• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Home sweet home!

image.png

Alright, I suppose the video is ready now. Take a look at the class preview for Saint here:

You might need to put on HD and fullscreen in order to actually read anything from the recorded interface. Something went wrong with my Sony Vegas settings and the video didn't turn out as good in quality as I thought it would.
Couldn't bother to do another 2 hours of rendering, so it is what it is for now. The next one will be better. </3
just seen this and fuckin awesome ;)
also 9,999th post ;)

Okay so, I really really liked this server, it has a shit ton of stuff to do, but, here's a few thing I didnt like.

1- The client.

I just hate it, it prevents me from going back every day to discover more stuff and invest time into this server. Its also a bit bugged and the corpse windows move arround.

2- The amount of items that every monster drop.

Well, I havent killed many monsters, but, I killed a few bugs and rats and they're always infested with a shit ton of items... Cooper coin, some regen boost items, creature products, I dont know, I just didnt feel like looting 8 items every time I killed a monster is like a good thing to do

3- The crafting system.

I had to like, read the guide about 5 times to understand what I needed to do, It had me running arround for a while asking players what to do. Some of them were AFK and one guy finally explained me exactly what I had to do, but yeah, I'd like to have my stuff on the inventory, right click the anvil and choose what I want to craft :p

Thats all, I think this is an awesome server, yet, it has some things that should be slightly changed. I havent played enough, yet still looking forward to this :)

Okay so, I really really liked this server, it has a shit ton of stuff to do, but, here's a few thing I didnt like.

1- The client.

I just hate it, it prevents me from going back every day to discover more stuff and invest time into this server. Its also a bit bugged and the corpse windows move arround.

2- The amount of items that every monster drop.

Well, I havent killed many monsters, but, I killed a few bugs and rats and they're always infested with a shit ton of items... Cooper coin, some regen boost items, creature products, I dont know, I just didnt feel like looting 8 items every time I killed a monster is like a good thing to do

3- The crafting system.

I had to like, read the guide about 5 times to understand what I needed to do, It had me running arround for a while asking players what to do. Some of them were AFK and one guy finally explained me exactly what I had to do, but yeah, I'd like to have my stuff on the inventory, right click the anvil and choose what I want to craft :p

Thats all, I think this is an awesome server, yet, it has some things that should be slightly changed. I havent played enough, yet still looking forward to this :)

I'm glad to hear that, would also be nice if your feedback was a bit less vague. For example, you say you hate the client, but you don't say why.
About the corpse thing, we're aware it's happening so it will be fixed probably in 1.17 patch. It happens when you have 2 opened corpses, and one of them 'rots' to a next state, which refreshes the window making the client think it was just opened (so it puts it in the "newest" window position).

I don't know, I've never heard somebody actually complain about looting a lot of items. We make sure 95% of the items the monsters drop are useful items, especially in the beginning. You always need money, regeneration particles help a lot on the lower levels, crafting and tailoring materials are also dropped frequently and can be used for those 2 skills + you can sell them, and of course equipment and other items such as relics and artifacts are droppped every now and then.

If you don't want to loot something, feel free to leave it in the corpse. We've been thinking about an auto-loot system but we can not prioritize that right now and if we ever make it, it will probably come in an update after the release.

I will soon upload videos of all our systems with explanations for those who want to learn them that way, but you can always ask your local npc (in this case Blacksmith Urgo) for a tutorial which will display a window explaining how to use the system. I think it's very easy to use and it is well explained. Anyone who understand english language and pays attention for 10 seconds on that tutorial image should be able to understand it. You can also check out the library on our website to read about all of this stuff if you need to remind yourself.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, I'll be streaming Necronia development for the next few hours on twitch.

Will be working mainly on a new questline related to the content of the latest update (Chuvagas / Darksand Marshes) and a nice optical illusion of realtime travel. Hopefully I won't make the server crash 10 times.

Many fantastical things about updates in Necronia can be found in the changelog, make sure to check it out from time to time.

Something really strange has been happening during the last 24 hours, excess amount of crashes "apparently" triggered by things that never used to crash the server.
I'm beginning to think that Tarjei made some changes to the engine without telling me, but I'll investigate the situation as soon as I can, in a few hours.

Looking forward to play Necronia. Everything looks great!
When will you guys allow people to buy BETA keys again?

He fell in codes and coding his way out right now.
Happens to me all the time.

He fell in codes and coding his way out right now.
Happens to me all the time.

Shiva is currently away on a trip until Monday-ish. Once he's back the server will continue on track.

Back