• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nelvara - Reset and Update Discussion

We've talked about spell enchantments (especially for druids and sorcerers, we'll start there), now here is an example of that kind of functionality. :)

Terra strike (exori tera):
sNZml7B.png

Flame strike (exori flam):
W8ddxiA.png

Since equipment such as armors, shields, etc.. are now enchantable, what are you able to enchant them with? I can't really see weapon enchantments fitting onto armors. Could we get some more information on this?

Some enchants for equipment are max mana/health, mana/health regeneration, burning flesh, bonus skill/magic level.

Some enchants for equipment are max mana/health, mana/health regeneration, burning flesh, bonus skill/magic level.
Perhaps it would be pretty cool to have some spell enhancers for equipment. I know that this is already planned for mage weapon enchantments as shown above, but it seems rather lame to limit it only to mages. It will benifit mages most since they are more spell based, but it would still be cool to see spell enchantments for other classes as well.

Also I never really played the server so I'm not exactly sure how the enchantment system works on here. If you don't mind explaining it, it would be pretty helpful! I know that you can find weapons with enchantments, but are you able to put enchantments on blank weapons?

Perhaps it would be pretty cool to have some spell enhancers for equipment. I know that this is already planned for mage weapon enchantments as shown above, but it seems rather lame to limit it only to mages. It will benifit mages most since they are more spell based, but it would still be cool to see spell enchantments for other classes as well.

Also I never really played the server so I'm not exactly sure how the enchantment system works on here. If you don't mind explaining it, it would be pretty helpful! I know that you can find weapons with enchantments, but are you able to put enchantments on blank weapons?
Knights and paladins will get spell enchantments as well, for sure man. You can read about the equipment enchantment system here, none of the spell enchantments are added to this list yet though.

Knights and paladins will get spell enchantments as well, for sure man. You can read about the equipment enchantment system here, none of the spell enchantments are added to this list yet though.
Very nice job on updating it. :) I really like how the gems have the random effect on them. This way you can't just easily get the equipment you want, but instead requires you to work long and hard.
I also feel this could boost the trading economy because the item you get might not be very good for your vocation, but really good for another vocation. So you might end up selling it to someone or trading it for an another item.

This is looking so gooood. I'm full on pitching a tent here if you get what I mean. On a serious note though, enhancing paladin spells; do you have any ideas so far? Personally it feels like it's the class that would benefit the least from them, aside from maybe self healing, their strike spells aren't too important to them and pretty weak probably even when enhanced. So I was wondering what you guys have planned for that.

We've talked about spell enchantments (especially for druids and sorcerers, we'll start there), now here is an example of that kind of functionality. :)
Would the strike spell enchantments boost all forms of strike spells(Normal, gran and max) or just the normal ones?

This is looking so gooood. I'm full on pitching a tent here if you get what I mean. On a serious note though, enhancing paladin spells; do you have any ideas so far? Personally it feels like it's the class that would benefit the least from them, aside from maybe self healing, their strike spells aren't too important to them and pretty weak probably even when enhanced. So I was wondering what you guys have planned for that.
Since paladins don't have too much damage on spells maybe utility upgrades? Slows, roots, knock backs and so forth?

Since paladins don't have too much damage on spells maybe utility upgrades? Slows, roots, knock backs and so forth?

Sounds really cool, but incredibly hard to balance. Part of a druids strength is having paralyze, giving one to a Paladin means they're less unique. Roots and stuns sound straight up overpowered on Tibia, I don't know. But for a game to be healthy there needs to be counterplay, you can't counterplay being stunned and dying in the 1 - 2 seconds it lasts. A root seems like a very strong paralyze (should still allow healing though, so that might be alright). Knockback; my favorite idea, good for PvE, not too broken for PvP sounds like something you'd like to have but not like something that would dominate everyone.

Loving the updates. :D I loved the previous system as a knight, but must admit other vocations didn't get as much love. This will hopefully make the game much more fun for everyone. I think the most fun aspect of this OT was enchantments, so integrating that system even deeper into the game mechanics seems like a very fun idea.

Experimenting with enchantments.
Finding out great synergies.
The best weapon in the game is one unique weapon not something that is only farmed and looted.
New top tier weapons always being created. You can have the best weapon in-game in terms of dps, but the next day someone else have made something even more awesome. <--- Even after half a year, someone have the potential of creating the ultimate weapon that surpasses everything.

This, along with a great community and a custom map, is one of the reasons I love this server. :)

It would be great if you could find a good way to re-introduce runes to the game. I don't remember seeing HMM runes ever being used. (or whatever it is called in these modern days :p)

I will probably start playing again if I have the time.

