• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My own html5 project: Mil Online

Under Influence

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
I am devolving a browser based OT Like game 100% custom using Phaser and Node.js. So far I have been making pushing system, path finding, attacks using the OTSprites (OpenTibia Sprite Pack), still in very early development, it will be more focused on strategy (gather resources and choose right equips [eg: go to snow area and get frozen if you stay too long without good equips], weapons and elements to hunt) and will have no vocations.

The current attack modes I made so far are explained below, in the future they will depend in the items you have equipped in your hunt:
*Retreat - for distance fighters, you walk backwards with the face turned to the target, you are slowed but do more damage
*Berzerk - you walk faster towards the enemy, more atk and less def
*Flee - is like free utani hur if you move in the opposite direction of the target but you cannot attack,
*Block - you walk slowly, and are able to block two creatures, swords will have Parry which will add one more creature. Other melee weapons will have it own effect like stuns and bleeds.

Also, the damage you do and you take depends on the direction of the character, a creature attacking your back will do more damage, and creatures will be divided in types for examples beasts like wolves will gain more damage and speed if there is low hp player on the screen.

fS1E8P7.png

mxeTLrx.png

Last edited:
1 YEAR UPDATE - After some downtime after being very busy with work and personal issues and since I preferred to spend the last free time last year in the all premium account dungeons in mainland map I have some free time now, and I've developing the game since Christmas every day.

I finally managed to solve the FPS problems, the game is running at 60 fps smoothly now, I'm mostly coding and using the arena and the two creatures I have to test spells and fighting.

IDEAS I'M DEVELOPING FOR THE GAME

I'm finishing the spell system. You can choose to be a melee player and play mostly by using your keyboard (you will attack the target that you touch, you can jump targets, do exori/beam type spells) or a ranged player where you have to manually aim your spells (SD type spell is instant, XPL type spell has a 0.5 second warning and a FB type spell has a 1 second warning). Fields are also working. No mana! Cooldowns, currently chosen stats and some penalties prevents you from casting spells

My idea is turning it into Gauntlet type of game where you run dungeons to hunt stuff with some old tibia-style scripted quests with PvP combat. The game will be released with 25 creatures and the it's generators (summoners) each with its own gimmick.

Fighting Skills will make you able to wear better equipment with less to no chance of breaking instead of more damage to balance PvP. Exp will go to the skills of the weapons being used.

Currently the melee skills are
Unarmed
Sword - better for defensive plays
Club - better for team fighting.
Axe - better for offensive plays
Dagger - better for players who prefer to move around.
Spear - better for melee players who like extended range.

You will be able to adjust your stats on different bars on the go with some cooldown between changes (choose between more atk, or more def), (choose between more hp or more speed), each threshold will give you access to different skills.

TIMELINE
->Finishing the spells
->Making the skills/stat system
->Making the creatures
->Making items and different interactive objects on the screen
->Making a map editor
(...)

P.S.

I'm looking if someone has the sprites of tibia 7.1 -> 7.4 where big monsters and other big stuff is joined in individual image files, so I can make bigger progresses on the game.

Cheers

Last edited:
1 YEAR UPDATE - After some downtime after being very busy with work and personal issues and since I preferred to spend the last free time last year in the all premium account dungeons in mainland map I have some free time now, and I've developing the game since Christmas every day.

I finally managed to solve the FPS problems, the game is running at 60 fps smoothly now, I'm mostly coding and using the arena and the two creatures I have to test spells and fighting.

IDEAS I'M DEVELOPING FOR THE GAME

I'm finishing the spell system. You can choose to be a melee player and play mostly by using your keyboard (you will attack the target that you touch, you can jump targets, do exori/beam type spells) or a ranged player where you have to manually aim your spells (SD type spell is instant, XPL type spell has a 0.5 second warning and a FB type spell has a 1 second warning). Fields are also working. No mana! Cooldowns, currently chosen stats and some penalties prevents you from casting spells

My idea is turning it into Gauntlet type of game where you run dungeons to hunt stuff with some old tibia-style scripted quests with PvP combat. The game will be released with 25 creatures and the it's generators (summoners) each with its own gimmick.

Fighting Skills will make you able to wear better equipment with less to no chance of breaking instead of more damage to balance PvP. Exp will go to the skills of the weapons being used.

Currently the melee skills are
Unarmed
Sword - better for defensive plays
Club - better for team fighting.
Axe - better for offensive plays
Dagger - better for players who prefer to move around.
Spear - better for melee players who like extended range.

