• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Moderators = Deans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collz

Pandas Go RAWR!!!
Reaction score
I think that it's super retarded to not allow people to have heavy discussions. Everytime we discuss stuff on the forum, and it contains like 1 curse the whole entire discussion gets deleted and we get infracted. We should be allowed to go into flame wars, under the circumstances that we are discussing a topic and not just flaming for no apparent reason. When people discuss things, our views may not be the same, and we might collide at times, but it dies out and like days later our posts are deleted and we are infracted T_T. Let us speak our damn minds, this isn't Elementary School. You (the moderators) aren't walking around with giant rulers waiting to give out detention slips. We are all GROWN, and INDEPENDENT. My mother doesn't censor when I curse, so why should you?!?! :D

If your going to delete the post because of insults or something, at least just edit the damn post and remove the insult, instead of deleting all of the posts. Or are you guys just too lazy to do that? Maybe a edit and a warning would do the trick :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I undestand the point because in 90% of the case the topic runs totally out of topic (with good help from etc Cykotitan, Barker etc). Diskusjon.no and other "serious" boards have sorta the same policy. If you want to discuss you can do it without cursing and running out of line I believe it's fine.

Simple, OTLand moderators are too ignorant to understand the basic concept of the ignorant population that is now. Their mother's den hiding doesn't have them experience the world.

Do you really think this post will change anything? I'd like to point out many circumstances that was posted here and refuted. Also, another case at OTFans with Henrik.

It won't change anything, enough is said.

Just stop with insulting, so we can spend our time on something more important...

Insulting is just disrespectful and immature and sometimes starts a fight/flamewar deleting these posts prevents this sort of things.

Last edited:
Just stop with insulting, so we can spend our time on something more important...

Insulting is just disrespectful and immature and sometimes starts a fight/flamewar deleting these posts prevents this sort of things.
The insults help better our side of the discussion, and in raging moments it just comes out unexpectedly. It's not like I'm sending death threads to you through the mail. Or hacking your precious computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF you would use a good and appropriate language instead of cursing and swearing all the time, your posts/threads would most likely last. Then we also have rediculous discussions wich doesn't even have one related word to the topic itself, do you want us to ignore that and just let you guys go offtopic whenever you want? No, exactly. That's why we have rules. Although knowing how to discuss in a proper way (without cursing/swearing) is more common sense.

IF you would use a good and appropriate language instead of cursing and swearing all the time, your posts/threads would most likely last. Then we also have rediculous discussions wich doesn't even have one related word to the topic itself, do you want us to ignore that and just let you guys go offtopic whenever you want? No, exactly. That's why we have rules. Although knowing how to discuss in a proper way (without cursing/swearing) is more common sense.
Woah buddy, your sadly mistaken. I'm speaking for myself and myself only now. I rarely curse throughout the forums and if I want to I'll do so like I said I'm Grown, and we shouldn't be censored. Also, the posts mine that were deleted was very much related to the topic, but you moderators fail to realize that and just wanna go trigger happy and delete post and infract, don't know maybe to you guys its like rep++. Don't direct comments like that to me, because I'm not the one that derails threads. Your rules are not vivid enough, therefore until the rules are elaborated more into a detailed manor, maybe would be the time when I stop cursing on the forums.

Well, I undestand the point because in 90% of the case the topic runs totally out of topic (with good help from etc Cykotitan, Barker etc). Diskusjon.no and other "serious" boards have sorta the same policy. If you want to discuss you can do it without cursing and running out of line I believe it's fine.

Why me? :( I dont make topics run out of topic..

Last edited:
Do you really think you will be taken seriously if you insult? Insulting someone for having a different opinion means you are incapable of supplying any argument against his words, thus make you looking like an idiot who can't support his opinion. Insulting will not be tolerated, we are civilized and we can speak in a calm and friendly manner.

are you serious? barker! ROFL

ah and why do you delete my post?

Use your brain and you will find out the reason. Let me give you a hint, it's the bold part of the message you quoted.

Woah buddy, your sadly mistaken. I'm speaking for myself and myself only now. I rarely curse throughout the forums and if I want to I'll do so like I said I'm Grown, and we shouldn't be censored. Also, the posts mine that were deleted was very much related to the topic, but you moderators fail to realize that and just wanna go trigger happy and delete post and infract, don't know maybe to you guys its like rep++. Don't direct comments like that to me, because I'm not the one that derails threads. Your rules are not vivid enough, therefore until the rules are elaborated more into a detailed manor, maybe would be the time when I stop cursing on the forums.

Aham, so this complaint is only about you?
However, I actually did refer at you in my post. Those posts i have deleted wich have been posted by you (in flamewars) have contained insults & curses. Insulting other members is not the right way to carry a discussion, it will just cause more flame and insults and that is what we are trying to avoid, right? I don't think that you have any problems with understanding this since you are a grown.

Do you really think you will be taken seriously if you insult? Insulting someone for having a different opinion means you are incapable of supplying any argument against his words, thus make you looking like an idiot who can't support his opinion. Insulting will not be tolerated, we are civilized and we can speak in a calm and friendly manner.

Use your brain and you will find out the reason. Let me give you a hint, it's the bold part of the message you quoted.

did I insulte someone? can't you read? you should use your brain sometimes wtf

rofl.

the posts mine that were deleted was very much related to the topic..

Since you started to talk about yourself, that post that got deleted was actually off-topic and you were insulting somebody directly, I don't care so much if it isn't so much off-topic, but the insult made my decision to check your profile for previous warnings, where you have one for insulting (otherwise I only would give you warning).

And no matter in which way the rules are written or "elaborated", insults will always be deleted. So I advice you to follow the rules and you won't hear from us anymore.

I found this pretty funny, let me quote you :p

Insulting will not be tolerated, we are civilized and we can speak in a calm and friendly manner.

Yes indeed, everybody probably says that even myself, although I do know sometimes I say 'bad' things. Another quote:

You're insulting indirectly. The short lines you made there basicly means the guy you're talking to is:
- an idiot which can't even find out why you bolded a part of a quote

Now, you just said we should be civilised & such, & then in the same post you start 'flaming' another guy? That's just not okay.

Also Hawar's post got deleted, which I found pretty funny as he only wrote 'I agree :p'.

Also Hawar's post got deleted, which I found pretty funny as he only wrote 'I agree :p'.

Exactly, what's the point to say that? >.> If he told why he agrees then it wouldn't be deleted.

Exactly, what's the point to say that? >.> If he told why he agrees then it wouldn't be deleted.

He stated his opinion, that fits 100% in here, because obviously nothing is going to be changed if one guy says something, but if more guys states their opinions, then the chance that something might be changed is bigger. There was absolutely no reason to delete his post.

my personal bodyguard hahahaha <3

This post could get deleted (yours), but the other had no reason to be deleted.

He stated his opinion, that fits 100% in here, because obviously nothing is going to be changed if one guy says something, but if more guys states their opinions, then the chance that something might be changed is bigger. There was absolutely no reason to delete his post.

I kinda agree with Xenios here.. if a person stated something, its kinda waste for someone to simply post that he agrees and not include something else :p

I kinda agree with Xenios here.. if a person stated something, its kinda waste for someone to simply post that he agrees and not include something else :p

So if I have a suggestion which you like, then you're not allowed to say "Yes I agree" or "Yes good idea" or "Yes I like it!"? According to him unless you give an explanation why, then you're not allowed to post any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.