• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New sprite effects

Exiled Pain

Fervid Learner
Reaction score
Sub I've been doing some new effects sprites for a friends OT, but we have tryed to add them INGAME, but no luck..

Done everything in DATEditor, then tryed to go to the last part of effects in sourcecode and adding the new effect number, then also adding the new effect in constant LIB folder.. but also no luck... so can this be actually done?

Whe made some effects work by replacing other sprites effects, so we asume that we are missing adding something somewhere.. so it's not the sprite effect thats wrong..

Can someone help me with a small tutorial on how to add new custom sprites effects (not replacing them).. Bet many people would like this... i'll give rep++ to anyone that helps.. thanks in advance

Yes, actualy 32x32 multipliers..
Like I said, the problem doesn't seem to be the sprite itself, cause if I replace an old effect with my new sprite, it works fine, the problem is when I try to add a new effect, it doesn't work...

I must be missing something in the scripting-addcoding part somewhere..

Could anyone help?

lua files like the lua files of:

data/spells/scripts lua files?

Not working neither, use the exact same spell to test it out, just by changing the effect, and when it's a replaced effect in the sprites/dat editor it works fine... it shows the new effect and everything, but when I try to add a brand new one..and replace that effect in the lua.. that's when nothing happends.

Please help..:thumbup:

So guess no one really knows nor has try to add new effects?:( Or not really interested in helping out.. just one of those things people have to find out by them selves?... must be someone out there that knows how and doen't mind to share some info...

"if it possible to add a sprite to a server of his own?"

Yes theres is a way i know how to add custom sprites

if i had permission to otland staff i can put a tutorial but credits don't go to me

Last edited:
yep also adding them to the global.lua or now known constant.lua file...

@up
well I do know how to add sprites, items and monsters, have many in my server.. the thing is that adding new effects, like I said.. not the sprite that is the problem, but the validating stuff to make it work in game. That's why dont have any problems when replacing one, but I do have problems when creating one from scratch.. dont seem to work what I've tryed so far

had same problem

go to protocolgame.cpp

find this

and set limit to bigger (limit of effects) ;) hope i helped

void ProtocolGame::sendMagicEffect(const Position& pos, uint8_t type)
{
if(canSee(pos) && type <= 67)
{
NetworkMessage_ptr msg = getOutputBuffer();
if(msg)
{
TRACK_MESSAGE(msg);
AddMagicEffect(msg, pos, type);
}
}
}

Make sure that it is an unused number in your Gobal.lua file. So it matches the sprite# in your Editor. It needs a number that hasn't been used already like you can't use 3 if it's already used by Bubble or w/e.

Back
Top Bottom