• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Monsters attack slow

Doitforthegains

Reaction score
Just as the title says monsters on my server are attacking slow. I would say between 2x-4x slower than what they should be. The interval for creature attacks is 2000 though so I'm not sure what the problem is..
Here's a monster script:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<monster name="Cyclops" nameDescription="a cyclops" race="blood" experience="150" speed="200" manacost="490">
    <health now="260" max="260"/>
    <look type="22" corpse="5962"/>
    <targetchange interval="4000" chance="10"/>
    <flags>
        <flag summonable="1"/>
        <flag attackable="1"/>
        <flag hostile="1"/>
        <flag illusionable="1"/>
        <flag convinceable="1"/>
        <flag pushable="0"/>
        <flag canpushitems="1"/>
        <flag canpushcreatures="1"/>
        <flag targetdistance="1"/>
        <flag staticattack="90"/>
        <flag runonhealth="0"/>
    </flags>
    <attacks>
        <attack name="melee" interval="2000" skill="60" attack="30"/>
    </attacks>
    <defenses armor="20" defense="20"/>

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you try decreasing the interval and was there any change in their attack speed? Also is there any latency?

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that part, sorry! I'm using TFS 1.1 10.41.

@Breed I haven't tried that yet, I also noticed that my regen for vocations is about 4x slower than it should be as well so I was hoping to find the root of the problem instead of patching it. Latency as in lag or..? Because I don't have any lag

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that part, sorry! I'm using TFS 1.1 10.41.

@Breed I haven't tried that yet, I also noticed that my regen for vocations is about 4x slower than it should be as well so I was hoping to find the root of the problem instead of patching it. Latency as in lag or..? Because I don't have any lag
Yes that is what latency is lag..
I thought you said you had 5 years as web developer? But you don't know what latency is?

Yes that is what latency is lag..
I thought you said you had 5 years as web developer? But you don't know what latency is?
I think you have me confused with someone else, I just started developing my server a few months ago :D And I know latency by definition is the equivalent of lag but I wasn't sure if you were meaning in a difference sense, like a script that delayed all actions by X amount

I think you have me confused with someone else, I just started developing my server a few months ago :D And I know latency by definition is the equivalent of lag but I wasn't sure if you were meaning in a difference sense, like a script that delayed all actions by X amount
fair enough, my apologies

BUMP
Monsters are still attacking slower than they should be...went ahead and changed the attack interval on one monster down from 2000 to 500 and it attacked at the correct interval of what it should be (every 2 secs) But I can't simply go and change every monsters attack interval down to 500. There's got to be a value in the sources or another script that I have to change to stop multiplying all my values by 4x

Last edited:
Honestly I'm not 100% on what it was within the sources. I just downloaded clean sources and recompiled my server, after that everything was working smoothly.

Back