• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

ModernACC in need of support!

Snakie

Reaction score
So i got this problem, im using modernacc and when you register the acc offers you to choice a vocaion sorcerer, druid etc.. How can i change does, tryed in config.php didnt work.. nothing wrong with vocation.xml either so you guys got any idea where the problem may be?
Rep promised!

It's config.php. Look harder :p

Just ctrl+f this..

PHP:
/*List of vocation that exists on server*/
$config['server_vocations'] = array

yah, changed vocs there, but its still says druid sorcerer etc..

$config['server_vocations'] = array(0=>"None", 1=>"Priest", 2=>"Wizard", 3=>"Paladin", 4=>"Barbarian", 5=>"Tank");

Anything wrong here?

Restart apache. (or uni if you're using that)

Also, fix this if you haven't.. (in your config.php)

PHP:
/*List of vocation available to choose when creating new character*/
$config['vocations'] = array ~

Edit those lines.. and don't tell me it doesn't work since that it's what defines the vocation display in modern acc.. nothing else but those lines..

Try refreshing your browser?

PHP:
/*List of vocation available to choose when creating new character*/
$config['vocations'] = array(1=>"Sorcerer", 2=>"Druid", 3=>"Paladin", 4=>"Knight");

$config['server_vocations'] = array(0=>"None", 1=>"Sorcerer", 2=>"Druid", 3=>"Paladin", 4=>"Knight", 5=>"Master Sorcerer", 6=>"Elder Druid", 7=>"Royal Paladin", 8=>"Elite Knight");

/*List of promotions, the key is vocation without promotion*/
$config['promotions'] = array(1=>"Master Sorcerer", 2=>"Elder Druid", 3=>"Royal Paladin", 4=>"Elite Knight");

haha lmao, im telling you i edited those fukin lines it dosent work, i restarted my uni 10 times now refreshed page and still when i click on the "create account" its sorcerer druid,paladin, knight.

If nothing appears to work (even though it actually should be loaded from the $config['vocations'] variable), you could manually add them by opening up your create_character.php view file (located within the ./system/application/views/ folder).

Now locate:
PHP:
<label>Vocation</label><select name='vocation'>
Below it you will find this:
PHP:
<?php 
	foreach($vocations as $key=>$value) {
		echo '<option value="'.$key.'">'.$value.'</option>';
	}
?>
Replace it with this:
PHP:
<?php 
	/*foreach($vocations as $key=>$value) {
		echo '<option value="'.$key.'">'.$value.'</option>';
	}*/
?>
<option value="1">Sorcerer (or whatever name you prefer)</option>
<option value="2">Druid (or whatever name you prefer)</option>
<option value="3">Paladin (or whatever name you prefer)</option>
<option value="4">Knight (or whatever name you prefer)</option>

Remember that this is not dynamic so if you would like to change the names in the future, you would also have to change these. Manually.

Maybe I have an old copy of ModernAAC. Create.php is for the account creation when create_character.php is for the character creation. Either way, I'm glad you managed to solve it. Now remember that if you use my "fix" (it's not really a fix, a temporary solution at most) you must manage it manually if you ever decide to go back or change the vocations once again.

Back