• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MYSQL ERROR - I have tried alot, please help.

phokuz

Reaction score
[[THIS QUESTION IS SOLVED]], IT WORKS NOW, I DONT KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS BUT IT WORKS NOW SOMEHOW

[12/12/2008 10:35:11] >> Loading config
[12/12/2008 10:35:11] > Using plaintext passwords
[12/12/2008 10:35:11] >> Loading RSA key
[12/12/2008 10:35:11] >> Starting SQL connection
[12/12/2008 10:35:11] Failed connecting to database. MYSQL ERROR: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[12/12/2008 10:35:11] > ERROR: Couldn't estabilish connection to SQL database!

What am I doing wrong? I have tried to figure out the problem by myself for too long time now and now I need your help! I tried following with no positive results; REinstall/Install Xampp and XamppLite several times, also the whole OT once. Ive read all the SQL-Tutorials in the tutorial forum..

Im using Xampp, I sucesfull loaded the .sql-files, both schema.mysql and database.sql from xampp\htdocs which I got from Nicaws Acc manager.

After that was going to try to host my server (0.3b1pl2-gui - TFS v0.3 alpha 4) when the above error occured.

This is how my config.lua looks like;

-- Database
passwordType = "plain"
sqlType = "mysql"
sqliteDatabase = "forgottenserver.s3db"
mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "root"
mysqlPass = "123" *
mysqlDatabase = "otserv"
mysqlPort = 3306

-- Connection Config
ip = "127.0.0.1"
port = 7171
.......... and so forth..

* = Same password i typed in the Security console MySQL & XAMPP directory protection. As I have the same password in my config.inc file.

Last edited:
mysqlPass = "*", I dont think what it is "ok" password, just leave it blank: mysqlPass = "", and don't set password on xammp. Or just set both password to somethingmore friendly, like "phokuz123".

Also i see "Failed connecting to database. MYSQL ERROR: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)" This mean what you don't useing password... idk where it is, but just delete "*" to "", and try again :>

thank you but the password i use is not "*" symbol its 123123 i just made a star to indicate that i used the same password everywhere i use 123123 in all the files.

this is how it looks:

mysqlPass = "123123"

and its the same password i use in the config.ini file and in the Security console MySQL & XAMPP directory protection.

now i got a new error, when I reinstalled xampp

[13/12/2008 01:59:19] >> Starting SQL connection
[13/12/2008 01:59:19] Failed connecting to database. MYSQL ERROR: Unknown database 'theforgottenserver'
[13/12/2008 01:59:19] > ERROR: Couldn't estabilish connection to SQL database!

The database in the PHPadmin is called otserv
and the databse in the config.lua is called otserv
as is the one in config.ini

and when i typed in a password in the files and in the PHPadmin and the XAMPP security center i went back to the initial problem:

Failed connecting to database. MYSQL ERROR: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[13/12/2008 02:07:30] > ERROR: Couldn't estabilish connection to SQL database

remove it from winrar/winzip folder

i dont have it in its zip folder i have it extracted in a regular windows folder, with the same name as the zip archive.

im getting so frustrated over this, i will never be able to make an ot if i cant even get trought the first step, and no one here knows how to solve it.

I'm having the same problem I've had a server online and people could join but all sudden after a few characters made bam this problem and I have not done anything to change it

[[THIS QUESTION IS SOLVED]],

This is how my config.lua looks like;

-- Database
passwordType = "plain"
sqlType = "mysql"
sqliteDatabase = "forgottenserver.s3db"
mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "root"
mysqlPass = "123" *
mysqlDatabase = "otserv"
mysqlPort = 3306

do it like this and it will word