• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Pokemon Server, asking the publics opinion

What kind of poke-server would you play?

• Same Pricing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Raging_Mage

Poke-King
Reaction score
Is it better to release a poke server like the ones that are out right now? Basically not having everything done, skipping a bunch of stuff, and having a lot of bugs that EVERY server out there has?

Or should I release a better fixed version with none of the bugs, no skipped content, and a lot more stuff that those servers don't have? Cast your vote...

Feel free to comment what you would prefer to see different and it might be taken into consideration

Last edited:
Talking shit about the other servers, which is your competition is actually the worst first impression you can make. I won't even bother to look forward to your servers, if you are like that. These "examples" were unnecessary.

@Thexamx
What do you mean talking crap about my competitors? Oh, you mean stating facts? I see.. guess that proves I'm American huh? And examples are necessary lol. I mean, how else do you prove your server to be better or the same as?

Let me give you an example. You see people advertise their servers saying, "is same as this server but has this and we changed that". Or they claim to be "better exp rates than tibia". You see it everywhere on these threads. But then again you cant argue against it cause its FACT. If I say we have x2 exp rates of "this server" and its true... then cant be faulted.

Also ive played all of these servers and ive compiled bug reports on all of them about 2 pages long which I will not reveal. I mean bugs like cloning, invincible poke, and ripping off their donation system. And yes I mean ive got bug reports for ALL the servers I mentioned and 1 I didn't but it has 0 players online 100% of the time so its irrelevant.

Truth is I've stated nothing but facts so I find your comment invalid, thanks anyways lol

Last edited:
@Thexamx
What do you mean talking crap about my competitors? Oh, you mean stating facts? I see.. guess that proves I'm American huh? And examples are necessary lol. I mean, how else do you prove your server to be better or the same as?

Let me give you an example. You see people advertise their servers saying, "is same as this server but has this and we changed that". Or they claim to be "better exp rates than tibia". You see it everywhere on these threads. But then again you cant argue against it cause its FACT. If I say we have x2 exp rates of "this server" and its true... then cant be faulted.

Also ive played all of these servers and ive compiled bug reports on all of them about 2 pages long which I will not reveal. I mean bugs like cloning, invincible poke, and ripping off their donation system. And yes I mean ive got bug reports for ALL the servers I mentioned and 1 I didn't but it has 0 players online 100% of the time so its irrelevant.

Truth is I've stated nothing but facts so I find your comment invalid, thanks anyways lol
Yeah you are stating ur fact, which you didnt prove, because as u said you got something but you wont reveal it, so its not a fact. Its just random people talking bullshit. If you can prove your words and you actually got something and you are showing it then it can be considered "fact". About the part of advertising it's just bullshit and no one that has some respect to others won't advertise as better as something, because it is just inappropirate. No idea what that part with "american" has to do with all, I don't even know who you are and where you live, but whatever. I have never saw servers that are a bit more popular than these other ones, claiming that they got something better than others. Examples? Hexera, gunzodus and prolly others, but I dont do research for these kind of stuff, so I cant give you more examples.

you're not very good at passive-aggressive shit talking
i don't want to speak for people here, but i'm pretty sure people wouldn't play a server made by a pretentious dickhead who talks shit about anything but his own server.

you're not very good at passive-aggressive shit talking
i don't want to speak for people here, but i'm pretty sure people wouldn't play a server made by a pretentious dickhead who talks shit about anything but his own server.
Ok first why would I talk bad about my own server? There are plenty of people out there that will do that for me lol. I mean, if there are bugs.. a lot of them.. and I ignore and don't fix them or I release a game early that has.. 43 poke only... I'm pretty sure there would be plenty of people saying negative things.

Ill be the first to admit we plan on releasing 1 gen at a time. If people don't like that then nothing I can do but we are doing that so we can update maps, use different maps, and give our spriters, mappers, time to get everything good and test it. I got a copy of the server from someone, so I have same sprites which I'm having redone by a spriter. Its slow but I'm redoing them. I also got a copy of the map.. we are replacing a lot of it.. so just like everyone else I took from somewhere else.. and I played other servers to find bugs to check/fix on this server.

Here, I will say this. If it weren't for the other servers and their bugs I wouldn't have done extensive research into all of them to find all the bugs ive found and we've fixed. If they had fixed them I wouldn't have known about them. So to all the other servers, thx

@Thexamx
I am sure that you and many others would love to know how several of these glitches are done. I mean, who wouldn't ? But then I would be a jerk to release a lot of this information as players would abuse it before it got fixed and create a lot of problems for the server. Like you said, they are competition, so this would have been a good move. I could have easily not made this thread and made another talking about the other servers and how players fill about exploits and then listed them. BUT as much fun as that would be that would be a real jerk move. Some servers are aware of some problems I believe so I'm not gonna spread the exploits I have tried and discovered to work.

Ok first why would I talk bad about my own server? There are plenty of people out there that will do that for me lol. I mean, if there are bugs.. a lot of them.. and I ignore and don't fix them or I release a game early that has.. 43 poke only... I'm pretty sure there would be plenty of people saying negative things.

Ill be the first to admit we plan on releasing 1 gen at a time. If people don't like that then nothing I can do but we are doing that so we can update maps, use different maps, and give our spriters, mappers, time to get everything good and test it. I got a copy of the server from someone, so I have same sprites which I'm having redone by a spriter. Its slow but I'm redoing them. I also got a copy of the map.. we are replacing a lot of it.. so just like everyone else I took from somewhere else.. and I played other servers to find bugs to check/fix on this server.

