• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nelvara Team preparing for launch[Five years of development]Custom 10.34

David Lättman

Nelvara Staff
Reaction score
Nelvara (website prototype)

Nelvara (also known as Trollserv) is a huge project and have existed for five years. We are proud to announce that our server will be up and running in a matter of weeks.
(release date 14th of march)
Server information
•Experience rate: x6
•Loot: x2
•Client: 10.34
•Map: Custom map, mostly ownmapped but also map pieces from OTLand.net mappers who've shared their work with the public.
•Overall style: RPG/world pvp, adventure, unique hunting, unique quests, rare weapons, party hunts, guild communities.

General information
•All mounts obtainable - plus some extra goodies.
•Special designed addon quests - both gathering- and questline-style.
•Epic scripts - Scripted boss monsters, enhanced fishing system, world first achievements...
•Survive or Die (SoD) - Team up with the servers high end players to fight side by side, how long will you be able to survive?
•Rare weapon mods - Every dropped weapon will able to drop as a rare weapon with a set of unique modifiers applied to them that can be useful in a lot of different scenarios . Exemplification: "mana on hit", "chain on enemies", "challenge creature", "heal".

World minimap
N_V8JV.png

Are you ready?

If you like custom servers, join Nelvara!

Last edited:
For a server you put 5 years of development it is a weak thread. I mean, give us more details!! On 5 years, you should have time to do aloooot :)

Yeah you should go in depth about the spells, monsters, how the custom features work, etc... add some pizzazz to the post! Nonetheless it still looks nice!

For a server that has been in development for five years this looks awfully unprofessional. With how much work you say you've put into it you should put the proper amount of work into the advertisement thread. For example; Necronia's Discussion Thread (Necronia itself is 4 years old, Necronia NW is about 3 years old). I know it took Shiva a day or two to create this. It shouldn't take you much longer granted on if you have someone do it for you.

Glad to see some response.

We have two reasons for not going into further details:

First of all we want the players to discover Nelvara's secrets by themselves.

The other reason is that we dont want other servers/developers to take our ideas and specialties.

@Dark199 Also note that we haven't worked with the server for five years in a row, we've had our ups and downs. Worth mention is that if everyone would have the same layout and structure as Necronia, Otland would be a very dusty place. It feels like your post is all about breaking down our server to lift up Necronia, please stick to Necronia's discussion thread if you want to advertise.

Last edited:
Im glad that more custom servers are coming out, but keeping everything too "selfish" will only hit you back since we all want to see atleast a few things. A teaser is ment to tease and not give full information, also, OT will always copy and thats one of the good things actually. You could however tease/show more right before its started, if someone copy you then, you'd still be the first and might have the best for some time.

The current point with this thread is sadly none except telling us that something is coming up and we can't know anything about it.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

First i'll start with saying: +1 for creating a costum ot server!

But secondly your advertising thread needs some work, this is something i see in a lot of servers: the advertising is almost none excisting or very bad of quality. The costum comminity is small as it is ,so to reach out to as many people as possibe you'll need to make a decent advertising/discussion thread. I like that you made an intro movie but make it more exciting... maybe end with some cool boss or something like that something that people will remember!

Also you say that you don't want people to know everything allready and explore for themselves BUT you show the entire minimap allready...

My advice to you is:
* Give us some more details about the server , the special systems (not going into detail or something just some little teaser this way no one will copy ur work)
*Remove minimap from the thread and replace it with some cool ingame pictures
*give some idea about the degree of costumness: costum monsters/sprites/items/vocs and so on

Last but definetly not least: I don't know how long you've been around here but don't say a bad word about Necronia! if you're server ever gets near the epicness/costumness that server promises you can call yourself truly bliss.

Good luck with your server!
i'll definetly try it out when it releases

Kind regards,
Hehemidu

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys. I have added overall explanations to the general information topics. Also, a bit more interesting world minimap will get to you soon! :)

We have a question for you guys; what experience levels would you like to see in a long lasting custom server such as this?

Glad too see some effort there, you're learning. <Thumbs Up>

We have now got to see the map and a couple of notes thats special, but not much.
I personaly want the custom server community to GROW, but in order to get that, we need to show pictures, write information etc. I can imagine that alot of people would like to play custom servers but doesn't really find alot of good ones. 5 years of work? THEN SHOW! :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

PS: You might want to remove you're comment about Necronia unless you want to look like a real fool. Im also a custom developer but Necronia will be hard to beat.

@Up, I've always played Necronia - it is one of the best custom OTs that ever existed. My point was that it would look rather boring if every thread looked the same as the Necronia thread. Not that their thread is bad in any way.

@Up, I've always played Necronia - it is one of the best custom OTs that ever existed. My point was that it would look rather boring if every thread looked the same as the Necronia thread. Not that their thread is bad in any way.
do you know what boring means ..?

but i also agree on a separate note though, Necronia's thread is too much. regular player could easily feel overwhelmed and not even try it

The point for me to point out Necronia's thread was not to host an advertisement or to tell you to create a replica on your server thread, but more to tell you the concept. A concept that is clear, concise, and right to the point. I see that you've done a better job than before and having it look much more professional. Also, what is the aim of your server? A focus on PvP, becoming the best, or something you haven't told us yet? I'm sorry if I made it seem that I was indirectly advertising Necronia, it is one of the few servers that I immediately thought of that had an extraordinarily well done thread.

I think I might do answer that Dark199, since I am part of the Nelvara team as well. Tbh I think the goal will differ from player to player. Some will aim for becoming the best, alone or with a guild - I think that is a cool goal. Some will enjoy the exploring of things and solving riddles - go be the in-game wiki! And for some it will be all about the building of the character, get those levels, get that uniquely perfect equipment for your vocation and role and just enjoy the game.

The Nelvara team have always loved RP, so that is where our hearts always will be. :)

Back