• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Ascalon World [8.70|Custom|RPG|Mid-exp] - IS ONLINE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys Share your Ideas please, what do you wanna have in a donation-Shop.

A house.100+sqm to buy with trainers.inside and some npcs? :)

Different backpacks for each vocation like

Backpack of Wisdom(Arm+10) (Mage) (32 slots) magic lvl +5 increased loot.rate 0.5% and mana regen 100 hp regen 20 all 2 seconds.

Backpack of Defense (Arm +20) (Knights) (32 slots) axe,shielding,sword,club +5 increased loot.rate 0.5% hp regen 100 mana regen 20 all 2 seconds

Backpack of Precision (Arm +15) (Pallys) (32 slots) +5 distance increased.loot.rate 0.5% and mana regen 60 and hp regen
60 .

Only for donors and also make such backpacks ingame but.with lower stats

We also have arrow slot.items ingame reach able trought quests.

So more ideas? :D

Only for donors and also make such backpacks ingame but.with lower stats

The server has never had donation items that would give the player a in-game (big) advantage in a pvp battle. I hope it stays that way.

I don't like the whole private house NPC and trainers thing, you would still need Soul Points for trainers, so that would be a waste of time, and maybe a potion NPC with like 5-10% discount on potions/supplies would be cool.
& the backpack stats seem pretty high to me, but some kind of enchanted backpack would be awesome

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like the whole private house NPC and trainers thing, you would still need Soul Points for trainers, so that would be a waste of time, and maybe a potion NPC with like 5-10% discount on potions/supplies would be cool.
& the backpack stats seem pretty high to me, but some kind of enchanted backpack would be awesome

If it becomes p2w then I'm done with the server. What I liked about the server was that no matter how much you donated it wouldn't make you better than anyone else. I just get so tired of rich kids who think there're good because they can donate a ton of money on a server. The only donation I could think of right now would be a premium benefit, if donations items are added in pvp won't be fair/fun so I won't play.

just put some outfits (hero priestess pirate elf) cheaper pots like joshua said (5-10%) and maybe bps with shitloads of space but not faster regen or anyshit that would be unfair

Those backpacks seem ridiculously beneficial, best items ingame shouldn't be donation items. Perhaps give the option to have somewhat beneficial items that can be used at an earlier level to get you started, but can't be compared with the much more beneficial items you'll have to work for later in the game.

Each donation item should be considered as a luxury and shouldn't seperate donation players from non donation players in the end game. This is pretty important considering that this serever is to be a RPG and ones items and skills etc. should be worked for.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a little Sneack Peack by fare :)
Awesome gear *-*
View attachment 20370

From the looks of this, is the server going to have tier'd equipment? :eek:

Last edited:
Those backpacks seem ridiculously beneficial, best items ingame shouldn't be donation items. Perhaps give the option to have somewhat beneficial items that can be used at an earlier level to get you started, but can't be compared with the much more beneficial items you'll have to work for later in the game.

Each donation item should be considered as a luxury and shouldn't seperate donation players from non donation players in the end game. This is pretty important considering that this serever is to be a RPG and ones items and skills etc. should be worked for.

- - - Updated - - -

From the looks of this, is the server going to have tier'd equipment? :eek:

It isn't exactly tier, there is Grade equipment, Grade 1, Grade 2 .. etc. I would give more info on the whole item set up and what not, but I don't know what's being changed.
& Shunner, He never said anything about him being the admin, he is just trying to round up some ideas for Fare. So sir, "u are idiot."

Well, so far...I guess there wont be premium option for donors(it gonna be ingame obtainable, as with premium available only by donating, we are forcing players to pay, even if small amount, while donations must be voluntary). But I'm surely will add something valuable to donation shop, and this time donators gonna have more benefits, for sure. I'm done with working for free, its not helping. I will surely make donation features to not break ingame balance, but donors gonna have benefits. Thats for sure.

Honestly, every time I start a donation-free server, everyone says its cool, but there are no players, aswell as no profit, while every popular server runs a tons of donation options and noone complains. Right now, Ascalon costed XX months of full-time development and I think that I must get paid for my work. I really want to get Ascalon into a mainstream of open tibia, and I need money for this. So, there will be a donations(no items, but still some minor improvements), however I can vouche that it won't mess the balance.

Last edited:
Well, so far...I guess there wont be premium option for donors(it gonna be ingame obtainable). But I'm surely will add something valuable to donation shop, and this time donators gonna have more benefits, for sure. I'm done with working for free, its not helping. I will surely make donation features to not break ingame balance, but donors gonna have benefits. Thats for sure.

Honestly, every time I start a donation-free server, everyone says its cool, but there are no players, aswell as no profit, while every popular server runs a tons of donation options and noone complains. Right now, Ascalon costed XX months of full-time development and I think that I must get paid for my work. I really want to get Ascalon into a mainstream of open tibia, and I need money for this. So, there will be a donations(no items, but still some minor improvements), however I can vouche that it won't mess the balance.

I know that feeling mehz ;(
Best you can do is whatyou already said ;P
Goodluck

Wow calling me an idiot :D boss like :0 Its just an idea i didnt explained all that with trainers in house is the same as u.go to the tp and train there but u have them in your.house and it also costs soul and about.those
Backpack stats its just a way it could be then maken it 20/20 regen i dont care its just an Idea lol guys dont get mad lmao :D

Premium mounts.
Larger houses only for premium players.
Upgradeable equipment, people can purchase an item which upgrades one piece of equipment (also able to get in-game via a hard way).
That scepter you had was a nice feature.

Good luck.

Upgradeable equipment, people can purchase an item which upgrades one piece of equipment (also able to get in-game via a hard way).

I disagree strongly with that; the power of the player in this server is strongly dependent on the grade -tier- of your item. At the first few weeks of Ascalon, every player was really exited when a new grade 2 or 3 was looted. When somebody can just buy a 'upgrade' on a piece of equipment, then this will disappear of course. At Ascalon, grades are hard to get but also make a noticeable difference. When a level 30 has a grade 5 weapon, it will over-power a level 50 that is still at grade 2 or 3, or even 4.

Concerning donation items, I think Fare made the exact right choices for Ascalon. All the items introduced such as a wand that will sell your loot, or being able to use certain waypoints -yes, there are waypoints like in Diablo!- are perfectly balancing between noticeable difference and overpowerment. Fare has always known this to work for Ascalon, and I am sure that he will make the right choices again.

I disagree strongly with that; the power of the player in this server is strongly dependent on the grade -tier- of your item. At the first few weeks of Ascalon, every player was really exited when a new grade 2 or 3 was looted. When somebody can just buy a 'upgrade' on a piece of equipment, then this will disappear of course. At Ascalon, grades are hard to get but also make a noticeable difference. When a level 30 has a grade 5 weapon, it will over-power a level 50 that is still at grade 2 or 3, or even 4.
On the old Ascalon you needed certain level to use better equipment, so even if level 30 would have G5 weapon he wouldn't be able to use it. Anyway I see where you're coming from.

Concerning donation items, I think Fare made the exact right choices for Ascalon. All the items introduced such as a wand that will sell your loot, or being able to use certain waypoints -yes, there are waypoints like in Diablo!- are perfectly balancing between noticeable difference and overpowerment. Fare has always known this to work for Ascalon, and I am sure that he will make the right choices again.

I gotta agree, the first weeks of Ascalon BACK WHEN the grades were HARD to loot, that was when looting them was fun.
With the updates before it closed though, the grades were made way easier to loot, which made it just too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.