• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving towards OTC

What should we do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They got a green light from steam, meaning steam will support them. You will most likely only be able to use / get the client from steam.
this "green light" not happen in a year ago ? why afraid with it, tibia with 20k players online don't will get much money more to they, they I mean the steam....

this "green light" not happen in a year ago ? why afraid with it, tibia with 20k players online don't will get much money more to they, they I mean the steam....

They annonced it then yes, with the new client.
Because if they do it via steam they will most likely discontinue the standalone and flash client, no reason to have 3 clients when one can do the job of those 2.
No ide what you said there, but they will still earn the money I suppose, but steam might take a cut since they host the client and can help with anti-cheat software etc

otclient is fine, it's just too laggy for pvp or exp
it proccess too much stuff, if contributors get otclient to run smoothly I'll totally agree to move to otclient

otclient is fine, it's just too laggy for pvp or exp
it proccess too much stuff, if contributors get otclient to run smoothly I'll totally agree to move to otclient

Well that is kinda what I wanna discuss, how to get more devs to work on OTC.
Once we have more devs there should be np getting it more optimized just look at TFS.

I'm not interested in OTC sadly.
But I would be very interested if someone would start developing a new tibia client, similar to CipSofts one in pure c++ that would become open source.

As others mention, OTC is too much weird stuffs in it, and too slow performance....
I'd approve a client that works fine on a computer with single-core processor of 1 Ghz and 1 Gb Ram...
And I wouldn't approve a client that need minimum 3 Gb Ram to run and at least a dual-core processor with 2.0 Ghz to look decent.

we should make a list of what is needed to improve OTC
Well you got the issues on the github page to start with, other things has to be found I guess.

I'm not interested in OTC sadly.
But I would be very interested if someone would start developing a new tibia client, similar to CipSofts one in pure c++ that would become open source.

As others mention, OTC is too much weird stuffs in it, and too slow performance....
I'd approve a client that works fine on a computer with single-core processor of 1 Ghz and 1 Gb Ram...
And I wouldn't approve a client that need minimum 3 Gb Ram to run and at least a dual-core processor with 2.0 Ghz to look decent.

I doubt anyone would wanna develop a new client just like that, would be better to work from OTC and try to make it better.
And if let's say they stop to develop the standalone client tomorow, we either have to decide if we wanna create a new one, work from OTC or stay at 10.90 forever.

To me atleast the second one seems the best to do.

Well you got the issues on the github page to start with, other things has to be found I guess.

I doubt anyone would wanna develop a new client just like that, would be better to work from OTC and try to make it better.
And if let's say they stop to develop the standalone client tomorow, we either have to decide if we wanna create a new one, work from OTC or stay at 10.90 forever.

To me atleast the second one seems the best to do.

I see your point, but we all know today OTC is flawed, it could take a year to get it straight.. in the same time, you could create a new one.
I'm the kind that prefer making new things, instead of trying repair old things.

The chances are often when you repair old things, you use bad codes because that's the only thing working with the current ones, unless you feel to replace codes for 10 files that links to 50 things to find out you created a whole new bug somewhere because you missed one of the things it linked to.

I hope you see my point, might sound weird for others.. wasting time on something brand new when there's already something similar..

I see your point, but we all know today OTC is flawed, it could take a year to get it straight.. in the same time, you could create a new one.
I'm the kind that prefer making new things, instead of trying repair old things.

The chances are often when you repair old things, you use bad codes because that's the only thing working with the current ones, unless you feel to replace codes for 10 files that links to 50 things to find out you created a whole new bug somewhere because you missed one of the things it linked to.

I hope you see my point, might sound weird for others.. wasting time on something brand new when there's already something similar..
I don't see your point since OTC is not a old thing, CIP standalone client is.
Maybe you want start a brand new client, why we should do it atm if we have a new client already developed and long time tested?
What we should do is optimize and cleanup the core trash and later on work in more things, nothing more than that.

it would take one week if someone was desperated enough and could share his work

btw. cip client ignores some of effects if there is too much trash on game screen (eg 5 players spamming area spells)
cip client animations are less smoothly
cip client runs on dx9 by default

I have been tinkering with the OTClient for a while now.

Things that would make the OTClient and the OT Server Projects better:
  1. OTClient needs to run MUCH smoother and faster.
  2. You should be able to create your account INSIDE the OTClient (Without account manager)
  3. There should be a Server List inside the client. (Similar to otservlist)
  4. When connecting to any server, it should automatically create a folder for that server and patch the client.
Those are just my opinions, and they are kind of a pipe-dream. So I just work on my own projects and hope you guys keep working on yours lol.
If I could make enough money to just stay at home all day and work on these projects, I would definitely help achieve the above, but I have no time so I just work on my own stuff.

Yes I see your point :p
But I still think it's a good path to start with and most likely will be faster then finding enough devs to make a new one, in the same time it would take to fix OTC.
But ofc it is an option we should also consider.

I have been tinkering with the OTClient for a while now.

