• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving towards OTC

What should we do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working on cip client sytle sometimes ago but for 7.4 tibia client. If someone need help just msg me.
This is what i done so far:
nowy-obraz-mapy-bitowej.jpg

Well you could either upload it and add the parts missing yourself or let someone else do it :p
But the main thing we would need is the right side panel and the bottom panel (pms etc).
Throw me a pm if you don't wanna release it al

I wouldn't imagine the update to the object builder would be that hard, it's just another parameter to add to the options, the hard part would be reading the dat to get the frameGroup, and apperantly you have done that given your fix to the OTC.

I'll look into it tonight after I am done with work

Your best bet is to put it up for download somewhere, or put it up on github, that way you'd reach a lot more people looking into it.

You did good work though! Looks really similar to old Tibia.

Though I do wonder what would happen if I closed some of the windows/tabs since there is no tab bar. I guess you'd just use a hotkey (like ctrl-S for the skills window) to reopen them. Or is the tab bar just hidden and thats what the T icon on the chat bar is for?

The EQ panel can't be closed, compared to the one I did, so you will always have the buttons up if you need them.

There is some bars that is impossible to close minimap, inventory, healthinfo and player bars(that one with vip, skills, ect)

Hey guys how can I modify tfs/otc to send full mini map to player?
Here is not the right place for something like that.

It's impossible since TFS only sends a 18x14 range from Player vision and then the client track that tiles into minimap block.
btw you can use the client side for bypass that. Loading a full minimap instead the default one.

OTC is better to be compared to the standalone client Cipsoft uses, OTC is not a flash client.
Code style is what you are talking about, ex.
Code:
if (..) {
} else
someOtherFunction()

Just a small example, there are alot of things that makes the code of OTC look ugly and hard to read, im saying we should use the same one that TFS uses.

Docs:
Same goes for TFS, there isen't alot but it kinda isen't needed, just give it some time.
But ofc it should be added, just like it should with TFS.

Either im not understanding you or you haven't read up on OTC :p
OTC is a tibia client, just like the normal standalone client Cipsoft has been using since they started.
OTC was created to avoid getting sued (I suppose) since we are not changing the software Cipsoft has rights on(what we do when we use ipchangers etc).

So you can kinda say I want us to start mainly focusing on OTC insted of the standalone client, but still having compatability with the standalone client(server side).

About layouts / skins they might already have it but if you ask me it would be good to have a posibility to use diffrent skins, to ease the move for users who have used the standalone client all these years.

There is nothing wrong with the code style of OTC. It is in-fact the more common professional code style (I work in the industry). Adapt to the style of the coding as it is better in the long run.

For mature developers this is not a problem and no offense intended but mature developers should be the ones contributing to the core of OTC.

I am also interested in having the 7.4 classic module, or would appreciate to contribute to it.

There is nothing wrong with the code style of OTC. It is in-fact the more common professional code style (I work in the industry). Adapt to the style of the coding as it is better in the long run.

For mature developers this is not a problem and no offense intended but mature developers should be the ones contributing to the core of OTC.

Well I and it seems like most other prefer the TFS one and sorry but unless you wanna change it im gonna stick with my repo no offence, I know others like using spaces etc, but tabs are actually better since you can size them in your editor, while you might see 2 spaces I see 4 spaces.
And you can't argue that writing formulas without spaces make them ugly and I highly doubt that this is how professionals do it.
But please tell me why the OTC code style is better.

I also find it strange that you think everyone should do PRs to the main repo, since OTC is licensed under MIT, but I kinda get your point but im not gonna do it and it's not because I don't wanna help the main repo out, it's because I don't wanna code using spaces, I want the formulas to be clear, you should without any issues see what it does and I don't want any confusion when it comes to if statments, trying to find the curly brackets / "else" or the "end" when it's a one liner.

What im doing is using the MIT license and uploading things I do to my fork and if you wanna download it, change the indentation and then upload it to the main repo - you are more than welcome to do so
But thanks for the feedback :)

Well I and it seems like most other prefer the TFS one and sorry but unless you wanna change it im gonna stick with my repo no offence, I know others like using spaces etc, but tabs are actually better since you can size them in your editor, while you might see 2 spaces I see 4 spaces.
And you can't argue that writing formulas without spaces make them ugly and I highly doubt that this is how professionals do it.
But please tell me why the OTC code style is better.

I also find it strange that you think everyone should do PRs to the main repo, since OTC is licensed under MIT, but I kinda get your point but im not gonna do it and it's not because I don't wanna help the main repo out, it's because I don't wanna code using spaces, I want the formulas to be clear, you should without any issues see what it does and I don't want any confusion when it comes to if statments, trying to find the curly brackets / "else" or the "end" when it's a one liner.

