• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New computer, need some help

loza

Oldschool
Reaction score
I'm planing to buy new CPU and I've found the i3 is really good for me but i don't know which motherboard support it and which is better so i need some help. also i'll use to get 8GB DDR3

I wouldn't buy i3 as it is already outdated when you buy it. Always buy the just released hardware for a new computer, so your computer isn't outdated when you just bought it lol

I'm planing to buy new CPU and I've found the i3 is really good for me but i don't know which motherboard support it and which is better so i need some help. also i'll use to get 8GB DDR3
The i3 is old and just sucks, don't buy it.

amd x6 ftw ;)
faster and cheaper
If you don't have any cash for a i7 and you're buying a motherboard as well, consider buying an AMD setup, you'll probably be able to get a nice qaudcore setup instead of a junk i3.

intel sucks, AMD owns, its for games but intel is only for jobs and AMD is half as expensive as intel

yes but when you look at the price so you can see the difference and then there
it is actually an AMD processor that costs half as much type as i7
Processor type and is as good as it but a bit worse so therefore I think
that AMD is better, plus as I did not know that Intel produced graphics card

That's because you're stupid and look at the numbers -.-

a i7 x4 with 3.0Ghz
Performs SO much better then a AMDx4 with 3.0Ghz...

They don't even use the same Technology in the CPUs and don't work the same way..

And no.. Intel does not do GPU componets.. that's why that's the only part AMD is better in

Yea AMD is cheaper and I have always like AMD better. Intel is good to but idk I still like AMD better... :/ U can get the same quality for cheaper I thinkkkk..

CopyLeft (ɔ) << I crack up every time I see it lmao

Like I said I thinkk I never got real hard into intel just cuse I like AMD better. Just like the debate over xbox360 and ps3 lmao.... debate will go on for ever and u read my last post the second part ahha

That's because you're stupid and look at the numbers -.-

a i7 x4 with 3.0Ghz
Performs SO much better then a AMDx4 with 3.0Ghz...

They don't even use the same Technology in the CPUs and don't work the same way..

And no.. Intel does not do GPU componets.. that's why that's the only part AMD is better in
are u working there??

Like I said I thinkk I never got real hard into intel just cuse I like AMD better. Just like the debate over xbox360 and ps3 lmao.... debate will go on for ever and u read my last post the second part ahha

There you're wrong..

For example.

If you take :
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition - Quad Core, AM2+/AM3, 3,4GHz, 8MB
Intel Core™ i5 Quad Processor i5-750 - 2,66GHz, Socket LGA1156, 8MB

And compare them.

Both costs around 150$

If you would look at them you would see that AMD is 3.4Ghz and Intel one is 2.6.

Still, the intel CPU would outrun the AMD in performence

the new intel sandybridge cpus really seems to have a ratio with cost/quality-performance. i would suggest you to by one of those, watch out to buy a outdated motherboard though, cuz the first release of the sandybridge motherboards had a bug in the chipset or something that caused a overload and the motherboard and got fucked.

about the amd cpu's, they are very cheap but far away with technology. some games doesnt even use all the cores in the cpu.

the new intel sandybridge cpus really seems to have a ratio with cost/quality-performance. i would suggest you to by one of those, watch out to buy a outdated motherboard though, cuz the first release of the sandybridge motherboards had a bug in the chipset or something that caused a overload and the motherboard and got fucked.

about the amd cpu's, they are very cheap but far away with technology. some games doesnt even use all the cores in the cpu.

No game out there almost don't support more then 4 cores so :p kinda waste to buy a AMD 6x for anything else then a server.

Except poorly programmed games like WoW for example who uses the Socket and not the Cores :p still no boost with having to many cores

No game out there almost don't support more then 4 cores so :p kinda waste to buy a AMD 6x for anything else then a server.

Except poorly programmed games like WoW for example who uses the Socket and not the Cores :p still no boost with having to many cores
exactly that's what I'm talking about I'm looking for computer for games like wow, etc..

Back