• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MoonLight Online Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 49793
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 49793

Please Remember To Vote On Whether You Think The Exp rate Should Be 1x, 3x or 5x when you post :)
MoonLight Online
A Unique Tibia Server
moonlightonlineheader.jpg

This is our official Mailing List Thread.

What is our mailing list you might ask? Well everyone registered will receive an email from us once a week-2 weeks about
~Recent patch updates
~Promotional updates
~And once a week we will be giving out in-game prizes to mailing list members!

How do i join the mailing list?
Simply send me a pm on the forum with your email! That simple!

How many are currently in the Mailing List?
Well the server isnt even open yet and already 120 people!

How do i get removed from the Mailing List if i change my mind?
Simply reply to the email saying please remove me and bam done!

Official Beta Release Date: December 3rd 2010​
Beta Testers
All positions full
1. Aizle
2. Vizzargast
3. Alexander
4. Vincent
5. Kiong
6. Michael
7. iBlue (Taffy)
8. Santi (Santigggg)
9. Midorie
10. Diath chojrak
11. DPK
12. Amaya
13. Lightx
14. Noxiz
15. Sir Splash
16. Dazor
17. Xtream
18. Khrap
19. Anonymouss
20. dusieqq
21. Satern
22. Nikodad
23. Mitchdunher821
24. Prest
25. Ataro
26. Cesar10
27. Silverz
28. Macedoon
29. Warbringer
30. Snach

To Apply for a beta position Post here the following below. All beta testers will be private messaged how to login on the 3rd.

Code:
Name:
Otland Username:
~*~Storyline~*~
The world used to be a place of peace, elves and humans united and bonded strong,
for years they fended off the orcs succesfully.

Until one day, the half elf king who hailed from the prosperous bond between these
races met his end. Right before his last breath left his royal lips the king
foretold a prophecy: "An ancient race long forgotten will arise, betrayal and
death it will spread, alliances firm and strong will shatter, the Goddess of peace
will close her eyes and the God of vengeance will open his..".
Immediatly after these words the king passed away.

Both races mourned years over his death, but no one understood or paid mind to
his prophecy.

Years passed after the king died, his position was taken over by a pure human,
this was not appreciated by the elves. Disputes started. Acquiring full authority
the human race grew in numbers and even started discriminating the elves,
now seen as inferior people. A civil war between the elves and humans erupted.
Both sides lost alot of lives. The elves who were lower in numbers chose to run
and seek protection in their ancient forests.

It was now the Orcs saw their opportunity, they unleashed raids on human
establishments routing out the humans even further.

Humans retreated from their former houses, taking only their strongest men and
women.

The land remained silent, the Elves and Orcs believed that the humans were
completely erased..

But this was not the worst..
Little did the world know, that a great evil was brewing, miles beneath the ground
they walk every day.

Unknown creatures, spawns of pure evil were rising, slowly corrupting those
who walk the earth, feeding on misery, hunger, death and pain they spread hate
amongst us.

Slowly the hand of evil grasps, will the world fall into it's grip?

Will you fight against corruption, will you rejoice old alliances?
Or will you cause pain, will you hunger for death?

Our world needs a hero will it be you?

~*~A Little Info~*~​
Experience Rate: 3x
Skill Rate: 3x
Magic Rate: 3x
Loot Rate: 1x
Quests: 380, 260 Of these are chain quests (Ie. Requires pre-req quest)
Team Quests: 80
Servertype: Rpg-Pvp

How is this server going to be different from Forsaken Grounds Online?

ForsakenGrounds Online was basicly a test for us. It was a test to try scripts, see what players like, what players miss, what players crave, what players love.
An obvious thing to us was the want for pvp.

MoonLight Online will have a very indepth pvp system, random pvp will be low frag amounts, you will be able to kill 3 unskulled players every 3 days. However Arenas will be where you will show your skills and be rewarded for them. In MoonLight Online the capital city will have several duel arenas, 1v1, 2v2 5v5 and guild fights which will be hosted every Friday evening for special rewards. Duals will be gambled upon, players will both be required to put in a gamble amount (Ie. each 1k) the winner will win both these bids.

The Forging from forsakengrounds will be similar in MoonLight Online but more unique. Gear will be based on your vocation and not all the same. In ForsakenGrounds there are 12 tiers of gear that upgrade only armor. In MoonLight Online there will be 10 different tiers for each vocation that are built upon there needs/wants.

Mining will be much more Unique on MoonLight Online then it is on Forsakengrounds. Mining will require first mining for ores, which then you must take to a furnace to smelt these ores into bars which then can be used to upgrade the stats on your weapon or armor.