What im doing is using the MIT license and uploading things I do to my fork and if you wanna download it, change the indentation and then upload it to the main repo - you are more than welcome to do so
But thanks for the feedback :)

I know I stated this already in the thread, but the style of the coding means next to nothing to me, both 'ways' are easy to read to me; it's almost all personal preference. It honestly comes down to working in a group, whichever way the majority of the group think is best, is what should be used.

Maybe Benis is right, and that is the industry standard; in reality, both ways are pretty much the same with only minor differences, and honestly only take a few seconds more to read it, if it isn't in the way you think is best.

The added benefit of everyone working together is better than a disagreement on spacing.

Remember guys, don't get lost in small details, what matters most is functionality.

I know I stated this already in the thread, but the style of the coding means next to nothing to me, both 'ways' are easy to read to me; it's almost all personal preference. It honestly comes down to working in a group, whichever way the majority of the group think is best, is what should be used.

Maybe Benis is right, and that is the industry standard; in reality, both ways are pretty much the same with only minor differences, and honestly only take a few seconds more to read it, if it isn't in the way you think is best.

The added benefit of everyone working together is better than a disagreement on spacing.

Remember guys, don't get lost in small details, what matters most is functionality.

Well ye sure but the reason I did is because most seem to prefer it, TFS has alot more devs then OTC and there are a couple of posts in this thread about ppl who don't wanna waste time readin the OTC indentation.
You very quickly make my code look like the OTC (2 spaces), by telling your editor to show and use 2 spaces with a tab.

That's the "main" diffrence, the other is the formulas and one liner if statments and well there is no way to show that really, atleast not in an easy way.
But if someone prefers that they could use the main repo for PRs, I will keep my fork up to date and if they want the 10.x bugs fixed they can keep the main repo up to date with mine.

Hope im not sounding rude, but it's the way I think it's best for all of us, I really don't get the usage of spaces since you force users to use spaces and as I said above tabs are ment for indentation since you can use as many spaces as you want. :p

And about working together, it would be great.
But it seems like the main repo is slowly dying out, it's rare that you see any major PRs there if you don't count @Summ 's protocol updates xD

Well ye sure but the reason I did is because most seem to prefer it, TFS has alot more devs then OTC and there are a couple of posts in this thread about ppl who don't wanna waste time readin the OTC indentation.
You very quickly make my code look like the OTC (2 spaces), by telling your editor to show and use 2 spaces with a tab.

That's the "main" diffrence, the other is the formulas and one liner if statments and well there is no way to show that really, atleast not in an easy way.
But if someone prefers that they could use the main repo for PRs, I will keep my fork up to date and if they want the 10.x bugs fixed they can keep the main repo up to date with mine.

Hope im not sounding rude, but it's the way I think it's best for all of us, I really don't get the usage of spaces since you force users to use spaces and as I said above tabs are ment for indentation since you can use as many spaces as you want. :p

And about working together, it would be great.
But it seems like the main repo is slowly dying out, it's rare that you see any major PRs there if you don't count @Summ 's protocol updates xD

Well it's up to us to keep the project alive, it is an open source project after all.

I kinda feel bad about this, as Flatlander and myself have put tons of hours into the OTC, but most of the work deviates from global Tibia.

I know it kinda sucks that it has been slow in recent times, but forking out the project in even more directions is just going to work to slow down the progress over all.

And I know you aren't being rude at all, you want to see the OTC be developed further, which is a great thing, I just believe having one home for the project as a whole is important.

And honestly, it is a toss up to say which on is easier to read, both ways have places that make me think 'why format it that way'? But it is such a minor issue.

I also wouldn't mind making pull requests to the main project for you, with their formatting way, but it is hard to go through your updates on github because there are just so many files being updated at once in a lot of the commits!

90% of it is formatting issues, such as changing spaces to tabs, or changing m_pos to m_position, and things similar to that, but there is also actual content updates in those posts too! Which makes it really hard to manually read through, and get all the updates you made.

Well it's up to us to keep the project alive, it is an open source project after all.

I kinda feel bad about this, as Flatlander and myself have put tons of hours into the OTC, but most of the work deviates from global Tibia.

I know it kinda sucks that it has been slow in recent times, but forking out the project in even more directions is just going to work to slow down the progress over all.

And I know you aren't being rude at all, you want to see the OTC be developed further, which is a great thing, I just believe having one home for the project as a whole is important.

And honestly, it is a toss up to say which on is easier to read, both ways have places that make me think 'why format it that way'? But it is such a minor issue.

I also wouldn't mind making pull requests to the main project for you, with their formatting way, but it is hard to go through your updates on github because there are just so many files being updated at once in a lot of the commits!

