• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand New Staff Members

With the Staff recruitment closing 2 weeks ago, we have reviewed all applications and made final determinations based on a wider set of criteria. The most important factor we reviewed is whether the contribution history (posts, activity) fits the desired role. That means the quality (not quantity) of your posts/profile posts and how often you are available (we don't require spending hours a day but logging in once a month is not enough).

All members that have been unsuccessful at this stage are encouraged to continue their participation and to demonstrate fitness for the role through continued activity. We will likely be holding new recruitment next year and give you all another chance at applying if that is still something you wish to do.

Here comes the decisions, which have not been easy to make in some cases. There were promising candidates that we couldn't find enough contribution history to be convinced they are the right fit at that point.

For the position of a Global Moderator, we are inviting:
Global Moderators moderate and approve threads in all boards (including Downloads), review ban evasions, clean spam.

For the position of Board Moderators, we are inviting:
Board Moderators are assigned to only moderate boards they are entrusted with. Being a good Board Moderator is a good way to earn a promotion to a Global Moderator in future.

To the Support Team, we are inviting:
Support Team moderates the Support board and primarily works to answer questions.

To the team of Article Editors, we are inviting:
Article Editors are responsible for writing/editing the OTS Guide (link above) as well as editing the Tutorials.

Congratulations to all new Staff members! I hope this will breath some new life into the less used parts of the forum.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me privately or in this thread.

Hopefully we can all contribute with positive things here on OTLand making the site a better place for everyone, no matter what position we have.
I'm personally looking forward to contribute with my best.

Kudos to Don Daniello for taking the initiative to open a recruitment for new staff members. I'm glad that he did.

Good luck to everyone and hopefully people can now strive to make a good impression all around the forum for the next recruitment.

Cheers! 🥳

Congratulations :D

I'm sad not to pass 😭 but I'm happy to receive new helpers
success to all, fulfill your duties to deserve this position achieved

Today I opened a request to delete an old topic and the staff members resolved it very quickly, congratulations for the actual administration and I hope the community keep going well!

Have you considered having staff start new threads for popular discussions that have lost most or all of its images from image hosting sites shutting down, primarily tinypic! just a thought

Have you considered having staff start new threads for popular discussions that have lost most or all of its images from image hosting sites shutting down, primarily tinypic! just a thought

Not sure if that would work, alot of the graveyard threads has been saved / "uploaded" again but I doubt anyone has copies of images uploaded to the forum / discussion threads.
If you or anyone else has images downloaded (ex of maps or really w/e) you can report the post where the image should be with a link to the image and a mod will attach it to the post.

And it's a pretty big problem since most of those services has or will close, both file and image hosting.

Back