• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New "stats" system on items.

desalib

Reaction score
Hello all !
First of all I'm new to lua and cpp coding. I've learned all I know there with all your code exemple :) .
I've joined a project as second coder so I will now need your help a little bit to implement a stats system.

I'm not really comfortable with source modification as everytime I tried .... better not to say XD.

I've tried both Cykotitan mod : http://otland.net/f163/mod-random-item-stats-130295/
and jRiddick "attributes MOD" : http://otland.net/f35/attributes-mod-156649/

They both work and I like Cykotitan a lot for what it do.
I don't know if it's possible by anyway to modify Cykotitan one to do what I want or if I must use another side script.

I know there is source modification required.. I just don't know at all how to do it :
I want to add some new "stats" that will show up on the item like Cykotitan one but not to directly modify the item. What I want is vars that hold those amounts that will be included in the server formula like damage and all.
I want to modify the damage taken, damage dealt, element "resist", and few others things that I'll probably need to edit in source.

What I want is indications on how and where to create those vars so I can use and modify them in source and in lua scripts later. (the vars need to bound to character)
And how to add it to an item description and add/remove when the item is equipped and unequipped ( how to know if the item is equipped as well)
If it's not too much I would just like an indication where (damage taken, damage dealt, element "resist") formulas are in the source : )

Thanks you, I don't want you to write the script for me please I need to learn :) I just want exemple and indication.
(tfs 4.0 r3777)

Back