• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

my creations (need thought)

kn4pp

Reaction score
Here's my latest creation i have been working on...

Here's a overview of what i have made so far
2vt1gf9.png

The beach and a little bit of the forrest
rlg77k.png

The Depot and a small shop and some houses
35ak4fs.png

I was out if ideas when i started so i made a small copy cat from sword of fury in rookgaard
zkqtsw.png

The Temple and some more houses
68v49e.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'll say what some other people told me :p
Upload the images to Tinypic.com, that site makes the pictures have great quality and show up as large pictures in the forum, so nobody has to click them and enter another site.

#Mapping: (Beach Pictures)
Lacks quite a bit of detail :p
Try adding:
- Sand "Gravel" - Either by using RAW or by dragging the cursor while using "Auto-Border" (Button A to turn it on and off)
ID: 8033
- Seashells
ID's: 5679-5682

Maybe a shipwreck on the shore? I dunno ^^

also useful:
Small Stones ~
ID: 3610 -> 3614

To "jump" to a certain ID in Remeres Mapeditor, you simply press the button "J".
A window appears and then you write the ID there.

Try to look around for unique items in the RAW section, there is alot of great stuff to be found there, just make sure it fits the environment and the "Theme".

All in all, if you are a beginner I suppose this map is okay for a first one :p

To "jump" to a certain ID in Remeres Mapeditor, you simply press the button "J".
A window appears and then you write the ID there.

is there a remere's for 9.31 ? cuz i got some wierd one that is kinda hard to find all the right ground's field's and tree's.

Do you have any thoughts on the other's pictures ?
Upload the images to Tinypic.com, that site makes the pictures have great quality and show up as large pictures in the forum, so nobody has to click them and enter another site.

I'm kinda new to the upload pictures to forum so i took the first one that came to my head. but i will use tinypic instead now :D

press F11 so we don't need to see all that colour shit over your map
try making things more tiny, like the houses
and especialy the beach since it's gigantic and then it looks empty
and as Falarion said, use RAW more and get used to it

I'm pretty sure this is Simones map editor and not Remeres. Shortcuts may not be the same. ;o

what is raw ?
is it when you put out tile for tile and not just press here and there and it shape up to something.

all i know about the editor is that its calld world editor and nothing more "/
WorldEditor Version 9.31
Copyright (C) Ghost Creations 1993-2011 o_O

I'm pretty sure this is Simones map editor and not Remeres. Shortcuts may not be the same. ;o
Oh :p
I really don't keep track of SimOnes anymore, I thought it was... Dead, so I simply thought everyone used Remeres ^_^

Do you have any thoughts on the other's pictures ?
Well, Uhm... There quite a bit of blank squares, so you might want to fill those in. It's alot easier to get an "overview" of the map then.
As goes for the houses... I don't mind the sizes, because houses can be in all kinds of shapes and sizes (Almost XD).
But one thing I really don't like in them is the metal railings on the floor and the Floor Difference...

You could also put in some doors in your house, example:
apa4yf.png

As goes for the shop, try to add a bit of detail, for example if it is a armor shop, add some items and perhaps a forgery.
Example:
hv6yqf.png

You can do something like this, but add more details than this!
I can't be arsed to make a house fully complete which I'm not gonna use anyways XD

what is raw ?
is it when you put out tile for tile and not just press here and there and it shape up to something.

all i know about the editor is that its calld world editor and nothing more "/
WorldEditor Version 9.31
Copyright (C) Ghost Creations 1993-2011 o_O
I have never even heard about that one... xD
RAW = Tile for Tile, no automated borders.
Also a source for unique floor types, items and decoration which can't be found elsewhere.
(This only goes for Remeres, I can't say how that "World Editor" functions)

If you want to make it easier for yourself, just get Remeres Mapeditor :p
It's quite easy to get the hang off quickly!
I don't use the newest Remeres though, but I'm sure it will show up on google if you search for "Remeres Mapeditor"
And somewhere there find the newest version.
Then you need the proper Client/s to be able to make RME work.
You can find them all here:
http://tibiaclient.com/
Install the chosen client + RME.
Start RME, I'm sure a window will pop up saying it wants the proper path to your tibia directory, ignore it for now, press cancel.
Then go to File/Preferences/client version and change the "Default Client Version" to the one you want to use.
Set the path for your Tibia Clients Directory.
IE:
C:\Users\Falarion\Desktop\Tibia\Open Tibia\Clients\8.6\
- Done

I hope this helps!
/Falarion

Last edited:
Do you mean something like this ?
289rpx.png

there isnt much edited on the house to the right...

and thanks i have a much easier map editor now :D rep++

it looks better, now work on the nature a bit
use the smaller tufts (the third and fourth) and use small fir trees and go mess around a bit with the trees, don't mix TOO much trees

I agree with Luffy1255, mixing to many different trees in a normal forest "biome" / area doesnt make that much sense, mixing a whole lot of trees can happen rarely to spice up some special locations.

In the grass areas, mess around with:
- Dirt stains (Not to big, nor symmetrical)
Red/Brown Gravel on the Dirt Stains, not all, maybe on 1/4 of the dirt stains, or less.
- Small Stones
- Heavily detailed areas and Barely Detailed Areas, to get some difference in the map.
Heavily Detailed = Stones, lots of border differences, maybe water pools, gravel, different terrains, mushrooms?
Barely Detail = Just scatter some trees, not to many though, you want people to be able to walk through the forests without any annoyance, for example lots of sidestep places.

And oh!
About the houses, you could try to only use the Stone Floor in the Armor Shop and then Wooden floor in the normal houses.
- Feels more natural to me that not every single house have the same floor :F
But don't use waaay to many different floor types.
You could do a couple of houses that are close to eachothers and make them with the same floor and then, far away there could be another pair of houses that use some other floor type.
Try to experiment alot, thats how EVERYONE gets better at mapping XD
Just remember to not go totally unrealistic, some is good, but not to much ;)
Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back