• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My map overview - still in process

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think that applies in a mapping 'showoff' thread. this is not mapping 'help' or mapping 'advice', you showoff your map and if it sucks i'll tell you. i told u theres simply too much advice to give, ur maps are seriously that bad
I crearly asked for tips and advice not for trashing. I dont want your shitty comments no one is asking for them. Again, if you dont like it your more than welcome (youre rather doing a favor) to leave the thread

@Dark199
Here's the spawn I was talking about.
ot6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
just as bad
I've seen no mapping's done by you, what so ever, therefore your opinion about mappings and such are pointless. So far I've seen little to no actual helpful criticism, so stop posting unless you do so. Also, you also noticed he joined on 9/16/13 so you can only assume that he started mapping at that point. I can guarantee no one mapped any better than he did on his fourth day of mapping, if that.

I've seen no mapping's done by you, what so ever, therefore your opinion about mappings and such are pointless. So far I've seen little to no actual helpful criticism, so stop posting unless you do so. Also, you also noticed he joined on 9/16/13 so you can only assume that he started mapping at that point. I can guarantee no one mapped any better than he did on his fourth day of mapping, if that.

all irrelevant, his maps are still bad. i've told him multiple times to look at other maps and compare to his own, i could write an essay on what he should do differently
also no, it's more likely he started mapping (not very long ago, but longer than 4 days) before he decided to make an account to post his work.

lEEt0eM.png

all irrelevant, his maps are still bad. i've told him multiple times to look at other maps and compare to his own, i could write an essay on what he should do differently
also no, it's more likely he started mapping (not very long ago, but longer than 4 days) before he decided to make an account to post his work.

lEEt0eM.png
You keep showing the same image to prove your point? dude you dont make these forum any better with your crappy comments. I tell you again if you dont like it move the f out from the thread. And yes I started mapping recently stop being such a d bag. The image wasnt going for you it was for dark, I cant care any less now about your retarded and baseless comments.

Here's some dwarven stuff done by Siramix http://otland.net/threads/swanamix-teaser-4-a-dwarven-territory.196862/
And here's some dwarven type stuff from me; http://otland.net/threads/dark199s-mapping-thread.194241/#post-1894642
The structure is pretty bad, and you didn't finish the buttresses. Look at these two threads and you'll get a bit better understanding of how they should look. And remember to experiment with autoborder off.

Ok thank you Dark, I started doing it last night so not much work has been put into it, its still in progress like most of my map :)

You keep showing the same image to prove your point? dude you dont make these forum any better with your crappy comments. I tell you again if you dont like it move the f out from the thread. And yes I started mapping recently stop being such a d bag. The image wasnt going for you it was for dark, I cant care any less now about your retarded and baseless comments.
image wasn't for you, it was for dark m8. too lazy to take another so i copy pasted xD i don't like the maps, but i like telling u they're bad, so i stay ;d

image wasn't for you, it was for dark m8. too lazy to take another so i copy pasted xD i don't like the maps, but i like telling u they're bad, so i stay ;d
Ok whatever, you'll just be ignored (by me atleast) so you are going to waste your time here.

@Dark199
Any better?ot7.png

Start from scratch, and work with outlines first. I can probably show you later via Skype or Teamviewer. I'll get into doing the outlines and such to show you how to start.

-Try to make areas squary, when making the shore line switch your brush to a 3x3 or 1x1 to make it less squary.
-Some floors and walls just can't get along. Try not to combine the wooden walls with those yalahari floors, unless you use it in small sections as for decoration.
-Important city buildings are better made with cobblestone, unless you can make them look appealing using wooden walls
-That grass doesn't fit right, they are better when done in small amount such as a part or a temple
-More tree variation (use trees, not just dead trees and bushes.
-Lastly, the road between the flats and the tavern in the first pic are ugly, better replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back