90% of it is formatting issues, such as changing spaces to tabs, or changing m_pos to m_position, and things similar to that, but there is also actual content updates in those posts too! Which makes it really hard to manually read through, and get all the updates you made.

Ye and as I said I would not mind using the main fork, but since I prefer tabs (as ive said, it can be view as 2 spaces - it's a matter of changing your editor) im gonna keep my fork.
And id still like to note that it's not what you prefer, since a tab actually mean spaces, just that you change (on your own editor) change the amount, the notepad(windows) uses 5 I think? notepad++ uses 4, so when ppl say tabs are not the correct way to go / wrong indentation type - they are actually wrong, since if they say that 2 spaces should be wrong aswell, hope you get my point :p

Yes you are correct the commits are abit of a mess, mainly because I did alot of regex updates (you can easily get 200 edited files, no point in uploading them one by one) but also because im pretty lazy and hate to even think about uploading it to github, it's a waste of time for me I guess xD

But ive been pretty good with the PR messages(IMO, but im not as good as i'd like to be)

One thing you could do is to download the latest versions of both forks, then in my fork replace tabs with 2 spaces and then compare them to see the diffrence, this will show you most of the things ive done, from bug fixes, UI changes aswell as one liner if statments.
But one thing you will notice is that OTC ... well the code style has rules but no one seems to really follow them, you will notice that in some places 4 spaces are used insted of 2 etc
But if you skip them you should get a pretty good output of what I have done so far and most of the regex updates are done, you can even speed it up by doing them on the OTC fork insted, (*-1 -> -1) to add spaces (and skip loading those changes).

So ye.. it's not fun or easy to revert the changes, it was not fun changing them either.

I'll be working on optimizing the FPS again this weekend.

I had a friend test out my OTClient 2 days ago, and in some situations the fps was so bad he couldn't effectively play. (sigh)

Can we get back to the 7.4 UI topic? lol

Not really something to talk about, the 10.x UI will be added and unless someone else feels like doing the older UI it won't be added - atleast for a long time.
Id prefer talking about bugs and features that people want added / removed :p

All is done by hand, got 2 screens so I had my own server up on the right one and OTC on the left one, that way I could easily see diffrences.
The images are taken from the spr file and then I cut them out with photoshop to single files.
So nothing really hard, expect finding the correct margins etc

If you want I can upload your commits, just send them to me and the things you did.
I also hate github, about once per month github goes on it's period and screws with me.
But it's good when it works :p

I have, but the thing is that if I "merge" the commits they will be merged with spaces and that ugly code style.
So far the repo is fully up to date, so no worries there.
And about that I have been thinking about starting a new repo just to get rid of that "x commits ahead, x commits behind" message.

Well this is how it would look on 8.6(I know the conditions bar is bugged).
QPog1-i.png

Strafe 4sqm shooting?

The hands:
The button "E" will be activated at version 10.x +(if the server said to use it, so won't be added on servers with the old war system).
When the "E" button is active and clicked those 4 hands will be shown, they are your PvP settings.
And what they do, you can read here: http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Combat_Controls
At PVP Mode
Can I assist you in debugging this layout or could I have access to the 8.6 interface? I could make it retroactive with 7.4 if I can see how you implemented it.

Can I assist you in debugging this layout or could I have access to the 8.6 interface? I could make it retroactive with 7.4 if I can see how you implemented it.

I don't think my code will help you very much, maybe the inventory file - if you want it send me a PM, might contain bugs and weird code since it's not public yet and not fully tested.
8.6 pic file: http://speedy*****malware.localhost/KNM3h/images.rar

As you can see the buttons in 8.6 are simple buttons rendered by the client insted of using images (like 10.x).
Might be smart to open another repo just for the layout(s) till someone creates / re-implements a skin loader.

Small update today;
Updated the outfit downloader code to follow the new frame groups - meaning both idle and walking animations are downloaded (great for 10.x websites).
Fixed a couple of the bugs with the new frame groups.
Added a mana bar below the health bar (this can be toggled via your options, like the health bar(s) and name(s)). - Thanks @Ninja for getting the thread content :)

gKts2Nx.png

Small update today;
Updated the outfit downloader code to follow the new frame groups - meaning both idle and walking animations are downloaded (great for 10.x websites).
Fixed a couple of the bugs with the new frame groups.
Added a mana bar below the health bar (this can be toggled via your options, like the health bar(s) and name(s)). - Thanks @Ninja for getting the thread content :)

gKts2Nx.png

Nice work.

Gonna commit it to github?

Nice work.

Gonna commit it to github?

As ive said before, yes :p
Just wanna wrap up a couple of the things I got going right now - one being the new frame groups.
And since no on else uploads things im not gonna rush :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back