• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Need your feedback on rates!

J.Dre

Unity Games
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

I’m looking for experience rate suggestions. The host will be paid for annually (12 months) with no intention of resetting. It will be online for at least one year, probably longer, so I need lower rates. Please use these stages as a guideline:

Code:
1-8
9-24
25-49
50-74
75-99
100+

More information: Need your feedback on rates! (https://otland.net/threads/need-your-feedback-on-rates.271046/#post-2611013)

You’re welcome to change them. Please keep the stage intervals minimal. I don’t want 20 lines in my stages file with decimals, etc. Give me some suggestions! :)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Damn, I was waiting for someone to put out a 7.7 map. You gotta keep the stages as low as possible or even put a static 1-2x exp. You don't want people to rush above 100+ within a few weeks if you never intend to reset.

PS; when is it coming online?

Last edited:
Damn, I was waiting for someone to put out a 7.7 map. You gotta keep the stages as low as possible or even put a static 1-2x exp. You don't want people to rush above 100+ within a few weeks if you never intend to reset.

PS; when is it coming online?

July, I hope. :) I considered a static rate or beginning with 3x and going down to 1x. Perhaps:

3x 8-29
2x 30-74
1x 75+

Rookgaard will exist but I will offer the ability to skip it and go straight to mainland with a level 8 and a basic equipment set, and players may speak to the NPC in the temple to receive a package with fluids, food, etc. No gold will be given to avoid abuse.

Last edited:
Rookgaard will exist but I will offer the ability to skip it and go straight to mainland with a level 8 and a basic equipment set, and players may speak to the NPC in the temple to receive a package with fluids, food, etc. No gold will be given to avoid abuse.
If they can grab fluids, it is already a valuable resource. Only the character is already a strong resource, because people can use to block areas, feed kills and mess with PvP.

If they can grab fluids, it is already a valuable resource. Only the character is already a strong resource, because people can use to block areas, feed kills and mess with PvP.

Good point. May have to reconsider that. Thank you! I’m developing a project that people can actually invest time in and depend on.

Good rates, will you have tasks? If yes, make sure you check every task so that it is not overpowered with the reward.
I think a new topic in the discussion thread with some sneak peaks etc, an official thread with what is going to happen to get people to notice the server.

Good rates, will you have tasks? If yes, make sure you check every task so that it is not overpowered with the reward.
I think a new topic in the discussion thread with some sneak peaks etc, an official thread with what is going to happen to get people to notice the server.

Yes, there will be tasks and the stamina bonus. As well as other bonus exp events, etc. I’ll make a discussion thread after testing is done.

As of now, I intend on testing for a week with a static rate of x2 for everything, and a custom gold & loot rate. And then another test with stages starting at x3.

Edit: With a static skill rate and magic rate, I may adjust the default attack speed by a quarter second (25% faster), to account for the magic rates always so easily passing, to try and even them out. We’ll be testing all of this.

Last edited:
I'm planning to set up a low rate server also. Here are my suggestion rates:
Lua:
1-8                         - 1x (custom? exp from quests to finish rookgard?)
9-24                        - 5x
25-49                       - 4x
50-74                       - 3x
75-99                       - 2.25x
100+                        - 1.5x

+50% for first 2-3 stamina hours

Me and a friend were playing real tibia recently, and having the extra experience rate for early levels was kind of a double edged sword.

Sure, we leveled quick.. but our skills/gear/money quickly fell behind.
So we ended up in a weird territory where we were level 60, but were only around a level 35-40 in actual power.
And our skills were dreadfully low for our level. So we could effectively brute force scenario's using potions, but it was really costly to do so.

Idk, it was just really weird.
Although, we had also put self-restrictions on ourselves with 'solo self found only', as if we were the top level players on the server, so we had to loot and do quests in order to obtain better armor / weapons.
Honestly, if we hadn't of put that restriction on ourselves, it probably would have felt even worse, since all of our money literally only went to supplies and not to armor upgrades.

🤷‍♀️

I don't know if that helps any, but that's the only self experience I can provide.

Back