• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Moderators = Deans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collz

Pandas Go RAWR!!!
Reaction score
I think that it's super retarded to not allow people to have heavy discussions. Everytime we discuss stuff on the forum, and it contains like 1 curse the whole entire discussion gets deleted and we get infracted. We should be allowed to go into flame wars, under the circumstances that we are discussing a topic and not just flaming for no apparent reason. When people discuss things, our views may not be the same, and we might collide at times, but it dies out and like days later our posts are deleted and we are infracted T_T. Let us speak our damn minds, this isn't Elementary School. You (the moderators) aren't walking around with giant rulers waiting to give out detention slips. We are all GROWN, and INDEPENDENT. My mother doesn't censor when I curse, so why should you?!?! :D

If your going to delete the post because of insults or something, at least just edit the damn post and remove the insult, instead of deleting all of the posts. Or are you guys just too lazy to do that? Maybe a edit and a warning would do the trick :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A poll would be suited more.

But this topic doesn't have a poll, so the only way to 'vote' would be by stating their opinions.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I'm just pointed out the obvious.

He stated his opinion, that fits 100% in here, because obviously nothing is going to be changed if one guy says something, but if more guys states their opinions, then the chance that something might be changed is bigger. There was absolutely no reason to delete his post.

2 words post is more likely spam?

But this topic doesn't have a poll, so the only way to 'vote' would be by stating their opinions.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I'm just pointed out the obvious.

You are trying to show that you are better & smarter than the mods right now.
Xenios.. probably the best mod in otland, is trying his best to keep forum clean, but by you commenting everything makes it harder,,
Ok he or some mod deleted hawars post, was there any information in the post that was important ? that everyone should know about? As far as I am concerned, feedback is for mods or talaturen to answer.. its not a poll thread or am I wrong?

edit: typo x)

I kinda agree with Xenios here.. if a person stated something, its kinda waste for someone to simply post that he agrees and not include something else :p

It's not waste to say that you agree with someone, it means that the person that agree is standing up for the other person. As cake said, the moderator deleted the wrong post. If so, all the Suggestion threads should be cleaned aswell, since 60% of the post is just "signed", and nothing else. The problem is that the thread makers doesnt make any polls as Xenios said.

He stated his opinion, that fits 100% in here, because obviously nothing is going to be changed if one guy says something, but if more guys states their opinions, then the chance that something might be changed is bigger. There was absolutely no reason to delete his post.

It would be exactly the same as typing "+1" that is a statement wich shows my opinion as well, but it is still not a reason why i agree with op.
The froums is pretty much only made for discussions, posting "I agree" in every single thread without expressing your opinion doesn't really bring much to a further discussion.

'Signed' is commonly used for suggestion. Is that spam aswell then?

It's a huge difference between a complaint and a suggestion. If you are complaining on something you have to be ready explaining why.

Last edited:
Xenios.. probably the best mod in otland, is trying his best to keep forum clean, but by you commenting everything makes it harder,,
Ok he or some mod deleted hawars post, was there any information in the post that was important ? that everyone should know about? As far as I am concerned, feedback is for mods or talaturen to answer.. its not a poll thread or am I wrong?

First of all, no I'm not trying to show that I'm smarter than the mods.
Secondly, I don't know if Xenios deleted his post, all I'm saying is that it wasn't correct doing it, considering this is the feedback board.
The information inside his post was his agreement of the author. Which is important again since it's the feedback board. If they don't want feedback (positive/negative) then they shouldn't have made this board.

You're right, it's not a poll, it's a complaint, where another user (Hawar) had the same problem.

2 words post is more likely spam?

It's not waste to say that you agree with someone, it means that the person that agree is standing up for the other person. As cake said, the moderator deleted the wrong post. If so, all the Suggestion threads should be cleaned aswell, since 60% of the post is just "signed", and nothing else. The problem is that the thread makers doesnt make any polls as Xenios said.

Exactly.

It would be exactly the same as typing "+1" that is a statement wich shows my opinion as well, but it is still not a reason why i agree with op.
The froums is pretty much only made for discussions, posting "I agree" in every single thread without expressing your opinion doesn't really bring much to a further discussion.

Once you type 'I agree', you mean the same as the author did. IE. more than one person has this suggestion/complaint, & want something done about it.

Secondly, I don't know if Xenios deleted his post, all I'm saying is that it wasn't correct doing it, considering this is the feedback board.
The information inside his post was his agreement of the author. Which is important again since it's the feedback board. If they don't want feedback (positive/negative) then they shouldn't have made this board.

You're right, it's not a poll, it's a complaint, where another user (Hawar) had the same problem.

Its not fit to be here if its supposed to be a discussion where everyone saying "I got this problem".. Move it to discussion board and let mods & normal members discuss the matter, its not relaly relevant to even post it at feedback at the first place since a thread like this iwll end up like now.. discussions, off topics, exactly what teh thread was describing XD

edit: typo

Well I understand it, it doesn't harm anyone. But almost everyone is giving arguments and is sharing their opinions with feedback while the post he made only states "I agree" which doesn't give any value to this thread.

But enough about this let's stay on-topic about the insulting matter if you want to discuss this further, you can send a vm/pm.

Its not fit to be here if its supposed to be a discussion where everyone saying "I got this problem".. Move it to discussion board and let mods & normal members discuss the matter, its not relaly relevant to even post it at feedback at the first place since a thread like this iwll end up like now.. discussions, of topics, exactly what teh thread was describing XD

It's not a suggestion, it's a complaint. Collz had a problem with the moderators, he posted the complaint, Hawar saw it & agreed. That's feedback, & funny enough this forum is named feedback. The topic wouldn't have ended up in a discussion if the post wasn't deleted.