Lumberjacking will be added in MoonLight Online, Lumberjacking will be used to cut trees for lumber which can be blacksmithed together with smelted ores to make rare and powerful ammo.

Gathering in forsakengrounds is used as simply a moneymaker, however in MoonLight Online it'll be much more involved in potion making and other events.

~*~Pet System~*~​
Every player will start out with a pet, this pet will either be a badger or a dog. The choice of there pet will effect there choice of gameplay.
The Dog pet will use his extra strong scent of smell to sniff out extra loot for you the adventurer. This Dog will give you a 5% lootrate from monster drops. However with time and level this dog will morph into a more powerful pet, upon higher level this dog will turn into a husky who will increase lootrate by 10%. High levels will venture around with a pet wolf instead who will increase lootate by 15%.
Some players may not find the need for increase lootrate important and instead of seeking riches seek stronger creatures. These players will look upon the badger who will increase there armor by 10% when fighting aside them. The badger dog husky and wolf will all deal damage, a low amount but damage none the less.
These pets do have a heal amount = to 33% of your max health and can be healed by commands.
If your pet somehow is slain a new one can be summoned for 100% mana when you have no swords.

~*~Good or Evil~*~​
On MoonLight Online you will pick which side you will take, the side of a thief and a renegade or a noble warrior. Quests and actions will raise or lower your players honor, with very low honor you will receive titles such as thief, assassin etc. and be treated differently by certain npcs and towns. However by doing good tasks you will receive position honor however this may effect the reaction you are given in some renegade villages

~*~Unique Spell Trees~*~
Every Hero, Warrior Mage or Hunter Will be able to learn many different spell branchs.
Whats a spell branch you may ask?
Spell branchs work like this, lets say you pick the spell branch of fire.
The first spell you will learn by turning in 20 Orbs to the Pyromancer is fireball, this spell will shoot at a target you are attacking and deal strong damage splashing to nearby enemies dealing 50% to them. Once you have paid these orbs you have picked up the path of fire. after this you can turn in 10 orbs to receive Fire Rank 2. This will be a stronger more radius fireball spell. To achieve rank 3 by turning in 25 orbs you get a fire aura spell which will drain 5% of your max health a second dealing that damage back to all targets around you.
Now instead of carrying on to rank 4,5,6 to 10 of fire you decide you need some healing spells. So you gather up another 20 Orbs and go to the Priest to learn the branch of healing. You are first taught a heal over time spell which will heal you 50 health a second for 3 seconds. Higher ranks will achieve team heals, aoe heals and instant heals.

~*~Mining~*~
Mining will be much more Unique on MoonLight Online then it is on Forsakengrounds. Mining will require first mining for ores, which then you must take to a furnace to smelt these ores into bars which then can be used to upgrade the stats on your weapon or armor. Mining will also be used for many other quests, jobs and daily activies which reward you Orbs.

~*~Fully Customize Your Character~*~
In MoonLight Online you will make your character from nothing to your dream character, your character will earn Orbs which he/she will use to define your character. These orbs will be used to teach your hero 1 of 15 spell branchs, each character will average around 2-3 branchs, some may stick to 1 distinct branch however. With this you can make your mage a powerful team healer, or a heavy nuker using the power of fire at his fingertips to deal heavy damage, your warrior may be a strong and agile melee fighter uses slash attacks and ground smashes to deal damage or he may take upon the role of a tank and use orbs to increase his armor value and his healing. However you build your character, that is for you to decide.

~*~Orbs~*~
Orbs will be used to define your character as mentioned in the Fully Customize Your Character section Orbs will be used to pick your spells and your advancement in those spells. Whether it be 1 mastery of a spell branch or learning a few spells from many. Orbs will not be lootable, but only achieved by completing quests to your faction leaders. There are over 380 quests to complete each giving minimum 1 orb some several.

~*~Blood Orbs~*~
These will be like normal Orbs but only achieved by completing chain quests, these orbs can be used to furthur customize your character, either being used to increase your character max health by 5 or max mana by 10.

~*~An Intense RPG~*~
MoonLight Online has a full and complete storyline, from start to finish you will follow several indepth storylines moving from town to village to refuge to outpost following different quest lines by different Npcs. These quests will not only take might they will also take intelligence to complete.

~*~Mounts~*~
Mounts will be a big part of MoonLight Online, being needed to travel through some sorts of terran, dragon mounts to travel through the fiery mountains past the elven refuge camps, worg mounts to travel the dusty terran of the colapsus dessert. Mounts will be obtainable in-game through completing certain quest chains and some through purchasing with in-game gold. Mounts will be fully customizable in color to your liking.