Here, I will say this. If it weren't for the other servers and their bugs I wouldn't have done extensive research into all of them to find all the bugs ive found and we've fixed. If they had fixed them I wouldn't have known about them. So to all the other servers, thx

@Thexamx
I am sure that you and many others would love to know how several of these glitches are done. I mean, who wouldn't ? But then I would be a jerk to release a lot of this information as players would abuse it before it got fixed and create a lot of problems for the server. Like you said, they are competition, so this would have been a good move. I could have easily not made this thread and made another talking about the other servers and how players fill about exploits and then listed them. BUT as much fun as that would be that would be a real jerk move. Some servers are aware of some problems I believe so I'm not gonna spread the exploits I have tried and discovered to work.
i never said you should shit talk your server, it's easy to find flaws in every single server and talk shit about them
you're backhanding your "compliments" to the other servers by talking mad shit about them and giving the implication that yours is somehow better

@Thexamx

I would like to know some useless glitches for game I dont even care about? Why?
I just said that fact can be considered fact, when it is somehow proven.

Holy shit, you talk like Donald Trump hahaha

What is this post even for? You seem to know exactly what kind of server you want to make. Then fokin go and make it m8. Stop wasting everyone's time with this stupid discussion. We're not even talking about your server right now, do you realize this?

The discussion really aha nothing to do with the vote, but lets me see what people prefer.. I could easily put a lot of content out there.. of course it would be bugged, and I could skip a lot of stuff.. I could actually release it way earlier then what I plan. I'm just not sure if that would be more popular than a server with most bugs fixed and less content. That's why I'm asking. I mean if players prefer it that way it saves me a lot of time right?

And then I'm unsure about pricing.. if pricing is fine.. then id leave my prices where everyone else's are. But if people feel like that is too much I could definitely lower my prices.

The only thing not important is English based cause it would be English so that's the only waste of time. BUT every vote counts.

What a shitty questionnaire

Why would anyone pick the worse options when there is no drawback described anywhere

well there are.. I mean if I release what I just downloaded then its pretty much same as most others... now some say this is bad. BUT at the same time this provides players with a familiar map so they don't have to relearn where things are.

Also some of the abusable bugs make the other servers easier, if I removed or changed them then that would be harder.

So there are drawbacks.

Sorry I didn't list them all, I will do better in the future

First you must recruit a team with a good mapper and a good programmer, and the server will be done.
Look for people who have knowledge about this type of server based on Pokemon, (which they have played, or just know).

In my opinion I would not play a server with these characteristics below:

• A server that has level system in the owner and in the pokemon itself.
  • A server where pokemons need "rocks" to evolve.
  • A Pay To Win (P2W) server.
I have a tip. Do not focus on the Brazilian public, leave the official language in English. I am Brazilian and I am aware that Brazilians are toxic and uneducated, and on top of that they do not value the work of others.

First you must recruit a team with a good mapper and a good programmer, and the server will be done.
Look for people who have knowledge about this type of server based on Pokemon, (which they have played, or just know).

In my opinion I would not play a server with these characteristics below:

• A server that has level system in the owner and in the pokemon itself.
  • A server where pokemons need "rocks" to evolve.
  • A Pay To Win (P2W) server.
I have a tip. Do not focus on the Brazilian public, leave the official language in English. I am Brazilian and I am aware that Brazilians are toxic and uneducated, and on top of that they do not value the work of others.

I have a lot of knowledge about pokemon and ive played every pokemon OT I could find.

As for what you would play..
- We were looking into doing it with just poke levels, but to ensure players couldn't start and have friends give them poke to make them super strong we planned to incorporate the badge system like in Gameboy games.
- Evolving pokemon with rocks depends. Obviously evolveing caterpie to metapod should require any or going from metapod to butterfree. However, evolving Pikachu into Raichu will require a thunderstone as intended. We don't plan on changing the evolution process but plan on keeping it the way you would find on any pokemon website.
- We don't plan on having a P2W server HOWEVER.... obtaining prem time would make your journey a lot easier as well as unlock some things that facc cant do. But we also plan on keeping prices low cause its a game. It wont last FOREVER so I'm not wanting people to spend a ton of money on this. Its meant to be fun and I hope everyone enjoys it

I have a lot of knowledge about pokemon and ive played every pokemon OT I could find.

As for what you would play..
- We were looking into doing it with just poke levels, but to ensure players couldn't start and have friends give them poke to make them super strong we planned to incorporate the badge system like in Gameboy games.
- Evolving pokemon with rocks depends. Obviously evolveing caterpie to metapod should require any or going from metapod to butterfree. However, evolving Pikachu into Raichu will require a thunderstone as intended. We don't plan on changing the evolution process but plan on keeping it the way you would find on any pokemon website.
- We don't plan on having a P2W server HOWEVER.... obtaining prem time would make your journey a lot easier as well as unlock some things that facc cant do. But we also plan on keeping prices low cause its a game. It wont last FOREVER so I'm not wanting people to spend a ton of money on this. Its meant to be fun and I hope everyone enjoys it

Yes I agree. In fact, all the servers that aim for success and stability need to generate some financial profit, since it needs a good online hosting service (a good machine). But in fact I wanted to refer to people who usually create servers with the purpose of enriching the pie (not that I'm talking about you), but unfortunately there are many people with this bad intention. But anyway, I wish you good luck with the project.

Back