• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Monster pathing

Muzzy

Reaction score
I've seen this bug on pretty much ever server I've been on including my own and excluding shadowcores.

So here's the scenario:

You have one mob and one obstacle. In this picture C will mark the monster, D will mark the obstacle, Y will mark your character and X will be any tile.

CXX
XDX The basic setup, if the monster were to go down, thus changing the setup to this:
XXY

XXX
CDX Then I could respond by going up one step.
XXY

XXX
CDY Then normally he'd just chase me around the obstacle like a mad man, but that's not what he does.
XXX

CXX
XDY This is where he goes. Then I can go back to where I started.
XXX

CXX
XDX Then I'd expect him to follow me around going to the right, but instead he goes right back down.
XXY

XXX
CDX
XXY

In an endless loop. Why is this? I think a solution to this problem would also solve the problem I have with dragon lords not wanting to walk into their own fire bombs, except when they "feel" like it I guess. Waddle around the bomb for about 3-4 seconds then dive right in.

Hopefully someone got an answer to this, it's confusing me!

Thanks in advance,
~Muzzy

Back