• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Modules dir doesn't exist

T

tejdi

Something weird happens after encryption that worked before.

My process step by step:
  • I copy all files into a new folder, "e" (for encryption).
  • I write clientname.exe --encrypt in my cmd

1649300618853.png

• It encrypts client successfuly
  • I am zipping init.lua, data, layouts, mods, modules folders
I write type data.zip >> clientname.exe
1649300680765.png
(.exe file size increases)
  • I move .exe and .dlls to another folder, "r" (for release)
  • I double click .exe, and it says:
1649301497586.png

What's wrong with my process?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
T
Just did it on fresh v8, everything worked.
Code:
Edit init, set APP_NAME to custom (or delete the one you are using in %APPDATA%/OTClientV8/<APP_NAME>
client.exe --encrypt
Wait for success info
Compress to ZIP
type data.zip >> client.exe
Delete data.zip, init.lua and all the folders except dll and exe
Didn't work for me but I managed to encrypt it successfully by doing the following:

• open CMD as admin;
  • write: wsl --install
  • wait
  • restart PC
  • wait for ubuntu to install
  • write /mnt/c (where C is your hard drive)
  • navigate to your folder with encrypted (client.exe --encrypt secretphrase) (it works a little bit different than cmd, to open folder you have to write cd 'foldername')...
Supposing that you're trying to do it on mehahs otc, and not otcv8:

1649304606182.png

after that...

client.exe --encrypt "some password here", if your password contains spaces use "". Don't make a release folder separately, what encryption does it to encrypt the .lua, .otui, etc., files so when you open them you will only see encrypted characters. Be sure to backup your client (make a copy of the whole folder) before running the encryption.

Supposing that you're trying to do it on mehahs otc, and not otcv8:

View attachment 66847

after that...

client.exe --encrypt "some password here", if your password contains spaces use "". Don't make a release folder separately, what encryption does it to encrypt the .lua, .otui, etc., files so when you open them you will only see encrypted characters. Be sure to backup your client (make a copy of the whole folder) before running the encryption.

Nope, I am using OTCv8 and I am following this tutorial:

Code:
Edit init, set APP_NAME to custom (or delete the one you are using in %APPDATA%/OTClientV8/<APP_NAME>
client.exe --encrypt
Wait for success info
Compress to ZIP

Code:
client.exe --encrypt
Wait for success info
Compress to ZIP
Didn't work for me but I managed to encrypt it successfully by doing the following:

• open CMD as admin;
  • write: wsl --install
  • wait
  • restart PC
  • wait for ubuntu to install
  • write /mnt/c (where C is your hard drive)
  • navigate to your folder with encrypted (client.exe --encrypt secretphrase) (it works a little bit different than cmd, to open folder you have to write cd 'foldername')
  • when in the encrypted client folder write: cat data.zip >> client.exe (where again, client.exe is your client name)
  • move your init.lua, modules, mods, layouts, data to your server's updater directory and delete it from client's folder
  • copy your client and DLLs to the server's updater directory
  • open your client.exe (folder structure: client.exe, d3dcompiler_47.dll, libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll)

Solution
Back