• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

I buy the beta... waiting the beta key and im searching a brazilian group to do the quests and help me have someone?

I buy the beta... waiting the beta key and im searching a brazilian group to do the quests and help me have someone?
You are able to find the key, after the purchase, here. Once you find the key you enter it on our site when registering an account.

We did this because we noticed that potions were a bit overpowered. In PvP it would come down to who had the most potions, something we wanted to avoid. Rather than decreasing the amount they healed, we added a cooldown to help balance it out. This way potions won't become useless and a money sink. I know that after a certain time the cooldown timer will decrease to its usual one second cooldown.

thats bad tbh why would someone win cuz he got more potS? when u cant kill someone after 5 min without stair hopping just atk heal u wont kill him anyway
and against mobs/bosses its really bad poor defenders ^^ how are they supposed to tank when they have to wait 5 seconds after 7 pots for another lmao i rather make a poll and let ppl think about this cd lol

Really noticed it when iwas fighting rawlar I mean ofc in other games u have to wait 30 sec to use another pot or 10 but its still tibia :D

Ah and would be great if you could make the entrance for rawlar for 1 player not 3 hes quite easy to outplay tbh dont need 3 ppl and if u are the only one online like me sometimes it would be great to have acces to rawlar alone :p

thats bad tbh why would someone win cuz he got more potS? when u cant kill someone after 5 min without stair hopping just atk heal u wont kill him anyway
and against mobs/bosses its really bad poor defenders ^^ how are they supposed to tank when they have to wait 5 seconds after 7 pots for another lmao i rather make a poll and let ppl think about this cd lol

Really noticed it when iwas fighting rawlar I mean ofc in other games u have to wait 30 sec to use another pot or 10 but its still tibia :D

Ah and would be great if you could make the entrance for rawlar for 1 player not 3 hes quite easy to outplay tbh dont need 3 ppl and if u are the only one online like me sometimes it would be great to have acces to rawlar alone :p

Defenders, more often than not, will be in a party typically with a saint for extra healing, not to mention them keeping the shell ability which helps them regenerate a second shield that scales with their levels. If you have a better alternative for solving the issue of having potions being a bit strong, other than decreasing the amount they heal, please suggest so. And remember that the only thing Necronia shares with Tibia are the sprites and very basic mechanics. We're creating a new game which is drastically different from any other ots.
You need three people to open Rawrlar so its harder to farm, so changing how many players is needed won't be altered.

My feedback about shadowstriker nerfs and potions:

Shadowstrikers don't have a barrier or spellshield, so we need at least a lot of potions and lifesteal with a very good Chaos to recover a little points of health. I'm having a lot of problems now to hunt on my own. You have nerfed the lifesteal and attackspeed on weapons. Our weapons don't have a good attack damage (13 on dualfang) so we need at least the lifesteal come back how it was in the past.

OBS: Sorry for my bad english.

Just for the record, I'm currently way from my PC and on a trip until monday evening, so I won't be able to attend the server and the forum so often until I get back, and I certainly won't be able to make any worthwhile posts on my mobile phone without access to certain information.

Shiva, crush is disappointing, it looks so much better with your formula ...
Do cyclopses have THAT much defense, or is something wrong with level 37, 20 attack weapon, 33 club skill, dealing about 100 damage...
I still prefer using immobilizing throw all the time (lower cooldown, lower mana cost, no soul cost, about the same damage), so it would be nice if defenders had some reflect damage a bit earlier on.
Also, the barrier is based on max barrier, not health :p You would need to be level 67 to have 1005 barrier ~,~
The stronger heal that takes a lot of mana is way too weak, it heals for 200 while my normal heal does 80-120.
Shell should work with weapon defense as well, what is the point of two-handed defender weapons if shell doesn't work with them?

I will have a proper reply for you to explain some things when I get back and take a look at the formulas again, and some other things you mentioned will be altered.

Why did you made an "potion cd" when u use them? lol

http://necronia.com/changelog.php

- While this timer lasts, every time you use a potion, the cooldown to use another one will increase.

1st use -> 1 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
2nd use -> 1 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
3rd use -> 2 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
4th use -> 2 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
5th use -> 3 sec. cooldown 'til next use.
6th use -> 4 sec. cooldown 'til next use.

As Silence said, we viewed some things as they happened in the gameplay and deducted that potions and the exhaustion time on potions way too short. However, we feel like the general item-use exhaustion is okay. Furthermore, item-use exhaustion is applied on all items once you are exhausted. I wanted to avoid this, so I only altered the potion script, and while at it, I didn't touch the exhaustion but made them work with cooldowns so that it doesn't affect any other items and gives me the results as exact as I want them to be.

