• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My OT server concept. What do you think?

tehot

Reaction score
Hey. I'm going to describe the idea I would like to create an OT based on.

The first thing one usually does when starting a new server is choosing your character's vocation.
In this server you do not, as you start with 4 characters straight away, one of each vocation.
The 4 characters go everywhere together. You control one of them as you usually would, and the other 3 follow you, pretty much like summons.
You can switch the controlling character any time.
Each of the 4 characters has its own level, skills, gear, and outfits.

The behaviour of the 3 characters you are not directly controlling can be customized.
This is done by modifying the automata action list, which is an interface where you specify a priority-sorted list of conditions and action responses.
This could be an example of automata action list for the druid:

ConditionAction Response
Self: HP < 50%Cast: Exura gran
Knight: HP < 60%Cast: Exura sio "Tehot Knight"
Self: MP < 30%Use: Great Mana Potion
Self: Condition: PoisonedCast: Exana pox
Self: Condition: not HastedCast: Utani gran hur
Is Targed SelectedCast: Exori frigo

At first, the automata action list has few options and limited entries.
Through leveling, quests or whatever system is chosen, you unlock new entries and more conditions and action responses progressively.
Thus, your team seems to become more intelligent as you progress.

Moreover, the controlled character serves as commander of the team.
Through text commands, you tell the other characters what to do: adopt a particular formation, use a particular spell, and more.

If one of the characters die, it loses EXP and skills as usual. It has to be ressurrected in the temple.
If the leading charracter dies, the lead is transfered to another living character.
If all characters die, the usual tibia death-screen appears and you are teleported back to the temple.

When not in a battle situation (when you can logout), by default, following characters collapse in the same SQM as the leading character. This prevents too-crowded cities.

That's the basic idea. I have in mind a custom RPG map server for this.
Some thoughts:
I think it adds a new dimension of strategy to tibia.
The game takes longer to get old: you have 4 sets to complete, 4 skills to train, 4 characters to get addons for, 4 automata action lists to improve...
Pvp duels would become more intense and interesting.
On the other hand, wars would probably be very chaotic.
Quests' difficulty would be adjusted to the fact that now you have four times as power.
I would work on puzzles and challenges that exploit the explained features: using certain formation or having to repeatedly switch the leading character gracefully.

What do you think?

i'd love to see someone code that

btw this would be basically a completely different game

Back