• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion New board - Buy & Sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnerandy

Experienced Web Design'er
Reaction score
Hello!

I've been wondering a while now and many people have got infractions because of the selling. So why dont make a new board where you can sell your work or even buy work from other members.

OTLand will not help anybody if you get in trouble (if you get scammed), so it's on your own risk.

Regards,
Andy.

Or Talaturen buy the code that Archez is doing. I guess more people would use it here then if Archez hosted it himself

I disagree, this would just create spam everywhere with crying children spamming they got scammed and want their things back..

I disagree, this would just create spam everywhere with crying children spamming they got scammed and want their things back..

That's their own problem :) They risked and as I said, it's on your own risk if you buy anything and OTLand will not help you to get your things back.

Don't agree with idea. It would cause problems, especially if people are scamming each other constantly.

Well, this have been voted down. Please check the other "free forum" thread and you will find several reasons.

It's probably not all about the fact to prevent people from getting scammed/getting otland involved in scams. It's more about OTland not becoming some marketplace but stays a nice community. Use vapus if you want to sell things and if you think it's empty, add your stuff and people will start using for sure!

It's more about OTland not becoming some marketplace but stays a nice community. Use vapus if you want to sell things and if you think it's empty, add your stuff and people will start using for sure!

Agreed.

It will eventually ruin OTLand and over time completely change "OPEN" tibia.

I disagree. Otland allows you to advertise what your selling and buying in signatures (so I've seen). There is no reason to allow this on the boards or have a separate board. You could definitely see complaints in Feedback about being scammed, and gives a bigger opportunity to scam people, and create multiple accounts to scam.

This will just cause chaos and a headache to go.

I am surprised that Talaturen hasn't closed this yet. :p

I support this, to prevent scamming just make people approved by moderators before they're allowed to post. If they scam you, do a chargeback, report and move on. Even 0.4dev costs money, elf war system costs money, look at the job section, almost everybody hiring (that isn't a junk server) is offering money for somebody's service, they just don't say how much and what they want exactly.

Agreed.

It will eventually ruin OTLand and over time completely change "OPEN" tibia.

I find it kind of funny you say this will ruin open tibia, but in your signature you want 300 euro for a rl map server and 100 euro for a rl map...

The thing is, nobody is going to spend days coding a great server to hand it out for free, we ALL need spare pocket change, why not make a moderated sub-forum?

I support this, to prevent scamming just make people approved by moderators before they're allowed to post. If they scam you, do a chargeback, report and move on. Even 0.4dev costs money, elf war system costs money, look at the job section, almost everybody hiring (that isn't a junk server) is offering money for somebody's service, they just don't say how much and what they want exactly.

I find it kind of funny you say this will ruin open tibia, but in your signature you want 300 euro for a rl map server and 100 euro for a rl map...

The thing is, nobody is going to spend days coding a great server to hand it out for free, we ALL need spare pocket change, why not make a moderated sub-forum?

Thank you ^_^

My signature has nothing to do with this. It isn't going to have hundreds, even thousands of threads selling things in this community.
I don't want to ruin OtLand, so nothing is really funny. As far as I am concerned, signature advertisement/selling is allowed.

Just because 0.4 is only available to Donators/Premium Users, it does not mean that it cost money, they keep it in the Donators Board because if they where to release an unstable REV, would you have any Idea how much n00bs would spam the board with "Fix this", this crashed", "this just debugged", etc. it would be mayhemand even in Donator's board it still gets spammed with n00by premmy users).

He also uses VAPus Store(I believe it's better than to sell it through a PM or MSN to someone that seems Dubious!) and no one can scam you there or be scammed since the contents are uploaded to the server(and maybe verified to see if it's legit what he is selling).

I agree with Realsoft about making a subforum with a link to VAPus Store.

Request denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back