you really want to, without help from anyone.

Pretty sure Talaturen will check for pm's regarding this.

There is no need anymore for this thread as it will increase flames and amount of BS.

Maybe we all should stay out of complaint threads because they don't really concern us, it's between the OP and otlands staff.

It sounds like you just assumed that your connection from otland and this server was found out because a moderator gave out your IP.

Though there are many ways to find out who a person is if you really want to, without help from anyone.

This is what im talking about :p And are there really? I think the only way for people to find out a ip through otland is from moderator access

There is no conclusive proof unless he has a private pm conversation asking for the ip in otland.
So you don't have any proof. And you don't have any private conversation to quote. It looks stupid now.

He doesnt have me on skype :/ But yes now that u meantion it is possible to use a skype resolver to find out my ip on skype even if he is not on my friendlist.

You have your skype ID accessible via OtLand, it's possible to obtain IP addresses this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back