• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Modern AAC | v0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm... I just happened to stumble across something interesting in the Admin panel.

"Your server is NOT blacklisted"

Which means every time a page loads (or a specific event occurs) the AAC callbacks to a server of yours to see if you (the makers) has blacklisted a server.

What happens if you decide to blacklist a server? Will the AAC stop working or display a big fat red message in style with "This server sucks!"? =/

No but it will display a warning. The same warnings can also be seen PUBLICY on vapus.net for the servers (PAXTON maintain the blacklist tho).

@Rexxar on PHP 5.3. PHP 5.3 had been out for months and is the only version you can vertify DNS records on Windows with. And well, we try to be "modern", no need for PHP4 support.

No but it will display a warning. The same warnings can also be seen PUBLICY on vapus.net for the servers (PAXTON maintain the blacklist tho).

Sadly I think this will be the major reason as to why ModernAAC will die quickly/not get broadly adopted. If you keep "backdooring" people's websites by putting stuff like "Warning: This server is bad" on it without their consent, it'll eventually become widely known and thus people will stop using it because "You can get hacked by PAXTON if you use it" or whatever.

Same goes for Vapus.net if it has a similar feature.

This kind of "Big brother" stuff never goes well together with a tool that's ment for mass adoption.
(Which is also why Microsoft changed tactics on their anti-piracy campaign)

@Rexxar on PHP 5.3. PHP 5.3 had been out for months and is the only version you can vertify DNS records on Windows with. And well, we try to be "modern", no need for PHP4 support.

About 3 months, yeah. But keep in mind that there are still MANY webhosts who still have 5.2 simply because it costs too much to take all servers down for maintenance, and thus they choose to do so only once every 6 months or once every year.

baaa whats with the restrictions?

This CMS supports only sha1 for now on, no plain text allowed.

:S I mean I know plain text isn't very secure but shouldn't it offer the option encase people need to use plaintext?

Sadly I think this will be the major reason as to why ModernAAC will die quickly/not get broadly adopted. If you keep "backdooring" people's websites by putting stuff like "Warning: This server is bad" on it without their consent, it'll eventually become widely known and thus people will stop using it because "You can get hacked by PAXTON if you use it" or whatever.

This kind of "Big brother" stuff never goes well together with a tool that's ment for mass adoption.

About 3 months, yeah. But keep in mind that there are still MANY webhosts who still have 5.2 simply because it costs too much to take all servers down for maintenance, and thus they choose to do so only once every 6 months or once every year.

No it doesn't work like that at all. This is how it works.

There are 2 types of blacklist, one for servers and one for users.

The one for servers which u see in admin panel that you are blacklisted or not, will not display any bad message or anything, it will just mark you as bad because u have broken the license, and on VAPUS you will be marked as bad, thats it. No one else except the admin can see it.

The second one, which is users one, when you go to admin panel, in background you download a list of IP's that are blacklisted, and when someone goes to your website with that IP he will not be able. It's been made in case there are people that are keep breaking the license, or just doing bad things to OT community.

No need to be scared, I'm not an evil, and I'm not able to do shit to you.:thumbup:

When I created guild, I just see guild board, and no official boards.

# You must read and accept license
# Could not connect to database.
# Could not find your database.
# Website address could not be established, tried to connect to http:// 192.168.1.33/API/isValid.php if the link is valid check if this server is allowed to use local API.

So Paxton and Stian should stay wiht PHP5.2 and remove features from the AAC because PPL are to lazy to update there webservers?

With breaking the license you kinda doing a "Criminal act" so Paxton could start suing ppl that wont follow it.
Ain't it better that they just get a warning and nothing really happens?

If you don't know anything about php/apache/xampp etc then why do you even have a website?
If you are going to use a program you should first learn what it is and how it works..

Just don't be stupid.. omg

So Paxton and Stian should stay wiht PHP5.2 and remove features from the AAC because PPL are to lazy to update there webservers?

With breaking the license you kinda doing a "Criminal act" so Paxton could start suing ppl that wont follow it.
Ain't it better that they just get a warning and nothing really happens?

