• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Open Tibia Engine

esfomeado

N o_0 B
Reaction score
Hi everyone today i'm gonna talk about the new engine i'm working. Actually we only use TFS, it's a good engine but leaks in some aspects like memory usage etc...
So i decided to make my own engine. Why? First to get some experience, and to improve the ot world.
I'm the only developer and will stay this way.
This will take some time but it will be done!

Now some features:
  • Small memory footprint. (Actually we have GB of ram but when we need to get a vps or a dedicated server it gets expensive) You will be able to run a RL-MAP SERVER in LESS OF 256MB!
  • Script compatibility with TFS. (I will try to make the TFS scripts 99% compatibility with my engine)
  • No more xml. I will use Json instead. (There is allot of vantages comparing with xml

Just stay tuned and yes will be open source.

Hi everyone today i'm gonna talk about the new engine i'm working. Actually we only use TFS, it's a good engine but leaks in some aspects like memory usage etc...
So i decided to make my own engine. Why? First to get some experience, and to improve the ot world.
I'm the only developer and will stay this way.
This will take some time but it will be done!

Now some features:
  • Small memory footprint. (Actually we have GB of ram but when we need to get a vps or a dedicated server it gets expensive) You will be able to run a RL-MAP SERVER in LESS OF 256MB!
  • Script compatibility with TFS. (I will try to make the TFS scripts 99% compatibility with my engine)
  • No more xml. I will use Json instead. (There is allot of vantages comparing with xml

Just stay tuned and yes will be open source.

Nice, but tell me, for example rl map got 100MB as an otbm file, then are you going to make ur own map format like chunks or something?

Nice, but tell me, for example rl map got 100MB as an otbm file, then are you going to make ur own map format like chunks or something?

Yes something like that.
I will use the map system from PYOT.

Thanks everyone. I just have started a few days so will take awhile.

Back
Top Bottom