You will be able to adjust your stats on different bars on the go with some cooldown between changes (choose between more atk, or more def), (choose between more hp or more speed), each threshold will give you access to different skills.

TIMELINE
->Finishing the spells
->Making the skills/stat system
->Making the creatures
->Making items and different interactive objects on the screen
->Making a map editor
(...)

P.S.

I'm looking if someone has the sprites of tibia 7.1 -> 7.4 where big monsters and other big stuff is joined in individual image files, so I can make bigger progresses on the game.

Cheers
start reading .obd files object builder is free.

After converting my code to javascript ES6 classes, I am making good progress on spells and managed to import all tibia spell animations to the game

New kind of spells, beam but slow moving in each sqm, double press and it will release very fast on the perpendicular direction, for example if you shoot to the left and press again when the beam is reaching 3 sqm, it will go up and down to damage enemies far away from screen (think Vel'Koz Q in Lol).

Possible to look diagonal with Q,E,Z,X keys and shoot beam and instant spells that away! Creatures also have a 45 degree diagonal look when they attack you in melee.

You can choose to shoot a SD type spell, a, explosion type spell (delay 0.5-1seconds) or a small fireball type of spell (delay 1-2 seconds) and it will give the target a special condition if you hit twice in a row.

So far the combos with spells are: (the duration, cooldown and damage is variable but not decided yet)

*Fire -> ablaze (DoT over time only if target is moving, consecutive fire spells do more damage by reducing def)
*Energy -> push closer 1 sqm + silence (target cannot attack, cast non self targetting spells or change floors)
*Ice -> slow (2 slows makes you unable to move (Frozen) - (can be healed but you lose HP to unfreeze)
*Nature -> root (target cannot move, but taking non DoT damage will remove the status, reduces atk too)
*Stone -> confusion (works like drunk in Tibia)
*Wind -> pushed away 1sqm + suspension (target cannot move, but if the caster moves the effect will be broken)
*Dark -> life steal initial hit + curse (increasing DoT, but the effect is over if the target moves away 4 sqm from the caster)
*Light -> dazzle (reduces the view of the game to 5x4), also heals allies
*Poison -> poisoned (DoT like Tibia but reduces healing too)

I might changes things if they are too OP or maybe even release a video

Feel free to add suggestions for new effects.

Last edited:
I've been updating the game and adding tons of spells and the first version of the minimap:

*Skills are self cast spells or spells I haven't attributed yet to Area or Beam category
*Area are targeted spells with the mouse (like tibia runes)
*Beam are spells like waves, but some you can press twice the button for a second effect (for example Teleport, you shoot a beam moving slowly in front of you and if you press the hotkey again before it finishes you will be teleported to the place)
*Elements add a special condition of your choosing to the Area and Beam spells, for example fire => Ablaze

milonline.png

I wanted to display the enemies in the minimap but is becoming really difficult, the browser is too slow to update it every frame, with either CANVAS or DOM rendering, so for now it only updates on player moving. So I think it will be a spell for that.

P.S. I decided to remove the battle list, is a waste of space, but I will make VIP/recent players on screen list for player interaction. The targetted monster will keep showing the monster info.

Last edited:
My first goal is releasing a war server with a small map to test performance and after I release it, I will start making it RPG style with a big map. If I get enough support I will release the code, for people to make their web browser games based in Tibia with lots of customization. Since is Javascript/JSON files, is easier to code for a lot of people.

Map editor is on its way!!!!

Floors, borders & walls implemented.
Option to change floor, full map navigation, auto border, auto wall, brush sizes, customize minimap colors, floor combination with more sprites etc are already working!

the MAP will read easy to understand JSON files in combination with sprites organized by type (one for floors only, other for borders, order for walls) which can be customized to do things not possible in tibia, imagine some creatures able to hover in water, some spells that get additional effects if used in water, etc! You can add more sprites manually easily by using magick and editing the JSON file, my version has sprites from different eras of Tibia. Border system allows for any combination of borders, desert next to snow? why not!

Example of the JSON file
JSON:
{

"26":
    {
        "name" : "water",
        "total" : 8,
        "cutoff" : 4,
        "animation" : true,
        "startframe" : 26,
        "endframe" : 33,
        "color" : "darkblue",
        "block" : true,
        "type" : "water"
   },
    "27":
    {
        "parent" : 26
    }

}

I will be moving to add the objects to the map editor, organized into themes and separated by 32x32 and 64x64. Once finished the map editor will be separated from my game and can be used for other people to make html5 games!

Attachments

Last edited:
Back