• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

More indepth about Vocations.xml

Andréew

Humble mapper.
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I've come to the part where i will redo my vocations for my server.
even tho i know a thing or two about what everything in the vocations.xml means i would like to get some explained before i start.

The idea is that i will have 3 starter vocations and then when reaching lvl 30 the player must choose which roll he wants to play.
each vocation will have 2 promotions ( is it possible to make it so the player must choose one or the other? )
lets say we start a character and we choose Apprentice as vocation when we hit 30 i can either choose Shaman or Magician but only ONE of them.
Apprentice has vocation id 1
Ranger has vocation id 2
Squire has vocation id 3
does it work if i make Shaman vocation id 4 and magician id 5? but both has fromvoc="1"?
will that work?

there is vocation id which is pretty obvious what it means but what does Client id mean?

Now to formulas and skill id.
Code:
<formula meleeDamage="1.0" distDamage="1.0" defense="1.0" armor="1.0"/>
in formula is it the same or opposite of skill ids?
i mean in skill id's if i got it right the lower the number the faster you gain the skill?
how does formulas work?

leaving this here if anyone wants to know what skill id is what :)
<skill id="0" multiplier="1.5"/> -fist
<skill id="1" multiplier="2.0"/> -club
<skill id="2" multiplier="2.0"/> -sword
<skill id="3" multiplier="2.0"/> -axe
<skill id="4" multiplier="2.0"/> -dist
<skill id="5" multiplier="1.5"/> -shielding
<skill id="6" multiplier="1.1"/> -fishing

The idea is that i will have 3 starter vocations and then when reaching lvl 30 the player must choose which roll he wants to play.
each vocation will have 2 promotions ( is it possible to make it so the player must choose one or the other? )
lets say we start a character and we choose Apprentice as vocation when we hit 30 i can either choose Shaman or Magician but only ONE of them.
Ranger has vocation id 2
Squire has vocation id 3
does it work if i make Shaman vocation id 4 and magician id 5? but both has fromvoc="1"?
will that work?
Yes, you need to change it in promotion script though.

Ranger has vocation id 2
Squire has vocation id 3
will that work?
make just like none vocation (rooker), notice that you dont need to define a fromvoc, use same id of current vocid when you dont want a fromvoc.
there is vocation id which is pretty obvious what it means but what does Client id mean?
im not sure but i think its for cipsoft things in latests client versions, there is a list of spells available for you by vocation and server need to send it before, its tibia client vocation id.
Now to formulas and skill id.
Code:
<formula meleeDamage="1.0" distDamage="1.0" defense="1.0" armor="1.0"/>
its a easy way to grow up the damage and defense, after all default damage be calculated (skill, weapon atk, arm, def) its result will be multiplied by the number you put there.
<skill id="0" multiplier="1.5"/> -fist
<skill id="1" multiplier="2.0"/> -club
<skill id="2" multiplier="2.0"/> -sword
<skill id="3" multiplier="2.0"/> -axe
<skill id="4" multiplier="2.0"/> -dist
<skill id="5" multiplier="1.5"/> -shielding
<skill id="6" multiplier="1.1"/> -fishing
the same as above, but multiplier of tries for a skill.

Back