• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Pre 7.6 Spell Teaching NPC

EternalOblong

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to modify my NPCs so that they teach spells based on the player magic level rather than experience level.

Druid,"light" -> String="Light", Price=100, "Do you want to buy the spell 'Light' for %P gold?", Topic=3

Topic=3,"yes",Level<SpellLevel(String) -> Amount=SpellLevel(String), "You need to advance to level %A to learn this spell."

I need to do this with maybe 20 NPCs so I'm not looking for someone to do it for me, just to explain how I can do it.

So far I've tried changing "SpellLevel(String)" to "SpellMagLv(String)", "SpellMLevel(String)" and "SpellMagicLevel(String)" and none have worked for me (TFS 1.2 shows error on line X of the NPC script when launching server. My NPCs are .lua.

Thank you.
Post automatically merged:

Lua:
# GIMUD - Graphical Interface Multi User Dungeon
# faluae.npc: Datenbank für die Deraisim-Anführerin Faluae (Elfenstadt)

Name = "Faluae"
Outfit = (62,0-0-0-0)
Home = [32660,31673,7]
Radius = 5

Behaviour = {
ADDRESS,"hello$",!       -> "Greetings, traveller."
ADDRESS,"hi$",!          -> *
ADDRESS,"ashari$",!      -> *
ADDRESS,!                -> Idle
BUSY,"hello$",!          -> "Sorry, I am busy now."
BUSY,"hi$",!             -> *
BUSY,"ashari$",!         -> *
BUSY,!                   -> NOP
VANISH,!                 -> "Asha Thrazi, traveller."

"bye"           -> "Asha Thrazi, traveller.", Idle
"farewell"      -> *
"asha","thrazi" -> *
"job"           -> "I am the spokesperson of the Deraisim caste."
"name"          -> "I am known as Faluae Ethrathil."
"time"          -> "Sorry, I don't know."

"carlin"        -> "For a human city Carlin is not that bad. Its still a scar in the natural enviroment of course."
"thais"         -> "Thais is fa away and that is a good thing."
"venore"        -> "I don't appreciate that my people buy that much human wares but there is little I can do about it."
"roderick"      -> "He is the thaian ambassador."
"olrik"         -> "He is the assistant of the thaian ambassador."

"king"          -> "I know nothing about kings."
"elves"         -> "The elves are split in three castes: the Deraisim, the Kuridai, and the Cenath."
"dwarfs"        -> "Funny little people sometimes. But their tunnels are harmful to the enviroment."
"humans"        -> "I don't like their stone cities and their stench."
"troll"         -> "I still can't stand the thought of the Kuridai keeping these disgusting creatures in our settlement."
"army"          -> "I don't understand what you mean."
"cenath"        -> "They think they are so wise but they lost the ability to adore the simple things."
"kuridai"       -> "They are paranoid, what makes them so aggressive."
"deraisim"      -> "We only stay here to keep our people together. We hunt for them, provide them with food, and scout the area."
"abdaisim"      -> "Our lost brothers and sisters. Oh, we miss them so much."
"teshial"       -> "I can only hope they will return one day."
"ferumbras"     -> "I hope this fallen servant of evil will never find us."
"crunor"        -> "I praise the Great Tree and Mother Earth, who gave birth to all life, and Nera, the celestial paladin."
"nera"          -> "The lady of spring, helper of Crunor and Earth itself."
"excalibug"     -> "What is that?"
"news"          -> "Sorry, the only news I have concern the growth of plants and the coming and going of animal herds."

druid,"rod",QuestValue(333)<1  -> "Oh, you did not purchase your first magical rod yet? Please take this little present from me as your magic teacher!",SetQuestValue(333,1),Type=3066, Amount=1,Create(Type)

"magic"         -> "I learned a little about some minor spells."
"druid"         -> "Druids are very close to Crunor."
"sorcerer"      -> "They are so ... destructive."
"spellbook"     -> "Sorry, I have none on me."
"spell"         -> "I could teach you the spells of 'Light', 'Great Light', 'Food', and 'Find Person'."

Druid,"find","person"        -> String="Find Person", Price=80,   "Do you want to buy the spell 'Find Person' for %P gold?", Topic=3
Druid,"light"                -> String="Light", Price=100,  "Do you want to buy the spell 'Light' for %P gold?", Topic=3
Druid,"food"                 -> String="Food", Price=300,  "Do you want to buy the spell 'Food' for %P gold?", Topic=3
Druid,"great","light"        -> String="Great Light", Price=500,  "Do you want to buy the spell 'Great Light' for %P gold?", Topic=3

Paladin,"find","person"      -> String="Find Person", Price=80,   "Do you want to buy the spell 'Find Person' for %P gold?", Topic=3
Paladin,"light"              -> String="Light", Price=100,  "Do you want to buy the spell 'Light' for %P gold?", Topic=3
Paladin,"food"               -> String="Food", Price=300,  "Do you want to buy the spell 'Food' for %P gold?", Topic=3
Paladin,"great","light"      -> String="Great Light", Price=500,  "Do you want to buy the spell 'Great Light' for %P gold?", Topic=3

"find","person" -> "I'm sorry, but this spell is only for druids and paladins."
"light"         -> *
"food"          -> *
"great","light" -> *

Topic=3,"yes",SpellKnown(String)=1        -> "You already know that spell."
Topic=3,"yes",Level<SpellLevel(String)    -> Amount=SpellLevel(String), "You need to advance to level %A to learn this spell."
Topic=3,"yes",CountMoney<Price            -> "You do not have enough gold to pay my services."
Topic=3,"yes"                             -> "From now on you can cast this spell.", DeleteMoney, EffectOpp(13), TeachSpell(String)
Topic=3                                   -> "I thought so."
}

There's one entire NPC if that helps.

FAQ- Yes I've already changed and tested (works perfectly) spells.xml to use "MagLv" rather than "Level."

you need to add new behaviour for magic level, aswell changing the lines in npcs to use it.
i posted the changes some time ago, mby it can help you

you need to add new behaviour for magic level, aswell changing the lines in npcs to use it.
i posted the changes some time ago, mby it can help you

Thank you for your time, solution is working perfectly.

Back