• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New computer, need some help

No game out there almost don't support more then 4 cores so :p kinda waste to buy a AMD 6x for anything else then a server.

Except poorly programmed games like WoW for example who uses the Socket and not the Cores :p still no boost with having to many cores

yee ur so right :]

about the wow thing i didnt know :O though wow is kinda sweet :]

Depends, (AMD VS INTEL) not in performance per dollar for example.

Anyhow, I'd upgrade to a motherboard with AM3 support.

There are several cheap choices, I'm using Athlon II x4 640 3.0 GHz. However! You should buy Phenom II instead of Athlon II because of the L3 cache which performs better.
For the RAMs, I'd get Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 MHz which gives incredible performance for a low price, (most gamers use this memory).

Could you give the full speccs of your computer and we could help you out further? And what are you going to use your computer for?

And if you're going to use the processor for games, I'd like to know your graphics card. Since most 4 core processors won't slow your graphic card down, unless you've got like GTX580/Radeon HD 6990 which I don't think you've :)

Depends, (AMD VS INTEL) not in performance per dollar for example.

Anyhow, I'd upgrade to a motherboard with AM3 support.

There are several cheap choices, I'm using Athlon II x4 640 3.0 GHz. However! You should buy Phenom II instead of Athlon II because of the L3 cache which performs better.
For the RAMs, I'd get Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 MHz which gives incredible performance for a low price, (most gamers use this memory).

Could you give the full speccs of your computer and we could help you out further? And what are you going to use your computer for?

And if you're going to use the processor for games, I'd like to know your graphics card. Since most 4 core processors won't slow your graphic card down, unless you've got like GTX580/Radeon HD 6990 which I don't think you've :)

If he's going to game on the computer he should absolutely buy a Intel lol

Dno about this war.

But i bought the Intel i7 960 works like a charm.
Also bought ATI Radeon HD 6950 2 GB DDR5 no problem there.
Also got the RAM mentioned 12 GB.

Any way both AMD and Intel are good so buy a set you can afford.

Dno about this war.

But i bought the Intel i7 960 works like a charm.
Also bought ATI Radeon HD 6950 2 GB DDR5 no problem there.
Also got the RAM mentioned 12 GB.

Any way both AMD and Intel are good so buy a set you can afford.
ey mannen jag har också bredband2 men hur kan du ha 85mb på upload kan du säga hur mycket du brukar betala per månad för jag har bara 18 på upload

Sorry, I think im sayin this to late, but try reading stuff at tomshardware.com, and i recommend AMD for any gamer, as my amd athlon ii x4 630 oc'd at 3.5 GHZ does everything i want it to do with a hd 5770 crossfired, I can play any game at 1920x1080 with highest setting @40 fps+
my build is for about 700$, buy a good case like the rosewill challenger, with a 130-200$ am3 motherboard and a phenom x6 BE and water cooling, and pair that with any 200$+ gpu and it can play any game for the next 2 years, and u can add another gpu and sli or crossfire it.
sorry for my english, to sleepy

Back