Beginners guide

As you may or may not see you get to choose a pet, the choice stands between either a defensive or a lucky pet.​
Pets -
Dog +10% lootluck - can be found in the left chest.
Badger +10% defense - can be found in the right chest.
Remeber you may only choose one of the pets, so make sure you choose wisely.

Once you have choosen your pet you should head on and find the npc Chieftain Ruair, once you have found him ask him about mission, make sure you say yes after you've said mission.
This is how you get to him, the black circle is where you begin, the brown path shows the way. -

He asks you to kill 10 goblins, this might be hard if you are still level 1. Therefor if you are still level one i highly recommend that you go down the sewers first, get level 3-4 then head to the goblins. The sewers are located just a littlebit west of where you found Chieftain Ruair.
Once you have gained a few levels you should head back up, once up you should start walking north, to the gate. Go over the bridge/gate and walk northwest, here. -

Go down the ruins, there should be several goblins just below the stairs. Incase there aren't any, head further in and you shall find a ladder, down the ladder there's alot of goblins. When you've killed all 10 goblins, should look like this. -

Head back to Chieftain Ruair, report your mission done and he will reward you.

Your reward will contain something called a soul orb, these orbs are used to purchase spells. You now have a choice either to do another mission(recomended, the orbs are insanly valueble and you should try to get as many as possible. The more you have the better spells you can purchase.) or level normally. You need level 10 to leave this place.

In the building just north of the one im currently standing in is where you buy spells, the spells system is very unique here. It has 13 branches off spells. -

Trapping -This branch is used to trap enimies.
Demonic -This works somewhat like a curse.
Nova -Fire based spells, deals alot of damage.
Healing -Ye well, you know what this means.
Defensive -Spells such that could grant you extra shielding, armor, hp etc..
Buffing -Buffing, spells that grants you and your party extra attributes for a while.
Frost -Slows the enemy, somewhat like a paralyze(not that hard obviously).
Morphing -Makes you look like a monster, meanwhile you are in a monsterform you gain extra strenght, intellect(magic level) etc..
Shock -Electricity, does proper damage.
Brute Strenght -This branch gives you a huge amount of strenght for a short time.
Supportive Healing -Best way of supporting if you play with a group, a group healer is never bad. They heal alot and will keep everyone alive.
Focused Aim -As it says, focused aim. It gives you extra distance abilities which makes you hit harder or have higher hitchance etc...
Light -Light, who isn't scared off the dark?
These are the 13 spellbranches, very simply discribed. You may have them all but i personally recommend keeping to a few(1-3). The higher level you get in each branch the better the spells get. Leveling them all will cost alot and will result in you not having to many soul orbs left.

Once you have reached level 10 you should walk west from the temple(where you first logged in). -

Hoped that helped you all,
Sincerely,
Moonlight Staff

More Info To Be Posted With Time ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with your topic to survive, lol.
I think exp rate should 5x, and ofcourse as I said before, will be awesome.

Hahaha thanks Unknown, We are in this together whos will survive the longest! :)

He i want to apply for the beta Test.

Name: Max
Otland Username: Noxiz

Why i want to join this?
Because i played Forsakengrounds and i rly liked it. My favourite OTS are Custom but there are only a few of them which are really nice so i hope this one will be great :) Plx let me try :p

PS i would prefer 1-3x exp =)

MFG Noxiz

Aha, my story looks good like that :D. I think the exp should be from 3 - 5 x because most servers I had seriously enjoyed were around that rate.
1x < Don't over do it. Lol.

Name: Boyd
Otland Username: Dazor

Why?
I like forsaken groudsn rlly much and i would love to help you make new ot 100% good

Name: Andre
Otland Username: Khrap

It seems very cool and well made. It would be awesome to be a beta tester for the upcoming Moonlight.

PS. 3-5x seems appropriate.

Name: Dennis
Username: Anonymous

Curious about how this server is gonna be like!

Because of that comment Epple you will not be on the beta. Fyi i dont even know kastrullen more than as a player, ive never given items to a player nor do i plan to. Thank you for your attempt

Because of that comment Epple you will not be on the beta. Fyi i dont even know kastrullen more than as a player, ive never given items to a player nor do i plan to. Thank you for your attempt

oki, what about aizle's private spawn, then? he'll get it again?

Name: Maciej
Otland Username: dusieqq

There will be no donation items in MoonLight Online Except VIP, No donation spawns or weapons

Beta List Is Now Full! Thank You <3 Filled up within 20 mins

Even though the real reason for this thread is to show updates and progress about the server until the beta is online + ask for feedback from otland members? Always thought that ment it was for discussion board.

ok guys, already made thread on otfans also, keep working moist. :)

will we be able to choose between races? i mean there are humans, orcs, elves etc, will we be able to choose other than humans??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back