I have a suggestion to make. I know that previously when I suggested custom monsters it was deny due the amount of time needed to create them. I never said you had to make every single monster custom! I know that if you tried to replace all standard monsters with custom ones then it would take ages. What I meant to say was that it would be nice to add in custom monsters along with the regular ones. Surely it can't be THAT hard to add in a few custom monsters here and there. Especially since there is an enchantment system on here, I feel like the monsters will eventually be too easy. This is where custom monsters come in and fulfill that hole.

If that still fails to happen then I have another suggestion. I noticed on the website that there is a rare spawn such as an Esmeralda, which is pretty cool. What I would like to see is for there to be a rare monster created for each major hunting spot. I know for a fact that I will get bored very quick hunting standard monsters, but if I know there is a chance for rare monsters to spawn, it would keep me somewhat entertained. It would be even more awesome if these rare monsters dropped unique valuable that can't be found anywhere else. Another idea is to add in mini-bosses that are triggered by monster kill. For after X amount of dragon lords are killed, the boss demodras is spawned.

I just want something to be added in so that hunting standard monsters has more of an adventure. I want to be able to enjoy the server when it is released but I have a feeling standard monsters will be the end of me.

Also I must ask, does a "world drop" mean a drop that can found from any monster?

I have a suggestion to make. I know that previously when I suggested custom monsters it was deny due the amount of time needed to create them. I never said you had to make every single monster custom! I know that if you tried to replace all standard monsters with custom ones then it would take ages. What I meant to say was that it would be nice to add in custom monsters along with the regular ones. Surely it can't be THAT hard to add in a few custom monsters here and there. Especially since there is an enchantment system on here, I feel like the monsters will eventually be too easy. This is where custom monsters come in and fulfill that hole.

If that still fails to happen then I have another suggestion. I noticed on the website that there is a rare spawn such as an Esmeralda, which is pretty cool. What I would like to see is for there to be a rare monster created for each major hunting spot. I know for a fact that I will get bored very quick hunting standard monsters, but if I know there is a chance for rare monsters to spawn, it would keep me somewhat entertained. It would be even more awesome if these rare monsters dropped unique valuable that can't be found anywhere else. Another idea is to add in mini-bosses that are triggered by monster kill. For after X amount of dragon lords are killed, the boss demodras is spawned.

I just want something to be added in so that hunting standard monsters has more of an adventure. I want to be able to enjoy the server when it is released but I have a feeling standard monsters will be the end of me.

Also I must ask, does a "world drop" mean a drop that can found from any monster?
First suggestion: it's not impossible that this will happen. But don't expect anything soon.

Second suggestion: as you might have guessed, there's not only the rare spawn Esmeralda that's lurking in the game-world, but still it's called rare spawn for a reason - they're rare. About the mini-boss per X killed monster, that gave me a pretty cool idea man. I hope we'll get time to implement something like this! :)

World drops: yes, any monster can drop any of these world drop items.

Do you plan on changing anything about fishing? I know most people don't even think about it, but I like it and do it in my free time, and one thing bothering my mind is the fact that you don't gain fishing lvl every try on catching a fish, but only on the successful ones. It slows down leveling up and also takes away the mechanic of being able to tell if there's a fish on the sqm you try to fish on. Sorry for my English, it's not my native language. Thanks in advance for the response.

Last edited:
I hope you're not active in forums and on your site because you're working so hard on this reset, not because you gave up. I'm still very hyped for it and can't wait, and I know I'm not the only one. Let's go ;)!

I think the exp rates are perfect to be honest. 2x last time is what made me not play it for V2. (although, I know there's more ways to earn exp than just grinding monsters) The exp rate ensures people can easily get to 40~ then slow down afterward, as you need to get runes and such anyway to hunt what you want to hunt - or new equipment for paladins/knights. I believe it's perfect, and i'll play when it's opened again with all the new things taken into consideration. Good luck!

Edit : ABOUT the weapon enchantments for "Exori Tera + 8" - does that just add roughly 8 damage to the final damage outcome, or is each +1 = to like X amount of damage? Say +1 = 3 damage, would +8 = 24 extra damage on exori tera, or simply just 8 damage?

Lifer420 said:
Edit : ABOUT the weapon enchantments for "Exori Tera + 8" - does that just add roughly 8 damage to the final damage outcome, or is each +1 = to like X amount of damage? Say +1 = 3 damage, would +8 = 24 extra damage on exori tera, or simply just 8 damage?
If I have to guess it's either +X damage or +X% damage, linear or scaling. +8 damage would be useless later on in the game :D

I think its healing and damage increase, I would assume that it somehow scales on ML. And the Flam looks to have an aoe effect.

Not sure I like the healing part tho..

Can only hope the waiting pays off. I'll be sad if Nelvara never gets the reset-update. :rolleyes:

Back