I noticed that people who play weak (by weak, i mean squishy) vocations by definition were unkillable. As long as your entire HP doesn't drop in 1 turn from an attack of your enemy(es), you literally can not die if you have potions. And since they were on such a short exhaustion/cooldown, as you as had potions you could basically live forever. So we made this system to make you use your potions more smart. Potentially, you can still heal a lot with them, but you should carefully save up your uses when fighting a fight in which you are not overpowered. In case you find yourself overpowered, you run, you don't tank it with 1000x health potions like before.

So you can still use 3 health potions with the same quickness as before, then for the next 2 you have to wait one extra second, and for the fifth one you have to wait two extra seconds, etc. (by the time you reach this, the potion hunger reset will happen).

I think this will solve our problems for the most part, with the exception of the script being set in stone, meaning it could change anytime to be even stricter or less so, depending on what the testing proves.

If the entire gameplay and survival in a game with such diverse vocations, abilities & monster behavior ultimately reduced itself to the ability to mash your hotkey potion until you run out of it, I'd consider myself a fail of a developer. With that said, nothing is yet set in stone, but we're experimenting to spice things up a bit and change the way things work in your generic OT server.

We will most likely also be reducing the death loss percent, so deaths are not that harsh as they are right now, in case it takes some time to get used to all of the changes (since I know that due to them, many will be dying, which is a very stressful and unforgiving thing in Necronia).

I just want to say that every color of butterfly has a corpse of that color. If you kill any butterfly right now it goes straight to rotting corpse phase 2.

Err anyways. I just started a new character and I got to say that the beginning is a lot better than it was early beta. Server is definitely going the right direction. Rats drop a good amount of loot to keep you hunting for the full duration of the first quest. Lets hope I don't ragequit at the crabs again. ^^

Good to hear that, see you soon when I get back! About the butterfly thing, I'll see to it also. Would you be kind and report it via ctrl+z instead of here? (and assign me for the task)

My feedback about shadowstriker nerfs and potions:

Shadowstrikers don't have a barrier or spellshield, so we need at least a lot of potions and lifesteal with a very good Chaos to recover a little points of health. I'm having a lot of problems now to hunt on my own. You have nerfed the lifesteal and attackspeed on weapons. Our weapons don't have a good attack damage (13 on dualfang) so we need at least the lifesteal come back how it was in the past.

OBS: Sorry for my bad english.

The attackspeed nerf was absolutely and incredibly necessary, and the lifesteal one as well. Dual Bloodfang Dagger, as a weapon that you can obtain at some level 8-14 on Bawfuria, is not something that should be stronger than a tier 5 sword with 30~ atk and bonus attack speed/crit chance, etc.
Basically, what we've done here, is nerfed the Bawfuria weapons so we can make space to add new daggers and better weapons that will be obtained on Conqueria, and I literally can not imagine what power those weapons would have if they were a stronger version of the Dual Bloodfang Dagger (noobie weapon).

With that said, my point still stands about the attack and attackspeed of daggers. These weapons are very delicate and very sensitive to change. Even you can testify to that fact that a 13 attack weapon was stronger than someone's 30 attack weapon. When we top all that off with the ability of upgrading your weapon and character via relics and artifacts, you can still make a brutally strong weapon of a noob weapon, so we don't want to even further push this power when it absolutely does not need to be there and in that area.

I suggest you move on to better things such as a Furian Dagger / Nerveripper until more daggers are introduced to the game, or you can even go for throwing knives and slitthroats that are available in the Conqueria ranger shop (top floor).

I will make more testing to ensure that shadowstrikers maintain a worthy position among the other vocations, but they sure as hell won't as super-powerful as before. Not with that kind of equipment and spells, and not against such an off-scale range of monsters.

The attackspeed nerf was absolutely and incredibly necessary, and the lifesteal one as well. Dual Bloodfang Dagger, as a weapon that you can obtain at some level 8-14 on Bawfuria, is not something that should be stronger than a tier 5 sword with 30~ atk and bonus attack speed/crit chance, etc.
Basically, what we've done here, is nerfed the Bawfuria weapons so we can make space to add new daggers and better weapons that will be obtained on Conqueria, and I literally can not imagine what power those weapons would have if they were a stronger version of the Dual Bloodfang Dagger (noobie weapon).

