• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My beginner sprites :D

Prest

الله ليس أكبر
Reaction score
I decided to try to do some spriting, it's pretty fun xD But as of right now I'm bad :p here's two sprites I've made.
pQqD9.png
0ZNwv.png
8pWFo.png

--
For those who prefer seeing it with the pink background
bS4KF.png
MMEKe.png

You're more than welcome to use any of the sprites I make :)

Last edited:
8pWFo.png

^^ first helmet, ty Kangarew and ruggedmage for watching me in teamviewer haha

The helmet and shield both have a pretty shape. =D

Btw, since you followed my tutorial, I'll try to help you improve stuff on them with a few suggestions if you don't mind. Also idk if you saw ones I left at that thread, but here:

The shield is too bright on the edges, and yellow contrasts with black a lot, so you should try to neutralize both of that with AA, also, the redness inside should be a bit more variating in shade, it seems flat red when looking like this.

The blood on the sword on few points goes over the outline of the sword, you should fix that. The handle is also too bright on the left wing and too dark on the right wing, could tune that in a bit. Also that oval shape on the handle stands out a lot due to it's outline being dark on a light background.

The helmet just needs more shading , looks too flat atm.

Looking forward to see the progress :]

Last edited:
Made a purple skull :p
66Vrk.png

Btw Ty shadowsong for the tips, I had made those before you did the AA tutorial so.. :p

So seeing all the new sprites threads encouraged me to keep going lol.
Jgqey.png

and here's the shield again, did some minor tweaks to it.

kdSpJ.png

--
Disregard the random colors on the corner on the sword picture.

Nice sword, and nice details on the shield reminds me a little of crown shield.
Just a little shading or glow-effect would perfect it i think.

Like this one: Crown_Armor.gif
Like it reflects the sun shining on it.
But just some shading alone would look fine too.

A long way to go, but a great start!
A hell of a lot better than anything I could make!
Great work Prest!

Red

Yes I can imagine this shield is hard to shade with all the detail.
But I'm sure it will look great when you finished that.
Maybe you should practice on something that is easier to shade and come back to it later.

i have some templates i've made here:
Metal Legs.PNGarmor.PNGshield.PNGhelmet.PNG Use the pallet on the helmet for shading.

I will probably make a tutorial soon, since i don't see many, if any, for sets, like helmets armors and legs. Especially any for creatures.

Only for objects and objects tend to be the easiest since you don't need a specific perspective in most cases, but creatures take between 20 minutes to over an hour! So i'll make a tutorial about sets and creatures soon :D *i'll spend a lot of time on it also*

Attachments

Back