Well I understand it, it doesn't harm anyone. But almost everyone is giving arguments and is sharing their opinions with feedback while the post he made only states "I agree" which doesn't give any value to this thread.

But enough about this let's stay on-topic about the insulting matter if you want to discuss this further, you can send a vm/pm.

He quoted a part of Collz' post aswell, giving an explanation on what he agreed.

Again I hope you understand I'm not trying to be rude.

Why do you keep comebacking. Its useless, No one really cares if someone is smarter than the other.
So stop acting like you were the best of all here. & if you're complaining why din't you make a threat in the first place?

Again, I'm not trying to be smarter than others. I'm just explaining why I think it was wrong. Is there any problem with that?
Stop acting like I was the best here? I don't know the majority of this community, why would I act if I was the best? I like to discuss with a proper language, which usually leads to people thinking such things. After all we're humans.

I'm not complaining as I don't have a problem with the moderators, I stated my opinion at my first post.

Edit: & why do you complain about getting infractions
if you were smart enough, you would have posted signed- with a little reason or an example, That would be acceptable.

That is why he quoted a part of the text the author made.

Last edited:

Exactly.

Once you type 'I agree', you mean the same as the author did. IE. more than one person has this suggestion/complaint, & want something done about it.

Why do you keep comebacking. Its useless, No one really cares if someone is smarter than the other.
So stop acting like you were the best of all here. & if you're complaining why din't you make a threat in the first place?
Edit: & why do you complain about getting infractions
if you were smart enough, you would have posted signed- with a little reason or an example, That would be acceptable.

Though, Collz. I did not bother reading through every single post here, so I might repeate anything. Well!
Everyone may not be grown enough to handle situations in a mature way, so that is not true that everyone is grown.

Why don't you all just think twice, before acting. And stop complaining about we're having a great influence of moderators who put much time on enforcing the community!

did I insulte someone? can't you read? you should use your brain sometimes wtf

rofl.

And the part where I'm saying you insulted someone is located where? Congratulations for making yourself look stupid once more.

I found this pretty funny, let me quote you :p

Yes indeed, everybody probably says that even myself, although I do know sometimes I say 'bad' things. Another quote:

You're insulting indirectly. The short lines you made there basicly means the guy you're talking to is:
- an idiot which can't even find out why you bolded a part of a quote

Now, you just said we should be civilised & such, & then in the same post you start 'flaming' another guy? That's just not okay.

Also Hawar's post got deleted, which I found pretty funny as he only wrote 'I agree :p'.

If you think his post was funny then you have a lack of humour. I didn't say he's an idiot. There's a difference between directly calling him an idiot and telling him to use his brain and I didn't mean to post it in a bad way. Personally, I tolerate minor insults such as "idiot", "stupid" etc. I also didn't bold any part of his quoted message, he's the one who did it.

And the part where I'm saying you insulted someone is located where? Congratulations for making yourself look stupid once more.

If you think his post was funny then you have a lack of humour. I didn't say he's an idiot. There's a difference between directly calling him an idiot and telling him to use his brain and I didn't mean to post it in a bad way. Personally, I tolerate minor insults such as "idiot", "stupid" etc. I also didn't bold any part of his quoted message, he's the one who did it.

Congratulations for insulting a member. Would you like to understand that, you enforce what you practice you hypocrite.

Congratulations for insulting a member. Would you like to understand that, you enforce what you practice you hypocrite.

Why don't you go back at my post and read again the part where I am talking about minor insults?

Din't you read?. He said that he wasen't meanting to post it in a bad way.
Maybe Practicing your reading and then analyzing it, it should help alot.

It's obvious we are not going to allow insulting hence there's nothing more to discuss.
Thread closed.

Since you started to talk about yourself, that post that got deleted was actually off-topic and you were insulting somebody directly, I don't care so much if it isn't so much off-topic, but the insult made my decision to check your profile for previous warnings, where you have one for insulting (otherwise I only would give you warning).

And no matter in which way the rules are written or "elaborated", insults will always be deleted. So I advice you to follow the rules and you won't hear from us anymore.
And you checked the reason why Delirium gave me a warning, because I didn't start it. If someone is insulting me, I'm not gonna just stop talking and say omg yes master you win I'm a failure, fuck no I'm going to insult back.

I kinda agree with Xenios here.. if a person stated something, its kinda waste for someone to simply post that he agrees and not include something else :p
Then how come in other suggestions when people say 'signed' or '+1' those posts don't get deleted. That's why the moderators here are confused, they don't know what their doing.

I have to disagree with this, I think Delirium is the best moderator here.
It's obvious we are not going to allow insulting hence there's nothing more to discuss.
Thread closed.
The point wasn't to let us insult, but stop deleting our damn posts. That shit is annoying, we spend our time writing out thoughts, defending our side of the discussion, and because it has one curse or one insult the entire post gets deleted? It's called editing, that function is there for a reason, but maybe the moderators are too lazy for that and it's easier for them to just delete multiple posts at a time.

Last edited:
Wasen't This threat closed?

Wyzr Gave me an infraction just because i said "yeyeye"
But I knew what i was doing, you should do the same.
As if someone woulda posted '+1' and then everyone post the same thing because nothings happened.

Wasen't This threat closed?

Wyzr Gave me an infraction just because i said "yeyeye"
But I knew what i was doing, you should do the same.
It was, but I had to speak my mind :D

Edit:
Wow these moderators really suck ass. I posted a picture in this thread http://otland.net/f21/must-see-98680/index2.html which REALLY doesn't have a topic, and my post was deleted -.- seriously? WTF I wasn't breaking any rules, I wasn't going off topic, because there is no general topic, for all you know it could be a thread about pictures you must see T_T. Damn moderators need to get their fingers out of their asses (cept for some moderators that are kewl :thumbup:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.