With that said, my point still stands about the attack and attackspeed of daggers. These weapons are very delicate and very sensitive to change. Even you can testify to that fact that a 13 attack weapon was stronger than someone's 30 attack weapon. When we top all that off with the ability of upgrading your weapon and character via relics and artifacts, you can still make a brutally strong weapon of a noob weapon, so we don't want to even further push this power when it absolutely does not need to be there and in that area.

I suggest you move on to better things such as a Furian Dagger / Nerveripper until more daggers are introduced to the game, or you can even go for throwing knives and slitthroats that are available in the Conqueria ranger shop (top floor).

I will make more testing to ensure that shadowstrikers maintain a worthy position among the other vocations, but they sure as hell won't as super-powerful as before. Not with that kind of equipment and spells, and not against such an off-scale range of monsters.

Thank you for the reply Shiva, i understood.

Is the server offline?

Last edited:
Well giant drone 1 hitted me lol and last time i died while used my pot like i still healed and still died lol was very funny :D u should make bless in main land like lvl 10 1k lvl 20 2k lvl 30 3k I think that will help alot its beta dont need to make high prices maybe when u made items sellable like weapons armor equipment rings etc would be alot easier cuz i drop so much and cant do anything with it besides ripping it in parts where i can get those parts easy from mining & lumberjacking :D

I understand it but how come ppl are immortal by using pots? u made the system lifesteal lol its no wonder with crazy atk speed then u nerfed it example shadowstrikers the problem is example for defenders that make literally no dmg with lvl 20 that takes long time to kill hard mobs and they use pots for like 20 sec they will die asap the CD from pots come in usage and gg U also cant say he need a saint when the ppl in necronia are max 5 online a day lol id say nothing when we had 50 ppl online but thats not the case since I have no teamplay what ever i choosed to take berserker since i can solo alot more with it I also tought about lupol when someone put 100 points in it or 50

Dont you think its op as hell when lupol gives more hp mana trought pots? I mean 100 points lupol is 300/hp/mana more Ranger will have epic profit with spirit potions lol I think you should change lupol to something better ofcourse duration is good but there could be something more usefull and a balanced idea behind it

Id say lupol increase Regen not on all Stats only on those with the most points on it and for ranger voc when they have example 10 vita b and 10 vita a it increase both 50% and for those who have all points vita a or b or w.e it increase 100% example

Vita A- 20 < Lupol will increase it to % on how much lupol you have example u have Vita A 20 points << then u have 5 Lupol it will increase to 25% if you have 10 lupol from the 20 Vita A it will increase to 50% and so on its alot greater :) so when u have 20 lupol and 20 Vita A you will have double regen example u get 20hp all 3 sec so u will get 40hp it could be changed anytime when you think its to good you can also change the regen timer like every 1,5 sec you regen instead of 3 but the half :) and for half half it could be like 10 vita b 10 vita a 20 lupol = vita a and vita b regen both 50% more if you have vita A vita B 10 but only 10 lupol both regen increases to 25%
Lupol- 1 - Increase duration to 5 seconds for each point+ increase regen based on how much points you put in ur favourite Stats.

I also recommend to make lupol duration to 4 or 6 seconds cuz it fit better to the count of regeneration

And when do you implent more Items to drop and for blacksmithing would be great to have more axes for berserker since swordman got so many choices + is it possible to add rawlar or something that drops red dragon leather for the berserker axe would be great tho

I just got an idea about ores that there could be some special ores that can be used like enchanted ones to give the items you craft special attributes randomly or not randomly :) could be also special wood from somewhere :p

Last edited:
But regen is based on the type of food. It's not just if you have food in your belly or not.

If you eat a Salmon you will gain more mana per sec than if you eat a shrimp. same with Meat vs ham vs worm stew.

How do you level? By quests or do you farm alot? I might get some people started who never played tibia before.