If you don't know anything about php/apache/xampp etc then why do you even have a website?
If you are going to use a program you should first learn what it is and how it works..

Just don't be stupid.. omg

1. I'm just pointing out that having dynamic functions would be better. So that when you have a feature active, you can benefit from it, if you don't then it won't prevent the website from functioning at all.
Look at vBulletin and Invision Power Board; They have dynamic requirements, and their software will adapt to what you have (within limits), and if something is missing then simply disable the part of the software that relies on that function.
Also sweetie, I wasn't talking about lazy, I was talking about big companies who would loose A LOT of money if they had to shut down their servers every time PHP/Apache/Whatever decides to release an update. They plan ahead and decide that "every this and this date we will update", not "Oh look they released a new patch, lets shut down the servers again just like we did 3 days ago because PHP updated their software 0.1 version higher".

2. Paxton already clarified this, please read his post.

3. I really fail to see how this relates to my post.

4. Not entirely sure what you ment by this, but I'm going to take the high road here and assume it wasn't directed towards me.

@Paxton:
That's really good to know :)
All though please keep in mind that most ISPs assigns their customers a dynamic IP, thus if you blacklist an IP, the "bad person" just have to reset their modem and/or network card, and presto, new IP. Additionally, this means an unlucky sod who just happens to get this blacklisted IP after rebooting his modem, will be blocked from all ModernACC servers, despite not doing anything. (Because he got the blacklisted IP ment for the "bad person" who escaped it by resetting his modem/network card)

Well for the vapus big brother part there is not a big banner feature, but you can ofcource get comments on your server from anyone. The "warning you are breaking the lisence" is displayed in tiny text at the bottom of the feature list and and isn't really a huge issue for anyone.

Yes, VAPus got the ability to ban servers from the list, and users (not diffrent from OTLand). Paypal addresses that changeback will also be banned from using the shop system this is to protect people from scamming.

Consider that Xinn bans everything he doesn't like I find a tiny warning much better for everyone, and most people will agree.

ModernAAC runs with PHP 5.0.0+ on Linux (atleast 70-80% of the webhosts use Linux) so it's not really a issue there for most people either.

@TrojaH That bug was fixed a rev or two ago ;)

I have a problem, when I press the button "CREATE" in create character page, have this error:

404 Page Not Found
The page you requested was not found.

I have a problem, when I press the button "CREATE" in create character page, have this error:

404 Page Not Found
The page you requested was not found.

Seems like relative links doesn't work with you. Set them properly in $config['website']

Must have been from the old dbSCHEMA, open it in phpmyadmin and set NULL to guild and the problem will be fixed, all using 159+ won't have that problem.

Must have been from the old dbSCHEMA, open it in phpmyadmin and set NULL to guild and the problem will be fixed, all using 159+ won't have that problem.
Ahh, thanks. :p It now works.

Fix /.../install/dbSCHEMA.txt
Code:
ALTER TABLE `forum` ADD `guild` int(11) unsigned DEFAULT NULL;
to
Code:
ALTER TABLE `forums` ADD `guild` int(11) unsigned DEFAULT NULL;

Very weird error.
Code:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Message: Object of class OTS_Account could not be converted to int
Filename: Frags/injection.php
Line Number: 8
This happened when I click on this url:
Frostwolf Character search: Znote

But when I click that url with Internet Explorer its all fine.

And when the owner clicks it, using google chrome, it works fine.

weird. :p

3249-phperrorv10trunk.png

Very weird error.
Code:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Message: Object of class OTS_Account could not be converted to int
Filename: Frags/injection.php
Line Number: 8
This happened when I click on this url:
Frostwolf Character search: Znote

But when I click that url with Internet Explorer its all fine.

And when the owner clicks it, using google chrome, it works fine.

weird. :p

I don't see any problems.

Cant you make more clean white layouts? Its like 5 layouts and I cant make photoshop, Pm pics and Ill code the things for you :p

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back