• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Move Otland back to previous server! Fast web experience FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

richux

Tibera.org
Reaction score
Hello!

First of all, I would like to congratulate Talaturen and those ppl who spent their time and effort to do this great update, good job! :)

Since it's summer, I haven't really been using otland for few days, but today, when I decided to surf trough it a bit, I noticed that since the update loading time has become much longer(every page loads in aprox. 4-10 seconds <_<). First thought was that there is something wrong with my internet or smth, but no, otland was the only site responding with so huge time interval. I was pretty amazed when, after looking up the host location, I found out that the new host/ISP is located in the United States 0.o What the buck? We are now moved to USA? :eek: I didn't found anything in announcement board about this, so I have no idea why they have changed the host. I am not sure, but I think that most of Otlanders are from Europe, so I think that was a stupid idea.

So, if being on Otland has also become pain in the ass for you and you want the old host back, then please support this thread and take the right vote! :)

Last edited:
I come from Europe/Norway and have about 1.5 seconds load time. Before I had 0.5.

But I don't mind. They are using much stronger servers now, so we can handle more users without any problems.

I don't think they will move back to Europe

There are many people from USA who are using otland. :p

I come from Poland and I don't really feel any huge change in loading time.

Let Talaturen look on it, but anyway my vote goes to the second option.

Im from sweden, i dont feel like theres a difference ;O

Ye, it's noticable...

I have good connection to new york, d.c and langly. But chicago is a bommer for Europeans

They said it in the news:O http://otland.net/f14/otlands-update-vbulletin-4-a-96520/
but yeah its slower for me also;(

I thought there will be separate thread about that, but didn't find any, my bad.

I come from Europe/Norway and have about 1.5 seconds load time. Before I had 0.5.

But I don't mind. They are using much stronger servers now, so we can handle more users without any problems.

I don't think they will move back to Europe

There are many people from USA who are using otland. :p

How do you measure the loading time if u got so precise results? :eek: Also, I have never experienced lagging Otland before, I don't think the amount of users is so huge that we have to change server.

no difference but im used to the old style :(

Please read the thread once more, it's not about the new vBulleting version we are talking about here, but the server Otland is hosted on. It has nothing to do with style :p

Last edited:
It apparently is loading slower, ~1 seconds slower. It's not a big difference.

I agree, the new host is slower and it sucks a lot since most people are from europe for sure. Why don't we move to a better host in europe?

Everyone saying they don't notice any difference, there is probably a difference but the difference is so small you won't notice.

I agree it's slower, but I don't really mind.

Lol, I live 2 hours from Chicago, I actually noticed a much bigger difference than wherever it was hosted last.

It is better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back