How do you level? By quests or do you farm alot? I might get some people started who never played tibia before.
We encourage leveling through questing but if you want to grind you are able to. About people who never played Tibia before, I would recommend they have a little experience with 2d isometric games and the general mechanics of Tibia.
Well giant drone 1 hitted me lol and last time i died while used my pot like i still healed and still died lol was very funny :D u should make bless in main land like lvl 10 1k lvl 20 2k lvl 30 3k I think that will help alot its beta dont need to make high prices maybe when u made items sellable like weapons armor equipment rings etc would be alot easier cuz i drop so much and cant do anything with it besides ripping it in parts where i can get those parts easy from mining & lumberjacking :D

I understand it but how come ppl are immortal by using pots? u made the system lifesteal lol its no wonder with crazy atk speed then u nerfed it example shadowstrikers the problem is example for defenders that make literally no dmg with lvl 20 that takes long time to kill hard mobs and they use pots for like 20 sec they will die asap the CD from pots come in usage and gg U also cant say he need a saint when the ppl in necronia are max 5 online a day lol id say nothing when we had 50 ppl online but thats not the case since I have no teamplay what ever i choosed to take berserker since i can solo alot more with it I also tought about lupol when someone put 100 points in it or 50

Dont you think its op as hell when lupol gives more hp mana trought pots? I mean 100 points lupol is 300/hp/mana more Ranger will have epic profit with spirit potions lol I think you should change lupol to something better ofcourse duration is good but there could be something more usefull and a balanced idea behind it

Id say lupol increase Regen not on all Stats only on those with the most points on it and for ranger voc when they have example 10 vita b and 10 vita a it increase both 50% and for those who have all points vita a or b or w.e it increase 100% example

Vita A- 20 < Lupol will increase it to % on how much lupol you have example u have Vita A 20 points << then u have 5 Lupol it will increase to 25% if you have 10 lupol from the 20 Vita A it will increase to 50% and so on its alot greater :) so when u have 20 lupol and 20 Vita A you will have double regen example u get 20hp all 3 sec so u will get 40hp it could be changed anytime when you think its to good you can also change the regen timer like every 1,5 sec you regen instead of 3 but the half :) and for half half it could be like 10 vita b 10 vita a 20 lupol = vita a and vita b regen both 50% more if you have vita A vita B 10 but only 10 lupol both regen increases to 25%
Lupol- 1 - Increase duration to 5 seconds for each point+ increase regen based on how much points you put in ur favourite Stats.

I also recommend to make lupol duration to 4 or 6 seconds cuz it fit better to the count of regeneration

And when do you implent more Items to drop and for blacksmithing would be great to have more axes for berserker since swordman got so many choices + is it possible to add rawlar or something that drops red dragon leather for the berserker axe would be great tho

I just got an idea about ores that there could be some special ores that can be used like enchanted ones to give the items you craft special attributes randomly or not randomly :) could be also special wood from somewhere :p

There may be a few days before a proper response is given on this matter due to Shiva being away and in charge of balancing.
On the topic of more items being dropped for swordsman and the like, yes, there will be lots more on Avernum. We just haven't been able to yet implement them.

Well why are giant drones so hard? The only thing I can do on main is hunt in sewers since they 1 hit me :C I think the combo that throws you away hits to
We encourage leveling through questing but if you want to grind you are able to. About people who never played Tibia before, I would recommend they have a little experience with 2d isometric games and the general mechanics of Tibia.

There may be a few days before a proper response is given on this matter due to Shiva being away and in charge of balancing.
On the topic of more items being dropped for swordsman and the like, yes, there will be lots more on Avernum. We just haven't been able to yet implement them.

its alright i just wanna give feedback and improve the gameplay :) as long as it will happen :) btw I hope you will lower giant drones burst dmg would be great if melee vocations could hunt them too without getting 1 hitted :p

Sorry, my english isen't that great, do you mean the basic things like spells, walking, looting, hitting, looking etc?
That sort of thing, yes. If they don't really understand those mechanics they will struggle slightly.

Well why are giant drones so hard? The only thing I can do on main is hunt in sewers since they 1 hit me :C I think the combo that throws you away hits to
its alright i just wanna give feedback and improve the gameplay :) as long as it will happen :) btw I hope you will lower giant drones burst dmg would be great if melee vocations could hunt them too without getting 1 hitted :p

Giant drones hit as hard as they do because they are creatures for levels ~50 or more. People requested an area which posed a challenge and we delivered.

That sort of thing, yes. If they don't really understand those mechanics they will struggle slightly.

Giant drones hit as hard as they do because they are creatures for levels ~50 or more. People requested an area which posed a challenge and we delivered.

And where are the lvl20+ mobs cuz vermits are easy as hell and slimes too csnt u put stone golems and earth golems on main with dragons :)

And where are the lvl20+ mobs cuz vermits are easy as hell and slimes too csnt u put stone golems and earth golems on main with dragons :)
They will be added once Shiva is back. We were thinking about either bandits or creatures in the swamps which will be suiting for level ~20s+.

Back