Things that would make the OTClient and the OT Server Projects better:
  1. OTClient needs to run MUCH smoother and faster.
  2. You should be able to create your account INSIDE the OTClient (Without account manager)
  3. There should be a Server List inside the client. (Similar to otservlist)
  4. When connecting to any server, it should automatically create a folder for that server and patch the client.
Those are just my opinions, and they are kind of a pipe-dream. So I just work on my own projects and hope you guys keep working on yours lol.
If I could make enough money to just stay at home all day and work on these projects, I would definitely help achieve the above, but I have no time so I just work on my own stuff.

1. Totally agree with you on this one, and I think most others do aswell.
2. This is already done correct? And id say this is a thing for the future, better to focus on just getting a client that is atleast as good as the standalone client is - from there we can add things that makes it better.
3. (4)

Well I feel the same, if we all spent 1 hour a day with 10 devs we should be able to get close to the standalone client pretty quickly.
The more time and or devs we have the quicker it will go.

And to those that think im only taking to devs, no.
There are things anyone can do, translations, making new images to make it look better aswell as things like we have right now (clean up the code).

@Flatlander
1.and should support DX9 by default, I find OpenGL very laggy (doesn't matter if it's cip client or rme)
2. with captcha verification, otherwise someone will run script and generate trash in someone's database
3. I suggest talking with admins of server lists
@xinn @Don Daniello
4. that doesn't sound safe

Last edited:
Some comments.

1. The OT Client is not that laggy. - I've been able to use it on servers with no real issues, no real lag or hang ups.

The only times I've experienced lag on the OT client is on highly custom servers that do not resemble real Tibia, and normally that is a conflict of the server itself not being optimized.

It must be noted that I play games on a 5+ year old laptop.

2. When people choose to work on the OT client extensively, it is normally for a custom project that doesn't resemble real Tibia, and thus the work done on it can't be ported over to a normal Tibia server as the scripting is in conflict with how real Tibia works on a fundamental level.

@Flatlander
1.and should support DX9 by default, I find OpenGL very laggy (doesn't matter if it's cip client or rme)
2. with captcha verification, otherwise someone will run script and generate trash in someone's database

You realize number 4 is how every other game ever that uses a patcher works, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some comments.

1. The OT Client is not that laggy. - I've been able to use it on servers with no real issues, no real lag or hang ups.

The only times I've experienced lag on the OT client is on highly custom servers that do not resemble real Tibia, and normally that is a conflict of the server itself not be optimized.

It must be noted that I play games on a 5+ year old laptop.

2. When people choose to work on the OT client extensively, it is normally for a custom project that doesn't resemble real Tibia, and thus the work done on it can't be ported over to a normal Tibia server as the scripting is in conflict with how real Tibia works on a fundamental level.
EDIT**
You do experience lag on some servers, and I don't think YOUR computer is that bad.

Some comments.
try some combat as a player (not god, just a player)
just spawn 20 rats and shoot them with hailstorm rod
you will notice fps drop

try hunting on dragon lair full of lava for 5 minutes
you will notice how unplayable otclient is on hunting areas

my specs:
win7 x64
radeon hd 6870
i5 3570k
goodram DDR3 8GB 2400MHz CL11

btw.
4. I realise
game companies are serious business and they will be in trouble if they do that
ot servers can be hosted by anyone and not everyone will get caught if he do that
do you see the difference?

Last edited:
try some combat as a player (not god, just a player)
just spawn 20 rats and shoot them with hailstorm rod
you will notice fps drop

my specs:
win7 x64
radeon hd 6870
i5 3570k
goodram DDR3 8GB 2400MHz CL11

I have tried combat as a normal player, and like I said, I haven't had much issues on normal Tibia servers. On non-custom clients, the only time I experience any lag is when trying to use bot features.

I've also played Necronia with no lag issues and that is built off of OT client.

I have gotten really bad unplayable lag on my own project, but I'd reserve that to poor optimization of our systems, and not a problem of the 'core' Tibia stuff.

My Specs:
EnYRyVD.png

(My specs are actually lower than the minimum needed to run league of legends, despite me playing it everyday)

The only point I am trying to make here, is that the OT Client in it's current state is not as bad as a lot of you are making it out to be, and I believe it would be worth while to develop it further and optimize it's code, rather than try to branch off of a new project or start from scratch.

@Flatlander

Yea, sorry #4 is the only real way to make OTClient streamlined.

You have to have it patch and update for each new server you play.
You should be able to use the same exact OTClient for Pokemon, Dragonball, Naruto, etc, normal Tibia Servers, Narozia, Zezenia, or any other server in existance without having to download a brand new client.

You should literally open the client, and it has a list of "Official Servers" that have been tested and are safe to play.
Then every time a server has an update, it has to submit it for testing, before it is put into public release on the "Official Server List".

Then also you'd have the option of entering an IP and Port to connect to any random server, but it would display a warning stating "You are going to connect to an Unofficial server, You may be asked to download a patch, which could contain harmful files. Continue at your own risk."

I have forked OTC, did some updates aswell to start it all up.
Let see if people are ready to do this or not :p
Feel free to send in PRs, both bug fixes aswell as code cleaning.
https://github.com/WibbenZ/otclient

I have forked OTC, did some updates aswell to start it all up.
Let see if people are ready to do this or not :p
Feel free to send in PRs, both bug fixes aswell as code cleaning.
https://github.com/WibbenZ/otclient

I won't help at first, but I will probably help in the future (will be a few months, since I'm just about to release a new project)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back