• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Mysql connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorruptEnzo

Zanarkand OT Owner.
Reaction score
Okay, Iv been searching this error for about a week and I really cant find a solution that works so I'm going to post on Otland for help.

Heres the story;

My server was running perfectly fine. Database, characters, everything. I left the house for about a day and then I find out the power went out while my server was online.. I turned it back on and such and tried to run my server and I get this unbeatable error...

[17/08/2009 21:10:21] >> Loading config
[17/08/2009 21:10:21] >> Loading RSA key
[17/08/2009 21:10:21] >> Testing SQL connection... MySQL.
[17/08/2009 21:12:23] > MySQL ERROR mysql_real_connect: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
[17/08/2009 21:12:23] > ERROR: Failed to connect to database, read doc/MYSQL_HELP for information or try SqLite which doesn't require any connection.

Can someone please help me by giving me detailed possibilities to fix this... Or a link of some sort that is detailed to fix this? I would highly appreciate it... Rep ++

:)

Last edited:
Wow guys really?!?! If I had a server running with 45+ players I obviously have a mysql database set up and xampp. It was all running perfectly. And yes, xampp and mysql are running just fine.

BUmpp ~ Wow. 70 + views and nobody can help me. Wow, Otland is great!?!. .....

Last edited by a moderator:
damn your awesome enzo... i came in here to actually help you!! i was feeling nice!!

but now, nope.

good luck with otfans? lmfao

PS: Ive had this EXACT same issue :)

Last edited:
@CorruptEnzo

Please refrain from insulting Otland members - nobody's obliged to help you, users actually spend their time reading about your problem so your attitude is out of the place.

@CorruptEnzo

Please refrain from insulting Otland members - nobody's obliged to help you, users actually spend their time reading about your problem so your attitude is out of the place.

Who did I insult? They gona cry about it? Grow up guys.

you still having problems?

Actually I am.. lol.

Last edited:
[17/08/2009 21:12:23] > ERROR: Failed to connect to database, read doc/MYSQL_HELP for information or try SqLite which doesn't require any connection.

The last line of your error is clearly self-explanatory. If you can't handle simple errors like this then you should really be hosting an otserv. Also learn how to read before coming here and start insulting OTLanders.

The last line of your error is clearly self-explanatory. If you can't handle simple errors like this then you should really be hosting an otserv. Also learn how to read before coming here and start insulting OTLanders.

Actually "smart ass" I went to mysql_help and it told me to post on otfans for help. I figured otland would be better. I guess not.

//edit nsanee: This topic is closed then. Look for help elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back