• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Need help with making an ot.

taytay

Reaction score
I'm unfortunately THAT guy, but I would just like to try to understand what it takes to just privately host a real map ot, anywhere from 7.8 - 8.6.
I've managed to setup a standard forgotten server for 10.98 but that was kinda just like plug and play. What I do understand that it just isn't a simple download and run type of thing, so hopefully somebody can just give me a few tips in the right direction so I can figure this out. I'm using windows 10.

Thanks

Its just as simple as you installed your 10.98 server if you have a complete real map which is ready to host, Otherwise you'll have to find a real map data-pack (there are many here and here) and then start checking the data-pack/map by yourself, Add the missing scripts/quests and fix the bugged ones.
No one is going to give you a full real map to download and host, I can just give you those 2 Github repositories where you can find most of quests/areas to add to your server.
For 8.60 I can recommend the map in here but you'll have too many bugged tiles/walls which will cause client to crash and you'll have to fix them one by one or use OTClient.
or Thunderion one in Premium boards (I don't have a link).

Its just as simple as you installed your 10.98 server if you have a complete real map which is ready to host, Otherwise you'll have to find a real map data-pack (there are many here and here) and then start checking the data-pack/map by yourself, Add the missing scripts/quests and fix the bugged ones.
No one is going to give you a full real map to download and host, I can just give you those 2 Github repositories where you can find most of quests/areas to add to your server.
For 8.60 I can recommend the map in here but you'll have too many bugged tiles/walls which will cause client to crash and you'll have to fix them one by one or use OTClient.
or Thunderion one in Premium boards (I don't have a link).
Thanks for the reply! So it's just a matter of changing over map/data packs to get different versions of tibia to work?

Thanks for the reply! So it's just a matter of changing over map/data packs to get different versions of tibia to work?
No, Every data-pack will have source files and maybe pre-compiled binary .exe included for its version or atleast OP who released it will clarify which TFS version its based on so you can just find the source files and compile/use it.
For example the one I linked above, OP clarified that it uses TFS 1.3 so even if it doesn't have the source files/exe included you can find it in the forum and add.
You can't use 10.98 exe/source files to run 7.8/8.6 data-packs/maps.
So briefly, Its the map/source what matters to get different versions, Scripts can still be the same depends on your engine.

Last edited:
No, Every data-pack will have source files and maybe pre-compiled binary .exe included for its version or atleast OP who released it will clarify which TFS version its based on so you can just find the source files and compile/use it.
For example the one I linked above, OP clarified that it uses TFS 1.3 so even if it doesn't have the source files/exe included you can find it in the forum and add.
You can't use 10.98 exe/source files to run 7.8/8.6 data-packs/maps.
So briefly, Its the map/source what matters to get different versions, Scripts can still be same depends on your engine.
Alrighty, hopefully my last question is, where can I find different versions of TFS? some of those data packs ask for 1.3 and 1.4 but i cant find em
Post automatically merged:

Ok quick update, i've learnt a lil about compiling, and that ill get the exe once i compile it. but when i open theforgottenserver.vcxproj in visual studio dont really know what to do. i downloaded git, visual studio, cmake and installed vcpkg

Last edited:
Alrighty, hopefully my last question is, where can I find different versions of TFS? some of those data packs ask for 1.3 and 1.4 but i cant find em

Ok quick update, i've learnt a lil about compiling, and that ill get the exe once i compile it. but when i open theforgottenserver.vcxproj in visual studio dont really know what to do. i downloaded git, visual studio, cmake and installed vcpkg
Once you've opened it in visual studio, you just hit the build button from the main menu. (change for 32 or 64 bit, and change from debug to release, they are easily found option at the top)

Step #5

Once you've opened it in visual studio, you just hit the build button from the main menu. (change for 32 or 64 bit, and change from debug to release, they are easily found option at the top)

Step #5
I get this error when i hit build.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio.hpp': No such file or directory theforgottenserver C:\Users\tayla\OneDrive\Desktop\7.72\src\otpch.h 42

I get this error when i hit build.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio.hpp': No such file or directory theforgottenserver C:\Users\tayla\OneDrive\Desktop\7.72\src\otpch.h 42
You're missing libraries.

Follow step #4 from that link in my last post.

okay that makes sense i knew something was weird about that. I can install those libraries with powershell correct? and where should i install them to
inside the vcpkg folder, I believe

inside the vcpkg folder, I believe
alright thanks a lot. i did try this before but it took ages and then just stopped. will try again and give it a bunch of time.
it also ramps up my cpu which scares me xd. also is this near the end of the setup? or is there still a bunch of stuff left to do lmao

alright thanks a lot. i did try this before but it took ages and then just stopped. will try again and give it a bunch of time.
it also ramps up my cpu which scares me xd
Yeah takes awhile. xP

will it say that its done when its done?

ok my bad for being annoying, it built successfully, now what ? hitting f7 doesnt do anything
Menu at the top should have something to build with. It's not always F7. Sometimes is F6 or F5.
Untitled.png

ah, thats already done. i have the exe now but it doesnt open
You'll want to setup your database and website at this point, and put the details into your config.lua

For uniserver, you might encounter issues with the most up-to-date version. idk if it's been fixed yet or not.
If you do run into an issue, find the XIV version online somewhere, and use that one.

for website, I suggest znote.

For 'server files' don't download the one's suggested, just move your .exe and all .dll files into the main directory, outside of the /data folder, to make it look like the picture.

You'll want to setup your database and website at this point, and put the details into your config.lua

For uniserver, you might encounter issues with the most up-to-date version. idk if it's been fixed yet or not.
If you do run into an issue, find the XIV version online somewhere, and use that one.

for website, I suggest znote.

For 'server files' don't download the one's suggested, just move your .exe and all .dll files into the main directory, outside of the /data folder, to make it look like the picture.
getting so close now lol, does xampp not work for this? with xampp closed, the exe will load and then close because it cant connect the database, but with xampp open and the database uploaded the exe just quickly closes itself

getting so close now lol, does xampp not work for this? with xampp closed, the exe will load and then close because it cant connect the database, but with xampp open and the database uploaded the exe just quickly closes itself
Do you have an older computer?

You might be having the same issue as I did previously.

Do you have an older computer?

You might be having the same issue as I did previously.
no my computer is pretty good. i7 8700k processor 32gb ram ddr4 1070ti gpu

Back