• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Ascalon World [8.70|Custom|RPG|Mid-exp] - IS ONLINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the teleport system you got man :D
Realy nice ot,good job :D

Really nice Server man!!!
so much new nice things :DD!

dunno why this server got 20-30 ppl online it should be bigger :s
too much dumb ppl playin rl ots tho :I

New huge update is out!

Note! This patch is not extending level cap as everyone expected, I'm sorry for this, but I need some more days to finish. Anyway I hope you will be satisfied with today's update, I tried my best.

Overall game changes:
  • Promotions are available! Promotion quest is located to the north from Gargoyles[L.260] spawn; (There are not a lot done for promoted vocations, but thats a nice base for next patches.)
  • South city part was opened; Keep in mind, its very basic yet, this game stage is far from being completed.
  • New monster: Dark Lord[L.320], Wyrm[L.320]. (I am sorry, but there are no big quests on new areas released, they will come in the upcoming minor patch.)
  • Mages and Archers receiving a little bit more damage to manashields now. (before this patch, extra-damage was working only in pvp, now it affects any source of damage).
  • Fixed an critical bug, when mana potions were NOT affected by healing bonus :) Sorry dear mages. Healing bonus(mod) is still not affecting lifesteal/vampiric.
  • Revised some random chests rewards, to stay close to current level requirement of items(watch down).
  • Ability stones now display their names properly when you trading them.
  • Fixed the bug, when after equipping both guardian items(guardian amulet and armor) and later de-equipping one of them, passive refused to work on the item which stayed equipped.
  • Armor and Resistance blocking damage increased for ~10%.
  • Minor fixes(not upgradeable unique weapons, lizards corpses, pvp arena, proper online players count for otservlist, some fixes and changes to defense event, fixed some spots which were abuseable by pzlocked players and more...)

Monsters changes:
  • Whole monsters loot rebalanced, overall drop rate was increased, for items, gems and ability stones.
  • Level 45-75 monsters: Grade 2 weapons and items starting to be lootable from level 45 monsters since now. Level 75 monsters are the last ones which drop G2 items(chances were also revised, to make overall changes balanced).
  • Level 100-150 monsters drop G3 items now.
  • Level 150-240 monsters drop G4 items.
  • Level 260-320 monsters drop G5 items.

Items changes:
  • Since now, all items with grade above 1 got level requirement. Level requirements: Grade 2 - 75 level, grade 3 - 125 level, grade 4 - 190 level, grade 5 - 265 level, grade 6(not ingame yet) - 350 level. However thats not a strict level requirement, means everyone can use ANY item, but there is penalty - 1% for every 2 levels of level difference for items stats. Example: In case youre going to use grade 4 item on level 100, that item will have 45% penalty to its stats(attack, defense, magic defense, armor, resistance). Penalty DO NOT affect inserted stones except armor/resistance ones.
  • Total rebalance of item prices, most of the prices were lowered. Changed the price formula of upgraded items; insterted ability stones are not counted into price.
  • Default G4 items got NO passive abilities anymore (Archers and Mage passives were honestly bad. And well, I had my own reasons to do it)
  • Grade 3 weapons base attack decreased to 180 from 200.
  • Grade 4 weapons basic damage value was lowered to 260 from 275.
  • Armor and Resistance on G4 items was increased a little bit.
  • Fixed Lucky Clover amulet(passive repelling working now).
  • Guardian Angel base armor and resistance was increased a little bit, as its still a G3 armor, on level 200(G4) monsters area.
  • Guardian amulet now provide 15 armor and resistance.

Ability stones changes:
  • Ability stones of health regeneration, mana regeneration, dodge, repelling and speed, now based on grade of item on which they were used. Means that ability stone insterted in higher grade equipments provides more bonus than same ability stone insterted into item with lower grade.
  • Changes of ability stones of Maximum Mana and Health. Now they also dependant on items grade(1.2 + grade * 0.2 % of maximum mana or health). Also, they were providing a 'wrongly' working bonus to healing and mana restore; now that bonus is working properly and clearly stated:((grade * 0.1)% to healing or restoring effects(now it affects any healing or restoring effects, just like healing bonus(mod)).

Ability stones changes:
  • Huge(!!!) experimental changes to engine, which should burst performance a lot(lowered memory usage by server by ~200%, remade how some basics functions like combats, potions, conditions are working, pre-made of some new features which are going to be released in future patches). Those changes are pretty experimental, as I'm not sure about that I tested everything, so keep your eyes open for strange game behaviors.

update1.jpg

update2.jpg

Last edited:
nice! YOu think you will ever put chasm online again, i miss that ot more then you can imagine.

I liked Chasm alot more, tbh. I think the beginning parts of Ascalon are very boring. I am sure its more fun as you level up though, and I don't really wanna pay money to an ot to have outfits, beable to mount, premium? lol no thanks.

I liked Chasm alot more, tbh. I think the beginning parts of Ascalon are very boring. I am sure its more fun as you level up though, and I don't really wanna pay money to an ot to have outfits, beable to mount, premium? lol no thanks.
Chasm was better in 2008, now its much worse than Ascalon, trust me. What does you mean, as 'beginning parts'? Level 1-25 which takes you 10 minutes? or? :D And actually noone forcing you to 'pay' -.- Or you mean that you want to get DONATION SWORD with 500 attack instead of premium ?:)

What does you mean, as 'beginning parts'? Level 1-25 which takes you 10 minutes?

I guess he meant leveling up.
Personally I think it's too repetitive too, the playstyle is damn inflexible, but again - that's my opinion, and yours might differ.

I liked Chasm alot more, tbh. I think the beginning parts of Ascalon are very boring.
True, lol. How spamming all the time pots and spell could be funny? Also that's impossible to waste money, i really don't worry about pots or sth. It's possible to just run bot and let him spam all the time health pot :S I'm stuck at 62 cuz i don't see any reason to exp and it's so boring. Getting one shoted by mob while exploring - that's not hard, you can't avoid it, it's only annoying.

Last edited:
Fare I mean to give no disrespect to your server, its terrific, all I am saying is I'd like to beable to do addon quests and get the items to gain addons without paying, it's why I started playing OT in the first place.

Some people just dont have patient with leveling.
You need to have patient, once you get a bit higher level you will see how awesome the server is.
Stop thinking that you will get 1 level after a monster.
You dont need to donate to get high level, many high levels on the ot haven't donated at all. Ask them yourself if you think im lieing.
Its a really awesome ot.

Well I atleast respect the criticism and feedback that I see, and Fare can learn about it, but you have to understand that some people like to hunt for some time etc. and other don't so he has to find a balance between it, but Ascalon is young and still full of updates every couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.